1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Leigh Griffiths

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Vertie Auld, Jan 31, 2014.

Discuss Leigh Griffiths in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I agree that’s the only way I see him staying, there’s talk we are already trying to offload Ajeti so this scenario could well happen.

2. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    He’s clearly behind Griffiths in the pecking order as it stands just now.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Alexa. A tweet that makes you greet? :90:

4. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

What a grenade this turned out to be :fear: HH

McChiellini.. likes this.
  5. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Crazy the quality of naturally talented attackers coming from that part of the country....but all * lazy * :56:griff, riordan, stokes, O’Connor and fletcher but he’s the odd one out of the lot haha

AdamRS likes this.
  6. murphy88

I agree with what you are saying, but I'm not sure I trust our recruitment to use the money wisely. We could just as easy * that wage on another Ajeti or Klimala. With Edouard going, if Griffiths goes as well, then we leave ourselves with no striker capable of scoring goals. Don't get me wrong, Griffiths could just as easy make an * of it and leave us with nobody anyway. We have backed ourselves into a corner here in my opinion because the recruitment has been woeful. The game the other night again highlights what we have missed this season by him either not being fit enough to be selected, or due to the stubbornness of Lennon and Kennedy by not playing him when he is fit enough. I would want the new manager to make his own mind up about Griffiths, because there is undoubtedly a good goalscorer there, if the manager thought he could get the best out of him, they would keep him. If Ivan Toney was brought in last summer we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

7. MusselburghBhoy Gimme danger, little stranger

Fav Celtic Player:
    Momo Sylla
    Cummings too. Hibs have such a weird thing for having strikers that are total * arseholes and lunatics.

The_Bhoy and Liam Scales like this.
  8. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    As it stands today I'd keep him, for all the problems he is/has we know what he can do, it's not ideal but this is where we are just now.

Dan Breen likes this.
  9. honda Gold Member Gold Member

For someones whos been unfit the entire season, he runs more than the fit grumpy French striker. Inconsistencies with lennons reports lead me to believe lennon fell out with him anyway and nothing to do with not trying.

10. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    He was fat as * when he came back in pre-season, everybody could see that.

11. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    I have been one of his biggest critics, I think he has always been better as in impact sub, I don't know what has gone on behind the scenes, but he doesn't seem to have that impact anymore when starting or from the bench.

martin_d likes this.
  12. horseshoe

Griffiths problems are well documented so I'm not giving him a free pass, but I do agree this season him not getting more game time was at least in part down to Lennon being stubborn and playing favourites. I certainly don't trust his word when it comes to players fitness, not after he used that excuse for not playing Klimala at the start of the season when he looked in better shape than most of the squad.

13. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Wished I could be that fat

Liam Scales likes this.
  14. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Lazy, unfit player who is 31 years old this year. Needs to go with the rest of the deadwood. A last minute goal against a * aberdeen when the league is lost in march doesn't change that.

Sonic Reducer and martin_d like this.
  15. Dip 'n' Swerve

fatties can score goals too - rooney was hardly lean and trim. griff never got a good run of games this season - he deserved a shot. well played by lennon and co to make excuses. if griff wasn't fit then step up your sessions - it is your duty to get him match sharp. either play him or loan him out this season. total failure, I hope he plays the next few games and scores against rangers.

he is the best all round finisher in the league - show him some love and he will do the business.

fms06 likes this.
  16. ladbroke8

Keep and use. He is the wind beneath our wings

17. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wish I could have his talent. His attitude returning overweight and unfit was disrespectful to us.

And it’s far from the first time he’s done it.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  18. fms06

I'm not convinced , yes he scored against a * Aberdeen side, lets bot forget a side eddy & co couldn't, let's not minimise griffs input by scoring...31 is a decent age hardly finished, if he gets the opportunity he would do the business.....this year he would have put more away than eddy and ajeti given the chance....

He does have his problems but under a good manager he would thrive again......but I do believe the decision has been made, hes gone...

19. murphy88

He also scored against the same Aberdeen team when the league wasn't lost after coming from the bench, and a last minute winner at St. Johnstone. He might have got plenty more if Lennon didn't cut off his nose to spite his face as well. He was rightly punished for his lack of professionalism, but when he was having an impact earlier in the season, that should have been the end of it. We were struggling to score goals and Lennon was still * about with Ajeti and Klimala instead of Griffiths.

Dip 'n' Swerve likes this.
  20. Dip 'n' Swerve

Klimala in that first rangers game :42: