1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by hkbhoy, May 15, 2007.

Discuss Scott Brown in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I’ve just looked up Rodgers’ words from the time.

"I think at this level you take it year on year," the Celtic manager told BBC Scotland.

"You can only adjudge and assess where's he's at now. He's at a really good level of fitness, but of course players get to this latter part of their career. And, obviously, if there are opportunities that come to them to allow them to maximise what they can earn out of the game then they have to look at it.

"That may be the case for Scott later on but at this moment in time he's very focused on his football at Celtic. He's enjoyed his last couple of seasons here winning but playing the game to a high level.

"We'll just concentrate on that and hopefully continue to lead this team."

"Scott is a fantastic player and I think I said yesterday the one thing Scott deserves is time," added Rodgers. "He's been a great servant and he'll be given time if there are other opportunities for him elsewhere to look at that.

"He's a player the club will want to keep. He's been brilliant for me during my two and a half years here."

2. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    aye look what he preceded it with, a big sales pitch for him to leave.... haha * them both.

3. joemc

Why go after an easy target who is 35 and been our captain for many glorious years wen there are many younger players who wer much worse , Brown has done his time and can go with his head held high .

cat123 likes this.
  4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Lennon managing us and Brown playing week in, week out are two of the biggest reasons we’re in this mess.

Both stayed a year or more too long.

5. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    I think Brown has been great for us over the years and it's a sad end to a fantastic career at Celtic. He will probably do well at Aberdeen used in a less demanding role.

It's a shame he didn't get to win something one last time and maybe get a farewell from the fans but we are just so * right now it was impossible.

The Phoenix and joemc like this.
  6. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Burst out laughing when I read this. There is so much more wrong with the club than Neil Lennon and Scott * Brown. Callum McGregor has been * this season, I take it his legs are gone too? Cheers for this post I needed a laugh. You are an absolute throbber, you really are. :56::56::56::56::56::56::56::56:

7. James Gold Member Gold Member

This sentimentality of playing him ever game has cost us he shouldn't play again this season get Soro in. He wont be here next season so what's the point

8. JamesM09

1. Because he’s the captain.
    2. Because he’s only in through blind sentiment, which has cost the club the 10 and progress in Europe. See the support Lennon got when this season was still salvageable.
    3. Because there’s a better replacement rotting on the bench. A guy trying to forge a career who couldn’t have done any better when he got his chance.
    4. Because playing Brown is the living embodiment of everything wrong with the club right now. i.e. jobs for the boys and sentimental childish pish.
    5. ‘Much worse’ is a stretch - Brown was * woeful today yet people give him pass marks because he’s Brown and wasn’t the worst.

‘Great Servant’ should not get you a starting place a single time at Celtic, never mind for a full * season.

9. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Yes, there he is!

You just can’t help yourself. Already been embarrassed in one thread today, and you want the same treatment in another thread.

Whatever turns you on, I guess.

HTG likes this.
  10. oh bhoy

Imagine still playing someone who on top of being done has also signed for somebody else a * shambles

11. joemc

So it must be scot brown picking the team ehh , cauz Lennon was slated for picking his pal , but he's gone and he is still getting picked and was getting another year ,maybe that says more about the other guys trying to get in , how come every manager has had him as first pick , they all must be blind .

12. Lewis Kerr

Too much power and influence in the dressing room.

His own ego combined with the pals act and the club's sentimentality is the reason for him lasting this long.

13. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Embarrassed on one thread? hahaha, I dont think there's a thread on here you havent been embarrassed on! You're the resident idiot.

'Its all Broonys fault!! If we hadnt played Scott Brown we would have won the League!!' keep them coming :56::56::56:

14. ApartPidgeon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Soro should play the remaining games

Sgt Neppers* and Callum McGregor like this.
  15. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Spot on. Unbelievable how much Lennon * it up for us this season. Brown starting constantly when he was playing so poorly was sheer stupidity.

The Phoenix likes this.
  16. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

You really do have zero-self awareness. It’s like an experiment gotten out of hand.

I would pity you.

But I don’t.

The Phoenix likes this.
  17. joemc

Thats not how it works really , all managers play there best players unless they want to be sacked , Kennedy was trying to win the gig ,why would he pick someone who he feels is not as good as players on the bench , it doesn't make sense .
    Its been said by many managers we have had , Brown is one of the fittest players at the club , im not having it he was * and the worst player today , far from it there were 7 or so much much worse and thats the problem.

18. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Christ you would blame this week's rain on Neil Lennon wouldn't you. Give it a rest. We get it, you don't like/rate Neil Lennon. This is a thread about Broony pal

19. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Hopefully he is on the bench for the remaining games , give him the last 30 minutes for our final home game as he has been a great servant to the club but his best days are well behind him .

20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    :giggle1: