1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
  2. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Apparently Howe has always made clear that he would want someone who understands the club and league by his side.

Was also told by an ex-teammate of Maloney’s that he’s desperate to work at Celtic and be part of the new coaching structure. He wouldn’t be able to join us until towards the end of July though presumably, which isn’t ideal, but if he was to come in as one of Howe’s coaches I’d be delighted.

3. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Didn't Maloney state on Sportscene that we had to hurry up and make an announcement, as our planning should've already been done for next season?

I'm not sure he'd do that publicly if he was due to be part of a soon announced coaching team.

4. Gurru 991

You're safe because Jose is not coming to Celtic, he was making 10 mil a year at Spurs & he won't be taking the kind of pay cut that would happen at Celtic.
    These guys like to stay in the media limelight any way they can so the agent just leaks a story to keep the name current.

5. SuperZidane

Given that we are 86 days (I believe) from the first European qualifying match and our squad needs a major overhaul - we should obviously be "fairly relaxed" about the progress of negotiations.

I don't know why I'm ever surprised when our board makes a total balls up of things.

I had read somewhere that Season ticket renewals were going out on Monday 26th but I heard on a couple of radio shows this week that they are going out next Friday or Saturday.

If that's true - I could understand if they are waiting until then to announce Howe. I can't say that I'm optimistic and, if we get to next Saturday with no announcement from the club, then I dread to think what the situation is.

Wee Baldy and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  6. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

Conner Sammon ?

gazb1888 likes this.
  7. oh bhoy

is eddie howe really gonna sell season tickets in their droves though.theres no doubt hes the best name mentioned but do the board think everyone is gonna be delirious with exaltation at signing an unemployed ,former bournemouth manager to overlook their incompetance and downright disrespect for the fans this season,i doubt it

Peej likes this.
  8. gazb1888

I’d take Eddie the eagle at this point and I’d buy a season ticket.. get behind the manager, players and club regardless of who it’s going to be ☘️

9. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. oh bhoy

may as well just give kennedy the job and keep barky in nets with a cavalier attitude like that.

bhoy81, James Mc and SuperZidane like this.
  11. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Which would see us loosing all the silverware on offer to the huns on an annual basis. No chance. I won't be using part of my pension to pay for a season ticket if that was the case.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
  12. limezer

I don’t think we are going to announce anything until after next weekend, they will want the last Sevco game out the way.

13. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    And the board take us for granted every year due to that attitude . Hence the mess we are in

murphy88, Keano88, Raoul Duke and 4 others like this.
  14. SuperZidane

That attitude is exactly why the board knew they could get away with appointing Lennon in 2019 and, if they thought enough people still had that attitude, I have no doubt they would appoint Kennedy.

murphy88, Keano88, Raoul Duke and 2 others like this.
  15. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I'll be buying my season ticket aye, but * the latter part.

16. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Why?

17. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    If they believed they could have got away with it, they would.

I think they surely know by now they won't get away with that * again.

My only worry is, the next appointment will be only half the task and we will skimp on actually doing the backroom staff side of things, in hope just a respected named manager is enough to bring us all back on side and then let things turn out alright for them.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  18. joemc

Regurgitated pish after pish , how many times are we gonna see howe coming ,howe waiting on pl club ,howe wants his people with him , howe has a change of heart , both parties seem relaxed, kean back in frame ,Kennedy is getting it marsch is coming ,marsch confirms he's not coming , mourinhio is coming but we can't pay him , Benitez wants us to fill a bin bag full of cash and he will be manager , lampard says yes lampard says no , this is just utter garbage the lot of it , the only thing that could possibly be real is we have spoken to Keane and most probably howe , its stayed quiet since from the club , nothing nada , the rags have no clue wots happening .
    BUT .... the pressure the media are trying to put on the club from irate fans is not working for a reason I feel , the club are confident they have thier man or back up plan if not , why is nothing being announced yet , possibly out of respect to Kennedy still trying to do the job or the guy we want is still working for a club atm .

19. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

I honestly couldn’t give a * at this point. That’s what they’ve done to me. Complete and utter apathy.

20. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    * sake, one year of no success and * are giving it this.

King Kwon likes this.