1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

This time next year

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Gioventu, Apr 18, 2021.

Discuss This time next year in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

This season has been the worst in many of our lives supporting Celtic. Times are gloomy and there’s no getting away from it however using a bit of perspective there is light on the horizon.

We have a blank canvas for next season. New CEO, DOF, manager and inevitably a whole new team. If we do things right over the summer (and that’s a massive IF) we could again reassert our dominance for the next 4-5+ years.

Despite having a massive rebuild to do, we’ve got a chance to lay the foundations for success and learn from our mistakes. By comparison this time next year the scum will be looking at: Gerrard gone, Morelos gone, Kent gone, kamara gone, mcgregor gone, Davis gone, barisic gone.

This seasons been a write off and we’ve missed out on history. Next season we regroup, reset and restore the natural order. Do it right and we could have a good few hunskelping years ahead.

martin_d likes this.
  2. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    We need to get everything right from top to bottom, it’s a disgrace it’s come to this but we need to plan for the future like * yesterday tbh.

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    This has been the worst season of my life by a country mile..

4. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Not confident at all about next season and see no reason to be in all honesty, other that a kind of ‘the only way is up’ thought.

Far too much to do over one transfer window for me.

5. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    The way I see it, the huns won't have as good a season next year and we won't have anywhere near as bad a season, and yet I still, unfortunately, think they'll win the league comfortably.

I legit think only Turnbull is guaranteed a first choice spot next season, Forrest's injuries seem to be catching up to him unfortunately, McGregor will probably leave, and as much as I like the boy Welsh shouldn't be first choice next year. Soro can 100% be the Brown replacement but it's vital we, at least, give him the last 4 games as first choice.

We need a GK, Two CB'S 1 LB, 2 RB, 1 LW, 1 RW, 1 CAM and 2 ST, even if we get Howe that feels like too much going into next season.

Here's hoping Gerrard leaves the huns and takes a few of their players with him, only way I see us winning the league next year, hopefully I'm miles off it and we come back in style.

6. Sydneysider

I wouldnt bank on that mate, cant see Liverpool taking a punt on Gerrard if Klopp goes to either Bayern or the German national side. And if its not Liverpool the shitebag will sit back at Ibrox for a couple of years and enjoy the adulation of the scum. Hope Im wrong.

The rest will still be there I suspect, and probably strengthened with some new signings.

* dismal IMHO

7. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    This time next year Scotland will still be a bigoted shitehole, the media will still be sucking the festering * that is Sevco.

I will still be able to read and translate Latin and that’s something that the thick Presby anti Catholic * that populate said shitehole will never be able to do. I will still have lavish thick hair, devastating good looks, wit and wisdom whilst those 3.5 million ugly illiterate * only have ill founded intolerant beliefs.

8. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

We'll be millionaires

9. wulliebad

This time next year we will still be chasing the zombies. There are so many players leaving and the club will simply not have enough funds to build a team in one season. As the manager farce drags on we are losing time before the CL starts and no doubt like every other * year we will try and sign someone and wonder why they are not up and running after 1 or 2 friendlies before the qualifiers start. I honestly do not see us coming out of this mess in one window or one season. Most windows we are lucky to sign one good player,we are going to need 5,6,7 or * knows how many.

Sydneysider likes this.
  10. vortex666

Keep saying to myself and there a few others on here... Its just a freak season then when you sit back and look at what we have to do to get a decent team for next season. I honestly think we could be in for another long season there is just too much to do. We need too many players, dof, manager need to work together hit the ground running. We also have to do better in Europe that's where the money is. Far too many players that shouldn't be even playing for celtic. Too many let's take a chance signings made.

11. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Really it's come down to hunger and motivation and respect for the management. The team should have seen a rebuild a couple years ago but the board backed the cheap option and hoped sevco would implode. Under Lennon and kennedy we haven't outplayed sevco and won since September 2019 and have played them 6 times since then. Every player we have is underperforming consistently all season while Gerrard has * Joe aribo looking like Leon goretzka

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

12. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    This time next year we should have a spine to the squad, a set of players who we can build around.

13. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    This time next year a well coached young team with a director of football who has an actual vision of what the plan is . A board that will back the dof and coach and otherwise stay out of footballing matters. The league then will take care of itself.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

14. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    This time next year I just hope we're back in the * stadium!!!

blackfish likes this.
  15. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    This season has been a one off in my eyes. We were badly affected by the Covid virus and, along with Aberdeen, we were targeted and severely punished for our misdemeanours while one other club in our league were let off practically scot free. We also had to deal with the quest of doing the ten which, as we have all witnessed, was always going to be difficult due to the "honest mistakes" made by our hun loving SFA and the masonic refereeing fraternity who all "knew the significance of this season". We also had a manager who had clearly lost the dressing room and should have stepped down after our European disasters but was allowed to continue by a board who had clearly taken their eye off the road. So, if we get the correct footballing structure in place and if we make a few decent signings then I think we can reclaim our title this time next year.

16. Sydneysider

You forgot...laughable scouting, a nucleus of long serving, highly paid squad members on long contracts who didnt give a * about the Club or the fans...

17. Pearse67*

* the huns!!

Lets concentrate on ourselves, theres tons to be sorted ffs!

18. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    The list was endless to be honest Sydneysider - that's how far we have let things slip

Sydneysider likes this.
  19. Sgt Neppers*

We'll still be waiting in an appointment of a DOF and Head coach. ...

20. Conjuring_Obey Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley song
    I just hope this time next year we won’t be talking about bringing in players like Paddy Roberts and Jonjoe Kenny on loan deals again.