1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

I know he won't be getting the job, however hearing Turnbull refer to him as "Kendo" demonstrates how much respect Kennedy instils in the dressing room as a Manager albeit a temporary one.

Kendo ffs!

2. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

There is a rebuild job, aye. But folk need to remember this hun team aren't great, you can't be saying Goldson, Helander, Tavernier, Jack, Kent and whoever else are great players.
    They have a couple of good players, the rest are average. Rodger's team would have taken 5 off them.

Tommy25, AdamRS and mayo like this.
  3. murphy88

They aren't a good side, but it is a massive rebuild required for us. New keeper, two new full backs, probably a centre half as Ajer will go I would think, a winger, a striker. That's just in the starting eleven, we need a few more on top of that to challenge for places as well. We are probably looking at needing to bring in 10 players. It is a massive job ahead.

4. mayo

With the new CEO coming in and that shocking performance yesterday surely a manager will be announced this week?

Oh wait, this is Celtic, I’ll hold my breath.

On a side note if Howe doesn’t get it this week he’s 100% not coming imo.

lazyregula and greenockbhoy67 like this.
  5. Living the dream

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnston
    Totally agree

mayo likes this.
  6. Sgt Neppers*

Mourinho available....:fear:

The67Sound likes this.
  7. Martybhoy53

The way things are going we might end up with Gregor Townsend as manager.

8. murphy88

With Christie's shooting, you would think he already is managing us.

9. leeso-ardoyne

A new twist in the Celtic manager hunt, jose just been sacked by spurs haha. Cant wait to see the speculation on this one now :rofl: But as in life, ya just never know. It would be nice!

The67Sound likes this.
  10. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Crazy considering he’s a two time champions league winner but I wouldn’t touch mourinho with a barge pole, doubt he’d come anywhere near us anyway.

johnboy19 likes this.
  11. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Think mourinho needs some time away from the game he looks a broken man nowadays

Rydo1888* likes this.
  12. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    They are an ageing team aswell, not many saleable assets as the team get older.

They’ve got Morelos, Kamara and Kent who i think they’d get decent money for, tav and barisic are not bad but are getting close to 30, defoe, mcgregor and davis are pensioners

Free the Adblock likes this.
  13. shieldsybhoy

Jose, get yersel up the road son

The67Sound likes this.
  14. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    The huns are better than most of our fans give credit. They are well drilled and i believe if they keep gerrard he will improve them over the summer.

The special one getting sacked is a curve ball. It can impact next season in Scotland.

Will Howe get the job, will they head hunt Gerrard, can we make a play for Jose?

Jose might be pipe dream, but honestly where does he go from here, we might be more attractive than we give credit for in his situation. His next move needs success or his stock is gone.

To touch on ppl saying MON only needed a few players to turn it around. But it was also several record signings for us in an era we matched some EPL teams for wages. Plus as others have pointed out we still had a decent level of player at the club.

The rat is slightly different, he lifted the club and done it on a small budget.
    But he had a presence about him that we most likely wont get in our new man, and players like Armstrong, Forrest, Christie looked liked they were heading for the exit, became top players again. Brown , mcgregor and KT went up a level.

15. Dip 'n' Swerve

Brendan delivered for the club - under the club they won trophies - personally I think calling him a rat there is no need. it is obvious that he wanted to stay for 10, he wanted to bring the club to a higher level, he knew he needed a better calibre of player to deliver this and cement the 10. he is also a very thorough coach and thrives on making players better. Brendan and lee congerton brought in eddie and dembele, he also helped progress KT - the money from sales is keeping the club going - he had the foresight to use eddie as a back-up until and get him ready when dembele was to be sold on.

Brendan obviously could not work any longer under the regime of lawwell - players getting signed which Brendan didn't want etc and the relationship became untenable - id say it broke his heart to leave but he was left with no choice and as soon as the word got out Leicester ponced (with celtic getting 9 million).

if the word rat is to be used it certainly isn't what Brendan delivered, gave us a taste of and money brought into the club for future use.

we were all frustrated, annoyed and sad at his decision to leave the club - but I think now it is all apparent as the reason why the board and personnel within the board running a regime thinking they club was theirs and that they only knew best.

which is a shame as if Brendan could have been supported I would have no doubt that we would be celebrating the 10 in a row :(

I would have done the same - imagine how toxic the relationship would have became to leave the job in an instant

Tommy25 likes this.
  16. Dip 'n' Swerve

the slavia manager sets his teams up well, seems tactically astute and seems to find players at a appropriate price range.
    my vote is for jindrich tripisovsky

Tommy25 likes this.
  17. limezer

Jose you know it makes sense

18. Sgt Neppers*

Eddie Howe around 14/16-1 for the spurs job. Don't believe he'll get it, but this will be the start of the manager merry-go-round down south. We've dragged are heels long enough. Need to be coming out now with something for us the fans. End this nightmare.

19. celtic warrior

Eddie Howe is no longer, if he ever was that is, coming here now.

Could totally see him being given a crack at the spurs job now.

20. DonnyCelt

This. Regardless of if he gets the spurs job the merry-go-round has begun down there.