1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Scottish Cup Huns away Sunday 18 April 3pm Premier Sports

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Luis1967, Apr 4, 2021.

Discuss Scottish Cup Huns away Sunday 18 April 3pm Premier Sports in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Seconded.

celtneill, Slater67 and joemc like this.
  2. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    And the cameras will be there with the Wolftones to celebrate Howe joining us . This is taking place in my back yard on Wednesday at 12 noon

johnboy19 likes this.
  3. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Hope you have the beers in as well m8

4. StevieBhoooy!

5. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

Na. I will leave Griff out of this.

Saying no more about that performance today .
    Gutless * shambles.
    I really thought we would have went out and at least tried to kick lumps out of them.

A shambles .

StanP19 likes this.
  6. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Been working like * all day so haven’t a clue how the game went, where we absolutely *?

7. joemc

Just a bit more * in front of goal than the huns m8

AdamRS likes this.
  8. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    And quite a bit more * in defence. Full-backs were a joke.

AdamRS likes this.
  9. joemc

Yeh they were poor m8

10. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Sounds like the norm to me then, ahh well least we know lennedy isn’t getting the job full time

11. StanP19

Fav Celtic Player:
    Stilian Petrov
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Remember the days when you used to take the day aff work to watch us skelp the huns? Keep working mate haha

12. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Needs must mate :56:

StanP19 likes this.
  13. Foley1888

Couldn’t agree more with this, if you had been a neutral watching today I think the take away would have been you were watching an average team win 2-0 against a poor side, who had chances in the game to do something but failed to take them.

In terms of a rebuild we badly need some pace and physicality back in the side. All our full back options are terrible, we need two with good pace and engines in them capable of being assets when attacking and solid enough defensively. What a downgrade we have on Lustig and Tierney just now. Another CB or two are badly required to replace Ajer and Simunovic/ Duffy.

We badly need a physical presence in the midfield someone who can carry the ball but do the dirty work too, cover the ground and partner Soro in our midfield to allow Turnbull to create. We sorely need a striker capable of playing with his back to goal and attacking the ball when it comes into the box, the amount of balls that got put in today that were crying out for a proper striker to get on the end of them or hit them first time.

We also need options in the wide attacking areas that are capable of scoring and creating. Forrest needs a deputy and our options on our left are horrible. That young boy they big up was decent going forward first half but gets caught out of position all the time, we just had no one to exploit it properly.

I wouldn’t be averse to anyone leaving if the money was right perhaps Turnbull being the exception and Welsh has done nothing wrong since coming in the second time, he should have had a penalty today and Helander should have gone for denying a clear goal scoring opportunity whilst making no attempt to play the ball.

We also need a proper GK capable of doing something more than the simple ordinary requirements and occasionally pulling off a high quality save now and then.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
    eire4, charlietully and McGrory1888 like this.
  14. Crilly Hakuhna matata

So you’re telling me there’s a chance.... :84:

Rydo1888* and johnboy19 like this.
  15. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    * he must be a one man team , if he was the only one to let us down

16. joemc

Yes yes yes I agree

17. StanP19

Fav Celtic Player:
    Stilian Petrov
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I’m only saying I’d rather griff took the pen than Eddie. Eddie was off it all game and I think griff would’ve scored the pen.

I actually know him personally and he’s been terrible for us this season but I think he buries the penalty

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  18. Mr Diggler

I can't even begin to convey how absolutely enraged I was at that complete shitshow today. What sums up the utter mismanagement of the club is that we sold £30 million worth of full back talent in the last two seasons and today we had 2 on loan full backs that we have no inkling of signing permanently. There are guys there playing for themselves or just not trying. Edouard looks like his next move is sorted and he doesn't want to get hurt. Christie's da is filling his head with * by all accounts and he doesn't look a team player. Ajer wants away. I can't understand why we continually play a diamond formation with two full backs that don't want to beat a man. How Brown still gets a game dumbfounds me. Elyonoussi is a left winger not a centre forward. We need to see really good recruitment in the summer. If it is Howe and Josh King and Steve Cook followed that would be a start at least. With the right recruitment, maybe 4 first team players to come straight in we could see a good improvement if we also have a team with a plan.

charlietully and StanP19 like this.
  19. ddub11

Keep Edouard?mate we are all entitled to our opinions but edouard is part of the reason we are where we are.He threw the towel in a long time ago and his attitude on the pitch has been rotten.

His peno today was a disgrace,he hit it low and near to the keeper,guess write and a keeper of any quality saves it no bother.The guys a joke and id have him gone tonight if i could.

To me he sums up everything that is wrong with us at the moment,a terrible attitude with no pride of passion for the jersey and i would hold him up and say this is what we do not want at our club.

Sydneysider and StanP19 like this.
  20. StanP19

Fav Celtic Player:
    Stilian Petrov
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I really liked edouard but my * his attitude and performances lately have been nothing short of disgraceful. Get yourself and your pal ntcham to * out of our club

celtneill and DonnyCelt like this.