1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr. Slippyfist

It’s not exactly just simply “one year of no success” now is it?

It’s the biggest capitulation and spectacle of self demolition in probably THE most important season in many people’s lifetimes as Celtic supporters.

2. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Am I too entitled for you, ‘*’ ?

I’d take 50 years of no success over the way our supporters have been treated this year.

3. ApartPidgeon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Wheres transferbhoy

4. StanP19

Fav Celtic Player:
    Stilian Petrov
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    If you think the frustrations are down to one year of no success you are * deluded

Tommy25 and FrankMcCallum like this.
  5. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I think if we had another treble this year with the same problems off the field that we’ve been displaying for years that we’d still be getting comments like that you’re * deluded.

6. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    We had a Treble the season before, as it stands it is one year of no success. A big * year, but still one year mate.

7. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Aye, majorly too entitled.

We’ve been treated far, far worse off of Celtic in the past and that’s a fact.0

8. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

That’s a fact is it? Aw well that makes it all ok then, I feel much better now that you’ve cleared that up. Now that you’ve eluded to past failures, it makes this season completely acceptable.

A glorified * up in another continent during a global pandemic and the subsequent defence of it from our lunatic of an ex manager, followed up by the most pathetic apology from that fat pig Lawwell is as bad as anything I’ve ever seen from Celtic.

Supporters of this club have lost family members as a result of this virus and the club were suggesting that we were the ones being victimised, blaming everycunt else but themselves.

Abhorrent behaviour, that for me was far more significant than any trophy that could’ve been won or lost. That entire episode went against everything we stand for as a club.

That’s before we get on to our unfathomable transfer policy, and our bizarre insistence on not capitalising on a period of strength. Holding back 300k for players such as McGinn due to the stubbornness of an accountant acting as a director of football, whilst happily spunking millions on dross like Klimala, Bolingoli, Bayo etc. without blinking.

We appointed an unqualified, unprofessional egomaniac who failed at Hibs and Bolton in the showers whilst refusing to consider the CVs of other managers. The Celtic job would have been incredibly coveted at the time, it would have been appealing to many managers. Who knows how many top coaches we rejected and all for Lawwell to appoint his wee pal?

What about players and staff being forced upon managers for several years?

* away the easiest qualification route to the Champions League that you could dream of, on a regular basis? Malmo, Ferencvaros, Cluj, AEK Athens, clubs that we absolutely dwarf in resources - Hardly equates to “one year without success” as you so eloquently put it.

The reluctance and ultimate failure to invest in the facilities and players to meet Rodgers’ ambitions?

The ease at which a ten year old club has overturned our seismic advantage both on and off the pitch?

Zero communication from the board to the supporters in times of crisis?

Barricading our own supporters out of the stadium?

That’s before we talk about anything that happened on a football pitch this season, which would exceed the word count for some dissertations.

I’ve seen a lot of * in my time supporting Celtic, none of which has come anywhere close as bad to this season, and the events and decisions that have ultimately led to our collapse this season.

Our club is a * shambles in every department, and people like you think it’s acceptable. The mentality that suits those who run our club as they know they will continue to get away with it.

Celtic fans should want us to reach our potential as a club. If that’s too much to ask then I must be entitled along with tens of thousands of others.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
  9. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Where have I said any of that’s ok? We’re at an extreme lowpoint and we have every right to be angry and demand improvement and demand mistakes don’t get repeated.

However, and you’ve pretty much proved your first comment was a lie, I can’t understand just because of this season no longer caring about Celtic and having complete apathy.

You clearly don’t :50:

10. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    I wonder is TransferBhoy is still cutting aboot his hoose with an American flag?

Any * heard fae him?

11. TheHappyLoss

No one will accuse us of rushing into things I suppose :(

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  12. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Alan Nixon was tweeting yesterday that the hold up is the coaching staff at Bournemouth he wants

13. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    If he's talking coaches that are still at Bournemouth then * knows how long that could take. They're guaranteed play offs are they not?

14. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    I dont see why it should impact announcing him though. We can announce coaching staff at a later date

15. StevieBhoooy!

Because (presumably) thise additional staff cannot be guaranteed at this stage and he (EH) clearly won’t commit without that.

We need a manager right now and just think we should move on - if we haven’t already - he may be the right man but we need rebuilding now... not the week before European qualifiers start.

It would be foolish if there was only one cv on the desk.... then again.. we’ve seen that happen.

16. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    I don't like this entitled narrative, the 90s was dismal mostly, but weren't the demands the same as always from the Celtic support to demand results? I would say there is over exaggerated pessimism, but not entitlement.

17. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Hampden, Radox, Job Offers. Lawwell might have 1 foot out the door, but don't underestimate the * he pulls.

18. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Does any one know of the stock market is still closed

19. TransferBhoy

Neil Lennon enjoying a nice pint with Chris Wilder in Edinburgh today.

20. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Aye but has Mensch been doon the Barras yet.

Marty McFly and Artorias like this.