1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sgt Neppers*

Whatever the chat about Spurs, Palace or Super duper ultimate bestest league ever, that should not deter us from our business, which should have been concluded weeks ago.

LectersLuncheon and greengrocer like this.
  2. Dip 'n' Swerve

the slavia manager sets his teams up well, seems tactically astute and seems to find players at a appropriate price range.
    my vote is for jindrich tripisovsky
    for him to leave in such a manner was the toxic way the club is run - if you ever worked for someone so horrible that it was his only choice.

I don't understand what would have changed if he left at the end of the season, what thing would have changed? lennon not getting the job?

we always have been a club on a shoe string budget - Brendan would have got the 10 if he was fully backed and supported. lawwell etc was running the club thinking they were the managers and coaches. He left as he had no choice he could no longer look at lawwell on a daily basis.

fan pressure? fans called for lennon to be sacked in autumn. how can you tell who was and wasn't going to be manager.

lets face it lawwell and co are the biggest problem at the club along with desmond who has no interest in the football or progression on the pitch.

id have done the same - shots being made without my approval on a team you work on the training ground - I think it was classy Brendan didn't lower himself and saying anything when he left. it is all now pretty clear what was going on and one of the worries for any incoming manager and the reason the club are looking for a Dof.

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Aye that makes sense..

Mourinho I can't stand but has won everything in the game..

Pochettino their manager before has landed the PSG job and just knocked out Barca and last year's winner's Bayern....back to back..

We've just had Neil Lennon in charge. I'm all for aiming high but let's no get above our station. Spurs and the top 6 side's in that league are usually levels ahead of us in every way..

fms06 likes this.
  4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Because Spurs are a far better team than us. He’s not a big enough name for them, but he’d be a fantastic appointment for us.

We’re operating in different markets

SuperZidane, fms06 and honda like this.
  5. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    100% agree in ref to Slavia manager.

And also about Lawwell, the forward planning is terrible.

Even if we scrapped over the league this year and got the 10, we would still be looking at a huge overhaul not seen in most of our lifetime at the club.

Even before the autumn, while transfer window was open in August, Lennon talked to the media saying some players didnt want to be there for this season. I know its easy in hindsight, but were we not better getting them out the door and getting players that wanted to be here. If they lost the hunger for history then they shouldnt be wearing the hoops.

Would we have been worse off now signing Toney and selling Eddie back then.

Whoever the manager is, we need the right set up behind the scenes managing the football stragey.

If that man is Fergal Harkin, and we want him and hes keen for the role, and its whats holding the Eddie Howe situation up, i think we move on to another manager.

Im not saying thats the case, but its possible

6. murphy88

The rumour was that Toney was in the building but we wren't keen on him. It wasn't a case of selling Edouard to bring someone in though. We spent £5m on Ajeti, Toney went for the same money. It is just another example of our shocking recruitment.

DonnyCelt likes this.
  7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Just imagine Toney was 1 on 1 with Helander or the other dumpling Goldson..

There's no way he's no scoring a couple yesterday..

The Phoenix and DonnyCelt like this.
  8. kinglenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Mismanaged from top to bottom, I cannot believe we have let that hun team win the league this year, * shambles man.

Reminds me of this banner.

EPnRCyZWoAAT0xa-702x459.jpeg

Crilly, NomDePlum and The Phoenix like this.
  9. murphy88

I know mate. He would be roasting the likes of Helander. And we went for Ajeti instead, unbelievable.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  10. DonnyCelt

This. How we passed up the opportunity to sign Toney for Ajeti is disgraceful. Even more so because he was in the * building.

murphy88 and The Phoenix like this.
  11. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    We should have signed both and shown griff the door.

We knew eddie would leave this summer anyway, and it would have meant we only needed one to hit the ground running.

The Phoenix, DonnyCelt and AdamRS like this.
  12. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    They fell asleep at the wheel the minute they let the wee guy into the back seat even though they knew he wasn’t a good passenger

The Phoenix and kinglenny like this.
  13. BarryBhoy

Whatever happens, the new man needs to have his own coaches. Sick to the back teeth of watching Kennedy and that muppet Strachan floating about with their hands in their pockets and scratching their heads. They are as much part of the problem as anyone else.

14. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Get the finger out, Celtic. Taking the * with how long this has dragged on for.

15. Sgt Neppers*

The board have been appalling this year. They have acted negligently, unprofessionally with total contempt for us. There has been many an opportunity to start to improve their relationship with us bit they fail every single time. The best they come up with is a tweet ffs. We are in total free fall, with more potential for humiliation to come. And still silence. Not even a welcome to the club tweet, yet we pop up with every * birthday message available.

16. Larsson 7

Absolutely soul destroying, constantly checking for updates and still not a word on any form of progress. Ffs, give us something.

Tommy25 and Crilly like this.
  17. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    They may not go for Howe, but I could see them going for Rodgers, and then possibly Leicester going for Howe as his replacement.

18. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    I honestly think Leicester are above Howe at this stage tbf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I don't see Howe gettin a top 6 EPL club tbh, would probably be lower end of the division.

20. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Maybe, but if they were wanting continuity I can see them going for Howe as his managerial style is very similar to Rodgers.