1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Eddie Howe - is he the new man?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Peej, Jan 21, 2021.

Discuss Eddie Howe - is he the new man? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    Surely it's a promising sign that they actively started talking about him on Celtic tv?

2. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    What was ssid on celtic tv

3. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    He's an * in comparison to Big Kendo.

4. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Never a truer word spoken.

5. dmccourt95

Palace pumped and Celtic win 6-0 today, be smart Eddie son

6. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    SOS to Steve Clarke

7. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    I'll start getting excited when Johnny Mac and the Faithful are on Celtic TV singing The Celts Are Back on Form with Eddie to the tune of I Wish I Was Back Home in Derry.

8. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Fk sake rogic stick up for you then the Steve Clarke, no where near Celtic class ,

Tommy25 likes this.
  9. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    C'mon mate, achieved miracles at West Brom, Killie & Scotland, would do the same with us in Europe and he'd have Gerrards number easily just as he did at Killie on a far smaller budget

10. Maestro 08

There's no doubt Clarke knows his stuff. His nature tho seems to be quite conservative which is at odds with how most people want us to play but as you say it would prob see us better off in Europe. In saying that he seems to have adopted a more attacking mindset recently with Scotland. I'm not fully against him but I know most fans would be apoplectic if we appointed him as he's not the exciting name they want so can't see it happening with the board desperate to shift season books. Clarke himself pouring cold water on it previously is also a turn off.

RogicHasMagicToes likes this.
  11. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    They have been * yet are still unbeaten in the league and had a good run in Europe! Aye ok then.

Look we are all hurting for * sake but to say they haven’t played well or been dominate this season is just * daft.

Aye we have been * but they have been consistent. Slippy has implemented a system that they work with and the club buy into and one of the most important things is they back him.

They will improve with recruiting in the summer and no * way it will be a canter for us next season if it was such a canter we would have won it this season.

Just to add if we had the season they are currently having we would be lapping it up and saying unbeaten in the league etc.

Artorias likes this.
  12. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Maybe they will push on more with their orc zombie horde back.

If Howe comes in I want him to be given time to get it right and set us up for years to come.

13. Maestro 08

They aren't very good true. But a not very good team being unbeaten after 33 league games can't just be dismissed. Even if we had a good season instead of this disaster we might still find ourselves 2nd, that's something people like to ignore. We can't get complacent again and just expect them to fall away, we need to take it in to our own hands and topple them.

Artorias likes this.
  14. honda Gold Member Gold Member

True, normally not very good teams don't go 33 league games without conceding a penalty or a red card or have a record high of "off side when onside" calls against opposition either. Along with suspicious appeal timings and dodgy goverment interventions. Strange season.

Ewang83, dmccourt95, Artorias and 4 others like this.
  15. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    I like Kennedy do I want him for manager no I think we need big name I do think if he went out on his own he would come back as manager at some point ......back to the point though I think if the board actually had the balls to sack Lennon back in October and just let Kennedy run till end of season it would have been salvaged

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Artorias and Tomas like this.
  16. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I know it could come accross as bitterness but I do honestly believe it. I wish they were good in a way so that it wasn't so frustrating and infuriating to watch us throw it away.

Lennon had to go this season and really from the start we weren't right. It looked like self sabotage the way they did nothing when a change was desperately needed.
    We got very unlucky in many ways at the same time they got very "lucky".
    -We lost Forrest for a large part of the season and never re-signed Forster when it seemed a done deal. The boli incident was massive and handed a huge physiological boost to them right away.
    They have had no pressure all season, when they have picked up a big set back injury they have been lucky that the system allowed them to have a replacement RB.
    Even the games they beat us it was more about us being *. Jan was really bad as they never got a shot on target but came away with the win.

Over about 6 weeks they had 3 retrospective red cards in games they struggled in and the red card incidents would all have been in the 1st 30 mins. They could have had a red against us in Jan game against us too but stamps are allowed on Frimpong and especially from Morelos. If you just count those three that the compliance officer actually applied. That could have easily been 9 points dropped.
    Then we shoot ourselves in the foot further with Dubai.
    I will concede some of their results in Europe have been impressive but their run of incredible luck there continued this season.

What has changed from last season that has made them good? Nothing, it is us who have absolutely imploded. The big contributing factor to their success has been us being absolutely staggeringly poor on and off the field.

It will be a canter next year and it will be sweet after the horror of this year.

17. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    They haven't faced anyone of note in 90% of their European games.

You could point out that they won games that we wouldn't have and that we lost games that they wouldn't have. But that's all pie in the sky with how * we have been.

Completely agree with your post in general but I'd also include the form of McGregor, who is easily player of the year in Scotland. If anything it shows what happens when you lose your keeper. Without him, they'd be *.

Tbh, I can't wait until he retires as they will never be able to replace him. Exactly like us with Forster.

Edit: just realised this is an Eddie Howe thread! Sorry! * sign the contract Howe, you *.

martin_d, Rydo1888*, Artorias and 2 others like this.
  18. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    A balanced and fair response for once on Clarke, refreshing

Maestro 08 likes this.
  19. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Last couple of years they’ve beat Porto, Galatasary, Braga, Feyenoord, drew twice with Benfica...

Our tendency to downplay them is one of many things that have been our downfall this season I think. They’re more than decent.

A team that is much better than the sum of it’s parts.

bhoy81, martin_d and King of Kings like this.
  20. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Would be good to actually hear something one way or another.

Sgt Neppers* and buchanbhoy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.