1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Scenes when Marsch is announced and @TransferBhoy is proved right :giggle1:

2. JamesM09

I get what you're saying, but at the same time we're obviously a * riot even if you put this Howe stuff to one side.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  3. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I wouldn’t say riot. We won 9 in a row it’s not like we are at deaths door. It shouldn’t have happened but come on. Getting worked up and then despondent over nothing more than rag rumours is embarrassing.

littlekennie likes this.
  4. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Disappointing that it sounds like their will be no announcements anytime soon. Kennedy’s quote about the seasons books makes me think they’ll be nothing before then sounds as if he was getting us prepared for that. Can’t see why a manager would say something like that when we are meant to think that the board don’t make decisions/announcements because of renewals, even though we all know they do and they know it too.

5. TransferBhoy

Never said it wasn’t happening I said I had been quiet as I had been told we were still way off yet other sources claimed it was being done this week...

6. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Marsch was getting announced last week. I think.

I admire your indefatigably.

7. JamesM09

It's definitely been a riot mate. Under certain circumstances you can still achieve success while being run terribly in the background. For example, the Huns nearly got 4 in a row and got to a European final just before they died. I don't mean to say we're in financial trouble, only to say that everything we've seen suggests our CEO and board are grossly underqualified.

I agree we shouldn't get worked up over what the rags say, but we sit here in April without a manager.

Can we really have any reasonable faith in the team that appointed Lennon in the showers to get it right? (Not to mention our shambolic transfer record, statements and Dubai trips).

The board can settle everyone's hysteria really quickly by communicating effectively with the fans - but they don't and the reason for that is incompetence. They don't know what they're doing and they shouldn't be in charge of our club (Looking at you, Dermot).

The void is filled by the rags.

martin_d and Lewis Kerr like this.
  8. Lewis Kerr

Calm down yourself and read the post, I said IF this is the issue, and only commented on it after seeing this post:

I don't even know who the * "Johnjames" is, I'm replying to a post on a message board around manager speculation. Isn't that what we are all doing?

Be honest though, after the utter incompetence and negligence demonstrated by the club in the last few years (this season spectacularly) would you even be surprised? "Get a grip".. It's hardly unfathomable that we would force coaches on a new manager, just see our recent history ffs. No one's getting worked up here, I don't read or believe the newspapers (front or back).

9. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Howe will be announced the week beginning 19th April, if we were to lose to the huns in the cup the weekend before. It undermines Kennedy to announce Howe while we still have anything to play for, plus it would a PR disaster to announce Howe now, lose to the huns then ask for season tickets renewals.

Renewals will be out off the back of either us knocking the huns out the cup, or off the back of Howe being announced. It’s all about creating a positive vibe around that.

10. JamesM09

For the sake of speculation, if that's the way we're thinking then we're way off.

Undermining Kennedy should be any sort of issue. PR is not an issue either.

The biggest PR problem this club has is the board have been caught out as arrogant and incompetent. Not to mention the disgraceful way they treated the support this season. (I'm gutted that supporters have already forgotten this).

The best PR they can do is make a quality appointment as manager, get a football director in and start appointing scouts, coaches, backroom staff and a new plan for our youth system to get us to the European level. Fannying about worrying about a match against the huns should be the last thing they are thinking about.

If they make serious positive change renewals won't be a problem. I would suggest if they don't do that then regardless of any results the supporters should be boycotting until the board are removed.

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  11. GavCFC1

Feel like the way you word messages you come across as ITK? Is this a hunch or you been told?

12. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I don't think anyone knows anything. Let's be honest.

We go round in circles on this before any appointment, player or manager.

13. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Sure Peter lawell or anyone else on the board aren't even in the know.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

martin_d likes this.
  14. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    If things are as far away as reported Id say Howe didn't really realise the size of the club and support and the fanfare involved. He got an armchair ride from the media and fans at Bournemouth.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

15. davidhannah

16. seanbee01

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing
    Nobody knows jack * the media had Keane as good as appointed we all bought it, they did the same with Howe we all bought, people said oh he can’t sign it’s the Easter holidays the stock market is closed he’s house hunting, * after * nobody knows anything and it wouldn’t shock me if we end up with someone nobody is even thinking of.

17. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    John James is basically what Phil micg is but on smack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    So some outlets reported that Howe sources say the deal is not as near as reported .... we then get reports Celtic have contacted favre .... now new reports saying howe is going to happen .... sounds like cat and mouse with wankstain agents to be honest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

McGrory1888 and Officer Doofy like this.
  20. leeso-ardoyne

This isnt the reason why hes not signing! Behave yourself. Do you think Celtic would risk losing him all because of what you think they are holding off for.