1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic v Dundee Utd (Centenary SC Final) shown on BBC Scotland Friday 30/4/2021 at 22:30hrs

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Drakhan, Apr 28, 2021.

Discuss Celtic v Dundee Utd (Centenary SC Final) shown on BBC Scotland Friday 30/4/2021 at 22:30hrs in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    BBC Scotland are showing highlights of our Centenary Scottish Cup Final win over Dundee Utd when we completed the double.
    Anyone got memories of the match.
    Was there. Fantastic day.

charlietully and Marty McFly like this.
  2. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    It's my earliest memory of Celtic. I was 5 years old, turned 6 a few months later and got the Centenary kit for my birthday.

I can only very very vaguely remember the day, I didnt sit and watch it I don't think, I was outside playing and what not and probably only saw bits of the game. The memories all kinda merge in with the '89 and '90 finals too so I can't remember specifics.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  3. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    It was my young brother's first ever Celtic match that i took him to.
    Couldnt get a ticket for myself so had to buy a family ticket and told him he was going.

4. simpy

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson,charlie nicklas(1st season)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Yes was at it, remember it being a cracking sunny day and the mayhem when Celtic scored the second, remember passing a pub and Perfect by Fairground Attraction was playing and everyone singing "it's got to be Celtic" every time I hear the song reminds me of the day

5. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Obviously a golden day for the club, could any of the guys who seen it live have foreseen the nine years that followed it? Curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Remember walking back to my Gran's house on Westmoreland Street and turning the corner seen a guy had shinnied all the way up a lamppost and was in the middle of hanging up a 20ft by 10 ft Tricolour from the top of it.
    Also, got into Gran's and my mum had broken her hand on the table when she jumped up after the winning goal was scored.

jake10 and Breathnach67 like this.
  7. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    What a season, never got to the final, but was at nearly ever home game that season in the league. What a season.

eire4 likes this.
  8. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    You just had to be there !! unforgettable experience .

9. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    It truly was a memorable season. One of the best in my life time. So many late come backs wins. I have a centenary jersey signed by Neil Lennon and a number of other Celtic players up on my office wall one of my prized possessions.

dbhoy72 likes this.
  10. leeso-ardoyne

Great thinking back on all the memories like this. My memory of this cup final is off me at 8 years of age jumping on top of a car that was driving my ma to the airport to fly over to watch the match with my da. Wasnt there a boat strike that year hence why my ma got the flight. I was crying my eyes out wanting to go over with her getting trailed from the car by my granny to her house, but the * wouldnt let me as funds where tight back then or they where just looking a dirty wknd away with no kids to look after haha. I remember hearing the story of my da heading to glasgow to meet my ma aswell. My da was working in london at the time and got the train up to Glasgow the day before. He hit the drink on the train on the way up and fell out of it steaming. My ma wasnt too pleased and near sure remember hearing about her hitting him a crack on the jaw haha. As for the match itself, i watched it in my grannies but i cant really remember much about it TBH, although i still have the tape somewhere with my da and big permed ma on it just behind the fence. Think it was a scorcher of a day that day too. I can rememebr the match the year after thou. Both my ma and da at it again. Remember watching it in the pub in andytown getting baby sitted by my das mate. Anto rogan missed a pen for abberdeen to win the cup. also remember on the same day crystal palace drawing with ManU in that cup final.

Celtic has always been a massive part of my family, so sitting here remembering the good old days with a smile thinking of the family memories. Good thread OP!

11. leeso-ardoyne

I have my and my das old Celtic tops but cant seem to find the two that is this one and the ford peoples away! Gutted because cant remember what we done with them!

12. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Loved that..

Might watch it again later..

Who was the lovely looking mixed raced lassie?

13. simpy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing

14. simpy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Wasn't sure weather it was 85 or 88 the boat strike, getting old, i flew over as well with NLR csc think number of clubs chartered a plane, one of the guys from the club got interview for Scottish TV and told them we "where coming over in fishing and pleasure boats" * ourselves laughing and slegged him the hold weekend, happy days,my son who was born until 89 now wears my centenary shirt

15. leeso-ardoyne

Im near sure it was in 88. I would have been 5 in 85, think im 5 or 4 in my profile pic in Glasgow just before one of the huns games, but i dont ever recall getting a flight that year. Dont think i first flew untill i was 18 so it must have been 88 the boat strike. Did the strike go on for long and what was it for?

16. simpy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    88 it was my wife's father and two brothers worked on the boats, think it was over pay lasted a couple of weeks

leeso-ardoyne likes this.
  17. johnboy19

Fav Celtic Player:
    Billy McNeil and Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song and The Celtic Symphony
    What a day, what a season. What a year. I got engaged, and married that year. Still happily married 32 and a bit years later.

kramer1, eire4 and McChiellini.. like this.
  18. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Watched this in my mates house. Him and his big brother were rampant huns. It was delightful.

Drakhan likes this.
  19. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Shereen Cutkelvin a singer/songwriter. I hadn't seen her before this, I'd just heard an interview with her on the radio a while ago which was pretty good.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  20. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Team was quite nervous that day, football has changed so much since then, I didn't think we were that good, the result was all that mattered though, was at the semi final against hearts