1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

There could be many reasons and obstacles as to why there has been no announcement one way or the other. What if it was Howe to be new manager and he did want Hughes but Hughes doesn't want to come to us? Where does that leave us and Howe ? What if then we approached Harkin but he will only take it if he is involved selecting a new manager? Many scenarios, all we can do is be patient but I do agree, the longer we leave it the less time there is to sort things before the new season starts.

2. DonnyCelt

Supposedly been spotted house hunting in Glasgow by John Fratelli.

FrankMcCallum and littlekennie like this.
  3. JamesM09

Actually the rumour is Howe and McKay are hunting John Fratelli as a bonding session.

DonnyCelt likes this.
  4. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Id imagine Harkin has already been promised the gig, Hughes also wants the gig and Howe is lobbying for him. So now I'd say the board are trying appease Howe and not burn Harkin. But ultimately they will give Howe what he wants rather than risk losing him. like a lot on here if what's been reported is accurate it shouldn't be the coach appointing the dof, and if and when Howe moves on it would be naive to think Hughes possibly/probably wouldn't be moving on with him, not to mention Hughes indebted to howe for getting him the role in the first place

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

5. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I really don’t mind Howe wanting to have someone here he trusts and has been successful with in the past. I do agree, however, that he probably shouldn’t be picki my and choosing the DOF role and that should be done by Dominic McKay, Bankier and Desmond. What I will say is this, the worry about potentially losing them both when Eddie decides it’s time to go is a risk worth taking in my opinion. Seems obvious Rodgers wanted his pal above him and that’s what he got. The major point of all this is there will be no more Peter Lawwel sticking his nose in and telling a manager what he can and can’t have. McKay will give Hughes and Howe a budget, a wage budget and percentage of sales and they will work with the budgets given. I still think there is room for both Harkin and Hughes but it depends on the direction the club are taking. Both shouldn’t be out of reach and appeasing Howe, Hughes and Harkin shouldn’t be hard.

6. dmccourt95

I’d rather Harkin in as DOF to bring the team from City with him to instantly improve us in multiple departments and provide stability for the future as Hughes would probably leave with Howe. Saying that if we’d took that 10 mill that we got for Rodgers his staff and Congerton and put it back into replacing everyone that left with quality then I’m sure we wouldn’t be in the position we are now. So if it is Howe and Hughes what we really need is for McKay to not be a * like Lawell once they leave and actually replace them properly

7. Lewis Kerr

I'm honestly not sure how I feel about him bringing in his own guy from Bournemouth. It does concern me. I don't know anything about how good he is or his history, and it would leave us * again in a few years once Howe inevitably jumps ship with him.

I hate the "jobs for the bhoys" mentality that stinks up Celtic in recent times. But for some reason I was actually looking forward to Harkin coming in and possibly bringing people from City with him. Even though City's success is overwhelmingly funded by oil money, it is simplistic to say they are successful JUST because of that. Their coaching, scouting, transfers, facilities, infrastructure and generally how they go about things is top class.

Gyp Rosetti and Garrymac1888 like this.
  8. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    It is funded by oil but threats of uefa is forcing them to try make up their turnover in other ways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Tapping him up? :56:

10. Montero Gold Member Gold Member

Just wish we would hurry up and announce it. Clear as day Howe is our next manager, wouldn't have got this far otherwise.

The wait is starting to spilt the fans, we all need a major lift just now so we can all be excited about the future together.

11. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

The argument about Kennedy staying on for continuity is bizarre in my opinion.

What exactly is it that people want to continue?

Clean slate.

12. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

His representatives have said he’s not close to joining.

Here we go.

Artorias and The Phoenix like this.
  13. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Aye I saw that

Something stinks

14. GavCFC1

Where’s that from? * sake :56:

15. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Sky sports

16. DonnyCelt

Here we go. Ffs Keane or Kennedy incoming.

17. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

JK’s here for 10GIAR

:ynwacelti

18. DonnyCelt

You can guarantee we will NOT be getting Eddie Howe now then.

19. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

well that's * news..:ranting2:

The Phoenix likes this.
  20. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Didn’t want him anyway n that

NomDePlum, MagicBallBhoy and joemc like this.