1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

A big HH to the Sellick da's requesting odds on Jose coming up the road.

SkyBet re-opened the 'next Celtic manager' market for about an hour.

Got some more on JK at 9/4 before it was pulled again

:62:

2. murphy88

No chance Spurs will go for Howe. They will be looking for better in my opinion.

RockhardBoss likes this.
  3. MrSpeaker89

Where are people getting this managerial merry-go-round thing from? One 'big' job is currently available in the EPL: Spurs. Early favourite is Julian Nagelsmann. If they got him, that'd be that. Not taken from any other English clubs.

Would Spurs target Howe? I'd doubt it.

4. Jmac402

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Bring Jose home! :giggle1:

5. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    I honestly can’t see it, the reasons being I think our owner and board will * up this summer. We are always reactive and never proactive and these * at the top are still in a coma at the wheel.

6. bhoy81

Reports are saying he got bin bagged due to him telling players to train today after that announcement for a super league.

I don’t know how true this is but if it is true then fair plays to him for doing something like that!

oh and on a side note, bring Jose home!

7. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Nope, not true according to all the football journos. Just social media doing it's thing

8. bhoy81

that’s why I said if it is true....

9. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

That's why I was confirming it wasn't

10. bhoy81

:57:

11. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Mourinho was In Talks with us before their was truth in that his agents released a statement about it saying he was flattered but it wasn’t the right time yet .... ovb wanted another crack at epl but looks like that landscape is changing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    I call him a rat, not because of his success but because the way he left the club.

It was semi clear at the time Lawwell was the biggest modavator in the 'rat' leaving, the mismanagement of player recruitment lost us a top quality manager to get the 10 done.

But if he stayed to the end off the season, held his hands up and said hes taking the club as far as he could under the current lawwell set up, i personally believe we wouldnt been in our current situation.

Fan pressure at that point wouldnt have seen lennon as manager under the DOF Lawwell, just wouldnt have happened.

He chose himself over the club

StPauli1916 likes this.
  13. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    We have more chance of getting mourinho than spurs wanting Howe. Bruce has weathered the storm at newcastle. This might actually light a rocket up Howes and the boards * to get a move on and get this done. If we weren't getting Howe the board would have leaked some * to absolve them of being responsible for not getting it over the line before now.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

14. murphy88

I can see Mourinho taking an International job now and getting out of club football.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  15. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

The rot ultimately started with Rodgers * recruitment. Sure, desmond, lawwell, lennon and Co exacerbated the situation but standards were already on the wane before he left. While the invincible season was probably the second best in our history he done that with what was essentially players signed by the previous 3 managers, adding sinclair and dembele(technically not even his signing). He then proceeded to fill the squad with dross like de vries, gamboa, eboue, ntcham, Morgan, hendry etc. While it is undeniable that Rodgers is a good coach he, much like lennon, suffered from lack of a plan b at celtic. This led to humiliation in Europe and losing 4-0 at tynecastle, plus the last side he put out against the huns before he left looked totally lost. Given all those factors he could just as easily lost the 10 too.

Celtic made Rodgers the highest paid manager our history when no one else would touch him, gave him a platform to get his stock back up and he * off to the 1st epl club that flashed their knickers at him. He must have known the budgetary constraints celtic operate under when he took the job yet allegedly chose to cite this as a reason for leaving. The 1st manager in our history to leave to take up further employment midway through a season while still competing for 2 trophies, he deserted what he perceived was a ship that could sink, he absolutely deserves the moniker "rat".

mayo and StPauli1916 like this.
  16. murphy88

Rodgers left because he felt no loyalty to the board in my opinion. Not signing McGinn was the beginning of the end. It was also a great opportunity at Leicester to be fair as they had plenty a good young players on their hands, and he is getting a tune out of them just now, not surprisingly, because he a top coach.

17. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Mourinho is never ever joining us we cant afford/won't pay half his wages

18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Mourinho wouldn't want to come here and trust me the feelings mutual..

Spurs wouldn't go for Howe either. They're trying to break away as an elite club (no laughing at the back
    ). A guy who's last job was relegating Bournemouth isn't it..

19. fms06

Then why are we so wrapped up in signing him......if he isn't good enough for that mob he wouldn't be good enough for us......

I'm not a great fan of EH coming to us, my thoughts are at the very least he different to what we had...still a huge risk yet there is no alternative quality out there atm....

20. theweeman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    Mourinhos been a busted flush for 10 years since he didn't land a CL for the Royals, Next stop China / Middle East / Portugal national side

Sgt Neppers* likes this.