1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by hkbhoy, May 15, 2007.

Discuss Scott Brown in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Big C

Our best player today by a mile!!! * help us next season when he’s not here.

Sydneysider likes this.
  2. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Nowhere near it..

Turnbull by a million miles.

Broony was decent in the last game v them but wasn't at the races today. Beaten to the ball as they broke for their first, slow at their 2nd, loose pass 30 secs into the game that led to them breaking.

He's been a great servant but it's an absolute travesty that we didn't use the last 10 games of this season to allow Soro to show us more of his ability.

3. JamesM09

So you’re watching Brown play this season and regardless of how he plays as long as Kennedy picks him he must be good, because Kennedy sees him day in day out?

Brown was a big part of the issue today. Watch the two goals, he’s non-existent and he’s the defensive midfielder.

Mate your obviously a Brown fan to go to such lengths to defend him and I respect that, but he’s finished and he has been for a year now. He’s getting a game because he’s a club legend and he’s leaving at the end of the season - that shouldn’t be happening. Use your eyes.

4. Big C

Nonsense. Turnbull was nowhere to be seen 2nd half. If your going to pick on every inaccurate pass by a player then even Messi will struggle with your logic. He was not to blame for their 1st goal, their 2nd was an own goal...this/ your type are the problem with this site. You get something in your head and can’t/won’t change your thoughts. Take a couple of days, go and watch it again and just think....will we miss his presence in this fixture next season. The answer is YES.

Sydneysider likes this.
  5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    We can all see game's differently but I'm at a loss at how anyone can think he was our best player today. Wowsers..

Aye Turnbull and Ajer for me were our 'standouts'. How many time's have we said that this season?

I think we're all in agreement about Soro. No one is claiming he's some world beater either by the way and he is rough around the edges. Expected but. He has been a breath of fresh air though. Mobile. Tenacious. Positive. Crisp passer. Turns well. Reads the game well etc

So many thing's to work with. Kennedy doesn't want to though :87:

Gyp Rosetti and MagicBallBhoy like this.
  6. StanP19

Fav Celtic Player:
    Stilian Petrov
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Mate, I love broony but he was nowhere near good enough today

7. Big C

I agree, but he was the best of a * horrible bunch of imposters with the exception of Welsh.

Sydneysider likes this.
  8. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

:56: Calm it Big C

Someone having a different opinion to you isn't what's wrong with the site fs.

I'm one of Broony's biggest defenders on here but he didn't play well today.

I'm aware that players will misplace passes but he attempted a ball to a guy who had his back to goal & that was surrounded by men (not sure if it was Christie or Turnbull) didn't put enough on it and the Huns broke 4 on 3 against us.

Turnbull wasn't faultless but he was at the heart of everything good for us IMO. Held the ball up, composed, put in a few dangerous balls.

He was let down massively by our woeful support. A few times today he had the ball 40 yards out on the break and no-one was bursting their * to break the lines and give him an option.

9. StanP19

Fav Celtic Player:
    Stilian Petrov
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I think today summed our season up as a whole. Totally inept. Not good enough from start to finish. Loads of work to do

Sydneysider likes this.
  10. Big C

There’s no doubt Turnbull is the future and that he had a good 1st half. I suppose for all our players failings on a weekly basis is that there is absolutely nobody with Browns drive and endeavour. I honestly believe it won’t be until next season when people see him playing for Aberdeen they appreciate how good he is.

joemc likes this.
  11. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Broony has a will to win that's sadly lacking in many in our squad but Soro came in and was a revelation, yet we've bombed him out despite Broony being up North in 8 weeks time. Illogical.

I hate giving any of them credit but if it was Bain or Barkas facing that dipping shot that Turnbull had in the 2nd half, it would be in the back of the net.

If we bring in a decent manager who brings in some quality that actually.puts in an effort, Turnbull will show his class even more. He's got nothing round about him at the moment.

12. joemc

M8 I'm only defending him because for me and some others he had some fight and passed well was strong in challenges and broke up play a number of times wen they attacked , so today he was not bad like a few are saying , first goal mcgregor misses the challenge ball breaks into our box and Kenny is caught not concentrating and Davis is free to score , second goal laxalt caught out of position ,expects ajer to close the space ajer stays to protect his area and means laxalt has to much to do to cover , Aribo has time to square across our goal and Kenny lets Kent run off him to score .
    Both fullbacks at fault ,could argue mcgregor should get out a bit quicker to shut down the shot , but brown not at fault for any of the goals .
    I like brown and I respect wot he has done for the club over the years but really I like to call it how I see it and if there is an attack on a player for whatever reason and its not how I seen it ,I highlight it cauz I dont go with the crowd to just to appease if its wrong in my eyes ... now were is my Labrador .

13. StanP19

Fav Celtic Player:
    Stilian Petrov
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I’d be very surprised if he is better for Aberdeen next season than he’s been for us this season. I actually think he will hardly play for Aberdeen unless completely necessary. It pains me to say this but his legs are gone he’s finished at this level but I really hope he becomes a great coach

14. joemc

I agree they will get 2 good years out him and you can bet he will help them get a result over us without doupt .

15. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    He should have been eased out during rodgers final season, with him being a back-up player last season and either leaving at the start of this season, or accepting a role on the bench.

Soro was playing fantastic for us since the Lille game, with the only thing that maybe needed worked on was his passing, but he was generally excellent, then for some bizarre reason Lennon shoe-horns Brown back into the team, and, not surprisingly, they win the midfield battle again.

The fact we're still playing him after he's signed a contract at Aberdeen tells us all we need to know about Kennedy, spineless *.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  16. Sydneysider

Absolutely ! and if we had Forster or a half-decent goalie he would have caught that incredibly soft overhead kick from Davies that went straight thro Bains floppy hands . Looks like Bain is getting training tips from Barkas,

17. joemc

Or the players we have .

18. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I'm finding it difficult to say anything negative about Broony now.

A club legend, who gives 100% every time he pulls on the Jersey.

If we had more in the squad with his desire, we'd be looking at the ten.

19. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Jesus Christ! :giggle1:

Dan Breen and Artorias like this.
  20. wulliebad

Couple of seasons ago i would agree but his time is up at celtic as a first 11 player. There are younger and sharper and better at the club who can take over. Would have liked him to stay in a player/coach role and playing much fewer games but oh well.