1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Chieftain

Fav Celtic Player:
    Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Macavennie is terrible on Open Goal podcast. Just constantly interrupts people

2. Celtic Bhoy 94

Howe would have been my number 1 choice but if we don't get him it shouldn't be as big a blow as it potentially will be as their are plenty of young managers out there in the mould of Howe that plays similar football and could probably offer more in terms of transfers as players in Europe are usually on less than in the England.
    However the biggest thing that worries me is how unprepared celtic seem to be if the Howe deal falls through and I don't believe celtic will look to other leagues to find a howe-like manager

seanm likes this.
  3. JamesM09

You misunderstood mate. The speculation was to do with announcement, not whether the appointment was being made full stop.

Just as an example, he might have already signed and they're waiting to announce it.

But the main point I was making was that type of cringey PR Celtic do should be stopped. We should be strictly business, no pomp and ceremony. Get coaches, players, managers, directors etc. in and announce them as soon as it's done. No fannying about trying to be clever, just professional and positive change - thats the 'PR' the Celtic support want to see.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
    leeso-ardoyne and seanm like this.
  4. joemc

Does anyone think howe would be so unprofessional as to as for a guy he is close to , to come in as dof without sounding him out first , ffs he knows the guy ,why eould he ask for him without picking up a phone to find out if he would come , thats even if he has asked for him , so much bull crap being fed to us .

seanm and ticketyboo0 like this.
  5. SuperZidane

I largely agree - if it is Howe, I'm happy for him not to start this season but no later than June. He will need to find a home, schools for his kids etc.

However, season tickets are an issue - they are the largest single component of the club's income and obviously that will determine transfer budgets etc.

If 90% are renewed in April/May - it gives the board a clear idea of the figures. The later it comes, the less time they will have to negotiate transfer fees/terms etc.

I agree that renewals will be fine if it is Howe. However, lets face facts, many fans (like myself) will not renew and/or spend money on the club until we know who the manager will be.

We can afford to wait until June for Howe to formally start - we can't wait until June for him to sign a contract.

If he's not prepared to sign in the next 2.5 weeks (when the season ticket renewals) come out - then IMO, he's not going to.

Like everyone else here, I don't know what is really happening but IMO, Celtic should still be monitoring other options and be ready to move if Howe doesn't sign by the 23rd.

Leone Naka Fan and seanm like this.
  6. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Surely we need new manager in right now, to see whos worth keeping/who needs punting. Get a plan in place for when transfer window opens. Why wait, especially with the quick turn around in the summer and straight into European qualifiers.
    And if Howe is not willing to come on board now, move on.
    Just typical of how shambolic we are.

Rydo1888*, johnboy19, seanm and 2 others like this.
  7. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Just seems to me Howe is waiting to see whats available in the EPL at seasons end.

8. john2061

The board need to say to Howe you have 48 hours to make your mind up we can't sit around for weeks and he goes somewhere else .
    The board can't seem to do the simple things and the DOF should have been appointed first before any coach comes in .

seanm and RiquelmeCSC like this.
  9. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    The problem is if you say you will only get a manager who will join now then you cut a lot of candidates out. Some won't want to take any responsibility for this year's * show, some will want to spend a month or 2 planning to move their family and others and others may want to finish the current season with their club.
    What the board did wrong was not appoint someone in November / December.

seanm likes this.
  10. seanm

Weve lost howe.move on .HH.board need to get fans onboard now or season renewals are *.surely they should know merchandising is at a standstill until this happens. Never forgive them for gifting the huns the league.HH

Tommy25 and johnboy19 like this.
  11. seanm

* him then move on we have no time.HH

12. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    If it's not Howe, I want the Slavia manager.

Tommy25 likes this.
  13. jambo_cfc

Was there not something that how wanted to take a year out ? Maybe a man of his word , also with the way things are id imagine it would be hard to uproot your family in these current circumstances!

14. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

I still think it'll happen, but as usual we get carried away and have no patience when it comes to any new signings.

The media will literally say anything to get clicks and Celtic news generates a * load of clicks.

All we know is Howe has spoken with DD, and he wants Hughes in in some capacity. Everything else is speculation. His agent has played down the stories from last week about a deal being close but nobody know the intention of putting that out there, no noise from Celtic or Howe directly about the talks so no news is probably good news...

(I hope) :fear:

15. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

McKay will be the one who will want to announce the new manager and present together, it's only right he will want to set the tone for his own tenure.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  16. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

JamesM09 likes this.
  17. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    I just can't help but think talks were going well but Lawell has did something to * it up

18. Tomas

If Howe signs a deal that starts on June 1st that's okay, if he wants to wait until June to decide, then we should say thanks but no thanks. Celtic cannot wait for him to make up his mind, we all need to know who will be in charge next season. As for him wanting to pick the DoF, I think its ludicrous. Imagine if all the top managers came as a package that included DoF, there would be no strategy and little or no accountability anywhere. The ball is in Celtic’s court, hopefully a decision is made soon.

19. celtic warrior

Said hello probably

20. Foley1888

Why would he come here? His team are strolling the league each season, doing well in Europe and have a better squad than ours.

That’s before you take into account all the stuff hanging over his team with the incident in the game versus them. There is as much chance, if not more of the fantasist names coming here than him.