1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Olivier Ntcham

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Norm Peterson, Jul 12, 2017.

Discuss Olivier Ntcham in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JamesM09

Most likely that’s what Lennon meant, that’s what I assumed.

The problem for Lennon though is that’s not mitigating circumstances, it’s a bog standard management problem that he is there to solve.

Ntcham was an easy one for me. The guy has talent but clearly never settled at Celtic (or pro football in general IMO).

The coaches should’ve given him a chance but also drawn an aggressive line in the sand for him. If we don’t see a performance in the next game or two then look for another club. The fact he was still getting game time after 5-10 abysmal appearances was just shocking management.

The plan seemed to be, ‘Throw him on and hope he starts performing’. Meanwhile guys like Soro were getting pelters for * all.

Just all round * management.

Edit: I should add that I have a sneaking suspicion that Lawwell was pressuring Lennon to give certain players game time to shop window them, but even then that’s Lennon’s fault for not telling him to get to *.

Blochairnbhoy and The Dude like this.
  2. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

I get what your saying but whilst we all knew ntcham was a huffy * I don't think any of us expected him just to chuck it the way he did. Lennon would have been no different in that respect. At the start of the season we thought we had a very good cm in ntcham. As.you say, a few appearances in and he doesn't look at all arsed. All players can lose form and we all assumed that was the case. Completely let us down.

3. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Lemon is hun patter. Not saying you are a hun just that it’s hun patter.

4. murphy88

What I would say though, and it happened with the likes of Klimala and Ajeti, is that throwing on a sub every now and then for the last 15 minutes isn't enough for the player to find form. Lennon done that plenty times this season because he stuck with Brown, Christie, McGregor even though they have all been poor. Ntcham is just another example of a player who has massively deteriorated under Lennon, like every single player in our team compared to when Rodgers was here. His attitude may well be honking, but his downturn in form is no different to pretty much our whole squad this season.

5. JamesM09

Yeah I agree. I just mean to say that Ntcham chucking it shouldn’t have had any real impact on us. That’s a situation the manager should expect to deal with pretty much all the time. Man Utd, Arsenal.. even Barcelona and Real Madrid have players throwing huffs and downing tools for one reason or another. It’s just part of the job to deal with it. It’s why we have a manager.

Players downing tools is like the weather and Lennon is the guy responsible for bringing the umbrella. Instead Lennon let’s us all get soaked, says it’s mitigating circumstances and blames the sky for raining.

martin_d likes this.
  6. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    How the * are we going to offload this *? Cannot see anyone taking him on a free.

7. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Nah we’ll easy sell him just not for the fee we want. He isn’t *, and clubs will know that from looking at his big games and take a chance

Hammy89 likes this.
  8. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    If we can get anything near to the reported 4.4 million we paid for him that would be a result.

9. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
  10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Olivier Ntcham has firmly set his sights on the Celtic exit door regardless of what happens at Marseille, Football Insiderunderstands.

The 25-year-old join the French big hitters in January on a loan-to-buy deal that led to Andre Villas-Boas quitting as manager.

A Celtic source has now told Football Insider that Ntcham has made it clear he wants a permanent departure in the summer.

The prospect of him remaining at Marseille has receded over the last two months during a troubled loan.

There is an option for the Ligue 1 club to buy him at the end of the season for a fee of £4.5million.

But that appears unlikely as he has made just three starts among five appearances for Marseille since his January arrival.

In each of those three starts, the midfielder has been substituted at half-time in matches his team went on to lose.

Ntcham enters the final year of his contract in the summer and Celtic are now fighting to make a profit on a player signed from Manchester City in July 2017 for £4.5million.

The Glasgow giants had been willing for him to leave following the rise of David Turnbull and Ismaila Soro.

This site revealed on 20 January that the Glasgow giants had slashed their asking price for the midfielder to just £7million.

It now appears they will struggle to command much more than half of that price tag.

Marseille won the race for the midfielder, who has made 147 career appearances for Celtic, ahead of Newcastle United.

11. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    I have no’s issues with him coming back and starting a fresh under Howe.

The reason I say that is, I can’t see any club coming in for him in the summer, plus he is not going to sign a new deal.

may as well use him as a squad player or if he is a really bad troublemaker then take a massive loss from the get go.

12. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Hes no made 147 appearances for us:56: no * chance, surely no?

13. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Aw is it just career all in?

14. TheHappyLoss

15. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Might have been on the pitch 147 times but disappeared as opposed to appeared in most of them.

Doogs. likes this.
  16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Bye..

17. CheGuevara

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    It was an autocorrect

18. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    No club is coming in for him. Next summer he will be playing in lower ends of ligue 1 at best but I think he will be in the Juliper league.

19. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Yeah he told me that 2 days ago.

Thanks though mate

20. Ak1

For me, Ntcham mentally checked out after Moussa departed.

It’s no exaggeration to say he’s delusional about his abilities, as he’s never permanently dislodged Brown, Calmac or a combination of Armstrong, Rogic or Christie. But in his own head, he believes the top table is his stage alongside Moussa, KT and VVD.

This attitude should have been spotted, with him punted when Porto were sniffing about.

For now, he needs telling he’s not welcome back. Last thing any new manager needs is a bad apple trying to undermine things.

James Mc, The_Bhoy and The Dude like this.