1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Patryk Klimala

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Henrik 07, Jan 14, 2020.

Discuss Patryk Klimala in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

We've wasted some amount of cash on pish strikers.

2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I don't blame him to be fair mate..

He's worked hard and hasn't ever had a sustained run..

I like him and his attitude but the truth is that we definitely could and should've found a better striker than him for the rumoured fee..

He does have some potential and think he'll have a decent career, but another who wasn't suited to our style of play in hindsight..

martin_d and packybhoy like this.
  3. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Aye, I don’t blame him at all, his style is so far away from suiting us it’s unbelievable. Very poor scouting.

The_Bhoy, Hammy89 and McChiellini.. like this.
  4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    100% mate..

Hope he does well wherever he goes. He has put loads in and hasn't really been given a lot back here in my opinion..

Main Polish under 21 striker who has scored a fair few and played well for them also. Deffo has something about him..

Needs to sharpen up on his link up play and being clinical infront of goal..

Liam Scales likes this.
  5. gazb1888

Stop there..

6. gazb1888

Pukki 2.0 :rofl:

McChiellini.. likes this.
  7. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Sharpness infront of goal definitely but his link ups quite good when he has space to play in. The difference between him against Lille was stark.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  8. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

You can never assume but you can make an educated judgement based on different variables and general scouting. The obvious variable with Toney would have been his outstanding goal record. Ajeti's record for his final season in Switzerland is similar, that's where the scouting comes in though. I knew nothing of ajeti or Toney prior to this season (am not a football scout) but it has become very obvious very quickly, ajeti is an outright goal scorer/poacher type, where Tony is a more physical and involved player. The other factor that was blindly obvious from the start is Ajeti looks as fit as griffiths, where as Tony looked strong and ready to go. The most relevant point of all this of course being suitability. I have no doubt in the right system ajeti could be a success but I don't see where he fits in with us at all, I certainly don't see him linking up with eduoard. Toney on the other hand could have been a target man to bring the ball down for eduoard, hold up play, score headers, bully defences etc, it just makes perfect sense. Their are just a few variable from a football fan, a scout should be far better qualified to make a better judgement.

Then we could compare klimala and Jordan Larsson. Neither have a great goalscoring record (by this point). Larsson is being scouted by some decent teams and klimala let's be honest just isn't. Larsson has 5 full caps for Sweden and klimala doesn't for Poland. Larsson was signed by Spartak for £4M and we sign klimala for £3M. Now again, am not a football scout but their are obvious variables that you can see even from a distance. I love the effort klimala puts in but unfortunately for him and us he is nowhere close to the standard we expect. For the sake of 1M difference, I'd say taking a punt on Larsson genes alone would have been a decent varible.

I think both klimala and ajeti are just shocking scouting recommendations on Hammond's behalf.

The_Bhoy and King of Kings like this.
  9. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Daily Record has him moving to NY Red Bulls..

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Misfiring Celtic striker Patryk Klimala is on the verge of joining NY Red Bulls.

The £3.5 million Polish frontman is close to securing his switch out of Scotland after the MLS outfit lodged a lucrative bid to the Hoops hierarchy for a permanent transfer.

Record Sport understands Celtic could even recoup the fee they paid out to Jagiellonia Bialystok 15 months ago with the hitman having three years still remaining on his current contract in Glasgow

The 22-year-old scored just three goals in 28 appearances after making the move to Parkhead.

With changes at the club coming in the summer including the likely arrival of a new manager, Klimala now has the opportunity to kickstart his career in the United States.

Subject to visa paperwork and medical tests, the attacker will leave on a deal which is believed to be highly satisfactory in a financial sense to Celtic and beneficial for the player.

NY Red Bulls last month also signed winger Cameron Harper from Celtic with the 19-year-old penning a three-year deal.

The Americans also have Andrew Gutman, who was briefly in the Parkhead ranks without ever playing a game, in their squad and now Klimala is set to add his name to their number

Neil Lennon was unable to give the Pole many chances at the end of last season with the chase on for Nine in a Row, but Klimala bulked up during the lockdown period and returned for the start of this term with high hopes of forcing his way into the plans regularly.

However, he was unable to nail down a regular place and featured mainly from the bench and the opportunity of a deal in the MLS has offered him the prospect of a fresh start and challenge.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
  11. DonnyCelt

* shambles. Thought he'd at least get a chance under a new manager.

12. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    I’m just glad we make our money back to be honest just doesn’t have that natural scoring ability work horse though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NomDePlum and Garrymac1888 like this.
  13. jambo_cfc

3 million that can go towards a goalscorer , not his fault he was never given a proper chance but good luck for the future , with players leaving and contracts being handed out makes me think theres a manager already working in the background

14. oh bhoy

who is making these decisions on contracts and transfers.klimala is nowhere near good enough

15. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Excellent news if we're getting our money back, or close to it. He was never going to make it here and usually they end up leaving for pennies after being farmed out on loan after loan.

16. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Brilliant if we make our money back on him.

Shocking how he was under utilised though.
    Absolutely no fault of his own.
    Guy put in a * tone of work and commitment to the club and himself, was rewarded with Lennon being a * of a manager.

No hard feelings to seeing him leave, at 22 he will just want to get his career properly going again. Shambles overall from our part of the deal, completely wasted him.
    Maybe he isn't going to be good enough, but we never gave him a fair chance at all!

NomDePlum likes this.
  17. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    He’s an incredibly average player, no where near the level we need. He hasn’t played a lot but he’s played enough to see he just doesn’t have it. Take the £3m odd and invest it in a player who’ll actually contribute next year.

martin_d and Sean Daleer like this.
  18. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Mate he’s pish. Not everything was Lennons fault.

Callum McGregor likes this.
  19. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    This is 100% accurate. Its yet another example of very poor scouting.

20. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Polish journalist reporting the fee as €6m, take it and run.