1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Dedryck Boyata

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Boom Stick, May 31, 2015.

Discuss Dedryck Boyata in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

Tags:
  1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Only the rats..

2. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I mine when were claiming Duffy was an upgrade :giggle1:

The_Bhoy likes this.
  3. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Don’t talk about the Derry messiah in that way, the man is a legend

4. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    Read a piece last week from Dardai not happy with Boyata. Hertha asked Boyata and the Belgian FA to not be involved in last round of games because Boyata was recovering from an injury. He went and played 45mins, picked up an injury and is now out for the remaining games of the season.

I'm not overly surprised by what he's said in the podcast interview. I'm not bothered by it either.

5. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    He wanted a move refused contract and didn’t want to play incase he got injured ....Rodgers and congerton never prepared for that fact ... well they did 1 million on a project who’s wasn’t ready and a failed signing in commper so he refused to sell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    But decided to play in the next game because miraculously there was no longer a chance of injury? And on scoring the winner had the full team backing him up?

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Hertha Berlin’s Sporting CEO Fredi Bobic has provided an update on former Celtic defender Dedryck Boyata’s situation at the club as the 31 year old Belgium international defender looks to be out of favour amid what looks like an attitude issue.

Commenting on Hertha head-coach Sandro Schwarz’s decision to drop former captain Dedryck Boyata from the matchday squad against Union Berlin, Bobic confirmed that the club were now looking to sell the former Celtic player.

“We don’t have the feeling that he can help bring us forward at the moment,” Bobic said, as reported by bulinews.com. “We either sell or he trains so outstandingly that we can’t place anyone ahead of him.”

Boyata was stripped of his captaincy in favour of Marvin Plattenhardt two weeks ago and now risks being out in the cold unless he can get a move in the summer transfer window. That could have serious implications for his hopes of being on the plane heading to Qatar at the end of the year as part of Roberto Martinez’s World Cup Belgium squad.

Boyata won eight trophies at Celtic and was part of the Brendan Rodgers side that became Invincibles in 2017. However a year later he refused to play against AEK Athens in a Champions League qualifier in the Greece capital amid transfer speculation as Celtic rejected a significant offer of around £10m for the Belgian, amid ongoing tensions between Rodgers and the then Celtic CEO Peter Lawwell.

On the night Celtic drew the first leg of that ill-fated qualifier at Celtic, long-term Celtic target John McGinn signed for Aston Villa after waiting around since May for the deal between Hibs and Celtic to be concluded.

It’s clear that McGinn should have been signed and Boyata sold but the outcome was the Belgian defender came back into the Celtic side and played his part in a second consecutive Treble for Rodgers before leaving for nothing at the end of his contract that summer.

He joined Hertha Berlin and was made captain, establishing himself as a regular in that fine Belgium side managed by Martinez, and formerly assisted by former Celtic winger Shaun Maloney.

9. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    He is a bit of a *

10. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Interesting how many of our ex Rodgers/Lennon players that have attitude problems.

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

FORMER Celtic star Dedryck Boyata could be set for a move to La Liga giants Valencia after being told he can leave Hertha Berlin.

The 31-year-old Belgian international defender spent four years at the Hoopsand won eight major trophies including consecutive titles.

He moved to Hertha three years ago and skippered the club in the Bundesliga.

But he was stripped of the captaincy in the summer in favour of Marvin Plattenhardt and was told he can leave by manager Sandro Schwarz.

But he looks set to be handed the chance to resurrect his career in Spain at the Mestalla.

Boyata still has two years left of his deal at the Bundesliga club and Valencia want to take the experienced stopper on loan to their club

However, Hertha would prefer a permanent deal to sell Boyata and the clubs are negotiating a deal for the former Manchester City defender.

Hertha sports director Fredi Bobic stated last week: "At the moment, we don't feel Dedryck is bringing anything to the club. He is contributing nothing.

"And unless he has a huge change and suddenly convinces us in training, then his situation won't alter."

12. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

This * does no bad for himself:giggle1:

Definite attitude issues there, could have made an even better career for himself if he was always fully focused.

greengrocer likes this.
  13. PaddyJamieson

Horrendous, man. Get 'Nam flashbacks just reading his name. Good luck Valencia.

Doogs. likes this.
  14. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    * has some agent

Doogs. likes this.
  15. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

I was never his biggest fan but when he applied himself and played to his strengths he was decent for us at times. Just couldn’t take to him ever though.

Mr Shelby likes this.
  16. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

As a side note, I love how honest they are in Germany :giggle1:

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

At least he’s honest

Doogs. likes this.
  18. PaddyJamieson

He got better but he was the definition of a bombscare. Watching him, Jozo and Gordon pass the ball back and forth across the 18 yard box before Gordon inevitably booted it out of play took years off my life.

Doogs. likes this.
  19. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Gave me shivers reading that:giggle1:

PaddyJamieson likes this.
  20. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    He was good at certain things. Absolutely horrendous at others.

Rejecting £9m for him was hilarious.

Dan Breen, Rydo1888*, mayo and 4 others like this.