1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

John Kennedy

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by LectersLuncheon, May 15, 2016.

Discuss John Kennedy in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I think if it’s howe for next year it’s imperative that we sign cook and smith from Bournemouth so at least we have 2 in defence that have actually played together, playing a whole brand new back 4 is a frightening prospect.

2. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

A dough ball in the dug out and a dough ball in front of a camera

3. Lewis Kerr

See if you're genuinely that brainless, you have no right to be employed in any capacity. We're a laughing stock

oh bhoy and Slaw like this.
  4. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    Absolute muppet this guy... How can you as a professional football coach let your team play to the strengths of your opponent??

Sgt Neppers* and _DannyBhoy_ like this.
  5. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    That is * bonkers :43:

_DannyBhoy_ likes this.
  6. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

It is quite simply astounding how someone who has played the game professionally (albeit cut short through injury) and we hear on a regular basis is so highly thought of as a coach can not see something so basic as this.

Literally their main strength is their full backs crossing the ball into the box and our one of our major weaknesses all season has been defending crosses! Stop the crosses coming in and it will massively reduce their attacking threat and in turn will also help us massively with the amount of goals we are letting in.

If you were a European team that were doing your homework before playing them you would only really need to watch one game to know what they are about. Some teams will mix it up and play wide/through the middle but you know that getting ball wide and the full backs whipping balls in is their main go to move.

They said during the game how many of their goals this season against us alone have been from crosses/set pieces. So why the * would you tell the team during the team talk to let them go wide and put crosses in then?

He has to leave the club, it’s as simple as that. Don’t want him involved in any capacity. Can you imagine if he went back down to train the youths and your coach is telling you to let the opposition full backs to cross at will? What a football masterclass that is…

I was very hopeful like a lot of us that Kennedy would at least give a fresh approach and try and improve the mood over the last few games ever slightly in what has been a disaster of a season from start to finish. He has somehow made no clear progress at all over Lennon which takes some serious doing…

The “young progressive coach” has shown he is every bit a football dinosaur as Lennon was.

SwissCelt, Cerand Bhoy, Lecs and 2 others like this.
  7. John Bhoy79 What chance have you got against a tie and a crest

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    So the gameplan was to was to deliberately allow sevco to play to their strengths? Nothing Kennedy has done during his time as a member of the backroom staff nor in his stint as manager suggests he has anything to offer at all. He doesn't even appear competent to the most basic, common-sense level. There are far too many people stealing a living from this club at the minute from the boardroom to the pitch and until the vast majority(if not all of them) are removed we will just be papering over cracks.

Cerand Bhoy and _DannyBhoy_ like this.
  8. SkyeCelt

Launch this loser out the door with a swift kick to the tatties.

9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Aye it was only up until a game or 2 ago against them when every goal of their's against us had came from cross ball's or set pieces. Lol..

We all saw Kenny shrink massively in the 2 game's before this. What was the point in starting him? A 6 month loan who'll never be back..

Or Montgomery for the left. Why no?

He hasn't given 1 kid a chance to breakthrough in these dead rubbers. A token Dembele gesture at the sheep who were flooded with youngster's..

Broony who's signed a pre contract elsewhere over a younger, more mobile player who is actually a lot better than him now..

You could go on and on..

_DannyBhoy_ likes this.
  10. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Brown nosed his way to being the manager of Celtic Football Club. Amazing.

John Bhoy79 likes this.
  11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Must've been covered in * with that snozzle..

Keano88 likes this.
  12. Lecs

Aye I think we realistically will have four new guys in defense if the new manager chooses 4 at the back as his formation.

Ajer will be offski, he's been pretty vocal about it and to be fair he's performed to an extent (still below par for me).

Taylor, like the wee guy and he tries hard but he's miles away from good enough to be the Celtic starting left back. If we have any ambition to win the league next season we need a higher calibre of player.

Walsh, again likeable guy has tried hard, but a squad player at best. No danger will he be playing in the starting line up.

Kenny, I personally think he's a * muppet. Absolutely shocking for a so called Everton, EPL prospect. I would rather the * Kilmarnock right back O'Donnell than this clown. We need to aim far higher, plus he's not our player. So he won't be starting next season.

Then you've got the goalkeeper. I can see us binning the Greek tragedy Barkas, and Connor Hazard, I'd bin Bain as well but I can see us keeping him as he'll end up being 3rd choice and a squad player.

So two new goalkeepers definitely.

Then midfield, will Soro be deemed as good enough by the new manager to be the first choice and mainstay of the midfield? I'm not too sure. I like Soro but I can see us signing two new central midfielders anyway. Brown is offski, McGregor for me will potentialy be off as well. Looks like he's fed up and I can see Rodgers tempting him away. Plus his age, he's got one big move in him, and it's probably now or never, he's 28 in June.

Right midfield, back up for James Forrest. Christie will be off as well. Left wing, I don't think Johnston is good enough, need to sign at least one left sided midfielder anyway, if not two.

Elyounoussi, Rogic, Christie as mentioned before will probably all be off. So we're left with potentially just Turnbull and Karamoko Dembele who is still a wee guy (in the number 10 sort of role).

Klimala has already signed to leave. Eddy will leave, Ajeti I can't see staying, he might though. Griffiths as well will probably leave. So it's a very real prospect that we will have no strikers at the club come the beginning of July.

We then need our new main man up front or main men up front to come in right away, and start banging in goals against teams in the champions league qualifiers, then in the league, then we'll need him/them to be firing against Huns in end of August beginning of September.

Going to cost.. * knows how much, we will get money from the sale of Eddy, Ajer, Christie, Klimala to put that back into the team to buy new guys. Hopefully generate money from fringe players and guys we don't deem as good enough.

I predict that it will take months for these new players to get used to each other, the club, the new manager's philosophy and system that he will deploy.

* monumental.

13. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

It’s mental to think that we would have been much better off keeping Lennon til the end of the season over this nonsense. Glad everyone is on board with the “get Kennedy to *” train anyway.

14. Mr. Slippyfist

I've just got the job as the conductor.

Slaw, _DannyBhoy_ and Keano88 like this.
  15. TheHappyLoss

So this guy is a highly rated coach? Name one thing I’m missing that shows this? Utter clown

16. john2061

Think your being generous just doing that and would give him a year at the top coaching facility so he can learn how to set up a team as he hasn't a * clue how do it at the moment and he needs to be grapped by the scruff of the neck and flung into the first taxi passing Celtic park and out the * door .

17. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Hes no got a clue.

Worked under, what, 4 managers now? And appears to have learned * all.

Shouldn't be involved at all next season. Time for him to go out on his own.

18. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    What made you think that getting Howe in would allow us to storm the league?

Im not trying to be arsey I'm genuinely just curious as I don't know how anyone could feel that confident. We don't know what is going to happen.

I'm of the opinion this will take 2 seasons minimum to fix. Gross mismanagement to even be in this position its embarrassing.

Fans are going to have to be patient. We may not win anything next season but need to think long term.

19. Lecs

I'm not saying Eddie Howe is the next Brendan Rodgers like a lot of fans by the way, I would personally prefer if we went down the route of appointing a Bundesliga style manager, a Marco Rose, Jessie Marsch type guy, but that's neither here or there.

When we lost 1-0 against the Huns on 2nd of January at Ibrox, I genuinely thought we were the better team, offered a lot more going forward and lost a * stupid goal. Edouard missed two one on ones and we generally were rank rotten in-front of goal, the Huns never had a shot on target, as much as I thought Neil Lennon was incompetent and our team were still miles below par, I looked at the situation as thinking if you got a guy in of the Rose/Marsch calibre, they wouldn't have to change all that much to beat that hun team and win the league.

A bit of professionalism, 5 or 6 signings, more organised, fitter etc and somebody with a bit of tactical nous would be able to outthink Steven Gerrard and his backroom staff and get better results against not only them but other teams in our league.

I've now changed my opinion, think we could be waiting years for us to win the title again. I think Steven Gerrard will leave soon, Kent, Morelos, Kamara, Goldson will be sought after this summer. The Huns haven't sold guys like Dembele for 20 million, Armstrong for 8 million, Tierney for 25 million, Frimpong for 11.5 million. I can't even remember the last time they sold anybody for decent money so my thinking was well they'll need to sell their best players and then can they replace them?

But * knows. It's a bigger rebuild than I probably thought in the beginning. But hopefully that clears up what I was thinking. I don't think Rangers are all that great, yes they're professional, they're fit, they're well drilled. But a very average league title winning side to me.

Mr Shelby likes this.
  20. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk