1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Sun are claiming hes agreed in principle. He gets to pick his backroom staff and a sizeable war chest.

martin_d and seanm like this.
  2. MagnificentSeven Charly Musonda CSC

Told yees a few pages back it’s done...:fear:

He’s 100% our new manager.

Pablo87, Avatar Daizen and DonnyCelt like this.
  3. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    My only slight concern is that he uses us as a stepping stone, first big team that comes sniffing and all that. Apart from that in over the moon if it is Howe.

seanm likes this.
  4. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Don’t think he was short of offers when at Bournemouth I think if we can get under is skin and in his dna then he might stay wee while longer track record shows if he does well with teams he tends to stay on ..... Brendan Rodgers we should have seen that one coming after what he did to Watford

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noskeil likes this.
  5. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    If we want a manager with a decent pedigree then that is howe it will be

martin_d, seanm and Noskeil like this.
  6. shieldsybhoy

Kris Boyd is absolutely furious and just lying to himself to make himself feel better in his article in the Hun thats just come out. Sorry big man, times up :36:

oh bhoy and seanm like this.
  7. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

A young successful manager, the best I believe we can hope for is 3 or 4 years tops.

I'm cool with that.

seanm and Noskeil like this.
  8. Gurru 991

Celtic unfortunately will remain a stepping stone for managers & players due to the weakness of the League. There is no TV money of any size & no real competition outside of Celtic/Rangers. I am surprised that Howe is going to Celtic when the Crystal Palace job is coming due.

seanm, Dan Breen and Noskeil like this.
  9. StevieBhoooy!

I think that is guaranteed... we are a better stepping stone to a top half epl side than a risky bottom half epl side are... BR has exploited that already.

I’m not fussed if he only stays a year.... just as long as we are straight back on track and leave Sevco in our wake in their bogus anniversary year.....

(and if Rafa B is lined up to follow him)

seanm and Noskeil like this.
  10. StainseyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Andy Hinkel !!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    He'll only leave for a better job of he's successful, as long as we properly plan for the future, it's mutually beneficial.

Also he has a history as an incredibly loyal man, if he comes it's because he's bought into the project and wants to revolutionise the club and leave an impact. He won't go crawling as soon as an English job comes about

11. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    So Pete grant will be getting the boot? :(

12. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Did you lot see how Carlton Cole spoke about Eddie Howe to us? I was living it! Great lad our Carlton!

13. davidhannah

Howe's been a manager since 2008 reading his Wikipedia page. Multiple promotions, 5 years in the Premier League. And was named Football League's manager of the decade!

Well Howe de do de! I didn't know any of this but he sounds like he has an impressive CV!

There's a new Sherriff in town!

seanm likes this.
  14. SuperZidane

Absolutely - that's a realistic view as long as we are playing in the SPFL and the TV deal is the same. Given the general disdain that the English media has for Scottish football - I think Eddie would need to be very successful for at least 2 seasons to be touted for an Everton/Arsenal/Spurs type job.

I also think he's a genuine guy who, if he takes this job, will give it his all in terms of building a structure for the club going forward even after he moves on (as long as we don't hire another Lennon).

I'm sure he doesn't see himself being here in 5 -10 years but nor do I think he'll be off the first chance he gets.

Obviously it's in everyone's interests for him to be a big success here- if he gives us his all and we turn this club around and he gets a big EPL offer in 3 years - good luck to him.

I never thought we would get him - I'll be so happy if this gets over the line but only if he gets the backing and support he needs from Desmond and McKay.

seanm and Garrymac1888 like this.
  15. MusselburghBhoy Gimme danger, little stranger

Fav Celtic Player:
    Momo Sylla
    At this point: So *, to be quite honest. Always going to happen and we sorely need an injection of modernity, professionalism, and drive.

martin_d, seanm, TheHappyLoss and 2 others like this.
  16. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Thats a given, something we just have to live with. BR done it.
    We will wish him all the best, as long as he does it properly. Am sure he would have had a few tempting offers when Bournemouth were doing well but he stuck with them.
    Anyway, guy is just about to come in the door, so we should put his departure on the back burner for now.
    Onwards and upwards, am sure we, the Celtic family, will get 100% behind him, dawn of a new era,
    HH.

seanm likes this.
  17. totti-88

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,let the people sing
    Lennon was given the pernament job the summer before Howe left we wouldn't have had a interim manager for a season and a half

Doogs. likes this.
  18. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    I don't know why everyone is getting excited...

The huns have just informed me that he got Bournemouth, a team that was in League One when he took over, relegated from the Premier League despite having one of the lowest budgets in that league for the five seasons that they were there. When he took over Bournemouth, they were in the relegation zone with a deficit of 17 points and he turned it around, despite a transfer embargo. He won the English Championship, which is probably one of the most competitive leagues in the world and is an absolute nightmare to get promotion from. Also, the highest position he ever got Bournemouth, who hadn't been in the English top flight before, is 9th (losing out to 8th place on goal difference).

Aye, but apart from all that, he got Bournemouth relegated.

Sentinel, seanm, Tommy25 and 3 others like this.
  19. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Here we go! 4 more trebles in a row!!!

martin_d, Crilly, seanm and 1 other person like this.
  20. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Even Defoe has gone to the media to bad mouth Howe. Honestly, I think they are scared.they were hoping Kennedy would take charge and be given no money.
    I don't think Howe would come unless he was guaranteed a certain budget to rebuild this summer. I also wouldn't be surprised if he called a couple of players personally and asked if they fancied it and told the board he wants them.