1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Scottish Cup Huns away Sunday 18 April 3pm Premier Sports

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Luis1967, Apr 4, 2021.

Discuss Scottish Cup Huns away Sunday 18 April 3pm Premier Sports in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

And that was as lucky a win as you’ll see in a game like that.

Pathetic record.

Marty McFly likes this.
  2. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Few more too... It had been coming

Screenshot_20210419_094715.jpg

3. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

7 goals against them in the last 11 games. Grim reading.

Marty McFly likes this.
  4. Los Palmas 7 something strange happened Gold Member

This season we've scored 2 goals for the huns and 1 against ffs.

5. Onefootwonder

It's mental how we lose these games when we create loads of clear chances and they don't really have many chances. Everything they do just bounces the right way and ends up in the net.

Artorias likes this.
  6. Dip 'n' Swerve

Any other club ever produced the * we have this season!! The writing has been on the wall since Brendan's last season.
    As a club we rely too heavily on loan players - criminal to have both full backs on loan and a winger - these loan players start most games and all 3 are not good enough.

Moi is not a big game player - I can recall his lob he missed in earlier games.
    Barkas , polish paddy, ajeti, duffy - did not start or make an impact all season - the money wasted is shocking!
    the club is being run into the ground.

Brown, Mc gregor, Christie - do they deserve to start? they have failed to impact games all season, wasteful in possession, get out muscled and out classed. wasteful in front of goal in every game - shots blazed over the bar or poor decisions. mc gregor has been shocking all season looks half the player he was not future captain material for me, he would be lucky to make a future 11.

Eddie - not clinical often falls or has a terrible first touch, often makes bad decision making, eddie plays better with griff alongside him.

what has griff and soro to do to start?

kennedy is coaching this team on a daily basis, he is the root cause of the failing on the pitch.

Look at the amount of corners we get - I don't think I have ever seen us work a corner that has been carried out in training - create a short corner for 2 v 1 situation, decoy runs etc - that problem is the coach.

what has kennedy got over the club?!

We play with no width, no pace and no vigour - when kent has the ball he drives and is direct - we don't have that and last had it with forrest, Sinclair and Roberts etc.

the team has became stale especially and never freshened up - players like moi, rogic, Christie, ntcham etc these guys don't want to do the dirty stuff the tackles, the in your face stuff, tracking back.

this team will take 5 years to get back to any sort of decent level and any incoming manager will only take the team with the promise of serious money being pumped into the team - if desmond wasn't prepared to bankroll the team this season why would he in future - he isn't a celtic man he only cares about his profit margins.

wee Fergus would never have let this happen.

7. Dip 'n' Swerve

every game this season we have looked laboured and struggle to score 2 good goals, we play with no zing, no directness or speed. the likes of Frimpong and forrest show how important we reply on speed and width to try and open up teams.
    zero threats from corners or set pieces
    the whole team needs cleared out, coaches, scouts the lot and start again!

yesterday looked like the rangers v Dundee utd at home - why not throw griff on at half time?!

personally I would have went for ajer at right back, and bitton / welsh centre half - we do miss forrest and jullien - but they aren't the long term answer either.

this team needs gutted out asap

8. Dip 'n' Swerve

every game this season we have looked laboured and struggle to score 2 good goals, we play with no zing, no directness or speed. the likes of Frimpong and forrest show how important we reply on speed and width to try and open up teams.
    zero threats from corners or set pieces
    the whole team needs cleared out, coaches, scouts the lot and start again!

yesterday looked like the rangers v Dundee utd at home - why not throw griff on at half time?!

personally I would have went for ajer at right back, and bitton / welsh centre half - we do miss forrest and jullien - but they aren't the long term answer either.

this team needs gutted out asap
    eddie had a great chance tried to be too cute - but that is him - look at his penalties - eddie is a poor dembele - dembele had strength, could head, could use power in his shots. he should have slide moi the ball sooner - even so, if that was griff the ball was away first time. why not play with 2 x strikers give them a rattle.

blame the coach he loves and fancies himself - if he stays in the club with any new manager things wont change quickly. all season we have been wasteful in front of goal and it has cost us the league

9. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    * pathetic, bunch of losers, get them all tae * in the summer.

10. Ak1

Under Rodgers I felt a lot of his success came from his use of inverted wingers. Sinclair in particular made hay running in diagonally, or cutting infield to shoot from distance.
    Roberts was also pretty useful doing the same on the opposite flank, and both were capable of clever link up, such as his pass to Armstrong to set up Griffiths goal at Ibrox, or numerous passes to Rogic on the edge of the box to shoot from the edge of the area.

By the second season, opposition teams had began to nullify that threat, but with Tierney fully establishing himself, the system was persevered with down our left side as KT had the legs to overlap, and the composure and quality to hit perfect crosses for the strikers to convert.
    Forest at this point had replaced Roberts, and still produced moments of real quality such as his goal which resulted in Lustig wearing the coppers hat and his last min winner against them that had Gerrard jumping about screaming for a foul.

Roll on 2 years and the downturn in our quality is ridiculous.
    Mo Elyounoussi has fairly similar qualities to Sinclair, but is only here on loan.
    Laxalt, Kenny (also on loan) and Taylor probably haven’t produced a quarter of what KT was delivering between them.

Forest is of course, 2 years older and been severely missed this season with his horrendous ankle injury. .
    Christie has been asked to replicate Roberts, but what he has in energy he obviously lacks this in composure, quality and accuracy.

All Rangers have done this season is hold a compact shape, wait for us to make the inevitable mistakes in possession and delivered 1-2 decent set pieces. With the way our season started, they could even afford to draw games against us, so once again the onus was on us to break them down to try and make up the points dropped.

A bit like some others I do feel ‘they’ are a pretty ordinary side, who happens to be well coached by Beale. But I’m sure the rumours over their finances have substance, and I’m pretty sure the first opportunity Gerrard gets, they’ll both be away.

A decent appointment and I’m pretty sure we can become Champions again pretty soon, whatever the turnaround in players this summer.

Bring it on!

charlietully likes this.
  11. john2061

Can't trust this board to do things right now and just look at the recruitment we let sheved go out on loan with no back up winger to James Forrest and the left side as well is threadbare where is Mikey Johnston .
    I think if by Saturday this week there is still no appointment of a manager then I think the board need to come out and say what is happening as this silence is a * joke .
    Nearly all sections of the team is weak as goalkeepers are a joke and right and left back weak and even centre halfs weak and forward line weak as * as we must have had over a hundred shots on goal in the last 4 games and got ten goals that's a * joke .

12. CountyDownFaithful

See when you look at the 4 games against them this year, they’ve not been anything special. I’ve seen them play better against us other teams.

But that’s probably their game plan against us. Don’t overplay. Don’t chase the game. They know that we will make mistakes and leave gaps so they just bide their time.

It’s criminal how easy we are to play against.

bagforlife likes this.
  13. Perfidious Albion

Fav Celtic Player:
    McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hampden in the sun
    Loan loan loans.sick of them. Going right back to michael grey. Or was he bought?

Either ways. If F. Harkin comes on board. I see no end of this *.

Folk down in England thinkin they've saved football. And they all have human trafficking players at their clubs. GTF.

Me heid is getting it at all angles. All this stuff is too much too handle. Desmond out!!