1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

One year on... how has it affected you ?

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by StevieBhoooy!, Mar 23, 2021.

Discuss One year on... how has it affected you ? in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Well to start

Lost my Mum
    Lockdown cost me a new job
    No benefits due to doctor who i have never met face to face refusing to give me a fit note.

Only positive for me and family is, for 1st time, i'm going to be a grandfather to a wonderful granddaughter due in end july beginning august.

2. TheHappyLoss

Obviously it has affected me but not one for going into my private life online. Think in a broader sense the end can’t come quick enough. Don’t think the way we have been living is good for us in so many aspects. Think it’s becoming like too much of this is how life is, people settling into it. Hopefully that changes soon and we start living and not existing.

The Prof, StevieBhoooy! and honda like this.
  3. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    Negative : Split with girlfriend
    Negative: Tinder
    Positive: Had time to do a ton of DIY
    Positive: Sister and her bf having their first kid (first time uncle)

4. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

Pretty negative in all honesty

My nana passed away non covid related
    Lost my job
    Had holiday cancelled
    Been stuck inside pretty much since October
    My grandad then being in hospital for 7 weeks and nearly dying

So aye pretty *

5. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Positive
    Working 2 to 4 days a week from home has enabled a much better work life balance for me.
    I'm much fitter, although still a fat git (about 14kg lighter).
    Didn't have to see in laws at Christmas.
    Negative
    I'm * bored. I love my son and I love my missus but a) I want to do things with them that isn't going to the park. B) watch football with my pals.
    It's starting to take a toll on my girlfriend's mental health. I say starting, I mean has done for a while.

6. seamus1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    This land is your land.
    Positive...

Seeing people work together for a common good.
    My neighbours have made some cracking outdoor bars.

Negative..

Football.
    Diagnosed with COPD
    Been layed up bowel problems for 50wks now. Only just got app to see consultant.
    Missing family.
    Lost a couple of mates from my local.
    Missing my local.
    Paranoia is getting worse, especially regarding politicians, media and Armageddon.

7. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    It's been frustrating but I've had it very easy and have had a lot of good news to celebrate this past year, so I can't really complain.

8. Onefootwonder

I can't see any positives for me. Should it be considered a positive that I've still got a job?

I've not been able to visit friends and family much during this year. It has ended up months between visits with restrictions for travel.

Every part of my life has been affected negatively and I'm sure I'm far from the worst.

9. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    My knees are giving me * , they have been X-Rayed the doc has got the results , she told me to take

8 paracetamols a day to relieve the pain . Doctors dont want to see anyone.

On the other side a friends dog had been ill for a few days, they phoned the vet (PDSA) the vet told her bring the dog down in 2 hours. The dog was seen and got 3 jags .
    I am changing to the vets.

Drakhan likes this.
  10. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

Buckfast on the Moon.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    Gyp Rosetti and honda like this.
  11. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I've saved a few quid not going tae the pub. :42:

12. leeso-ardoyne

My life hasn't changed all that much like some others I've heard off. I suppose living in the countryside and not living in fear has it's part to play in it.

Negatives!

I do believe covid had a massive part in our football collapse and with that, I've had some depressing moments during this season. I remember a decade ago when we started off on our league run, I had a string feeling we'd do the 10 or come close to it. Not winning it this year was devastating!

Not getting over to Glasgow this year since last March was definitely a negative! Enjoy as my trips away for it.

Out of all the mates I grew up with, were now one down. Friend of mine who was the same age as me passed away. Went to school with him plus knocked About with him for years after but to much partying sadly ended his life!

Not getting out for a few well needed pints every now and again has been a negative aswell.

I don't know is this a negative or not because I * hate the place but not getting up to Belfast to see family and friends maybe once or twice a year. Haven't been up in well over a year now.

Positives.

Got to spend more time with the kids even if it was only taking them out for walks, runs or cycles more around where I live or more time out kicking the football out my back with the sons.

Managed to get a few things done in my house that I was putting off for awhile because with being so busy but with covid, I could use that as an excuse not to turn up to my busy schedule. I got paid for my time during this which was a bonus. Covid payment was great haha.

I suppose this is also a Positive, was not getting up to Belfast for one full year. If I didn't have family there, I don't think I'd be to quick in heading north! Even though I'm very busy with work,I like my life on the west coast of Ireland. City life just isn't for me anymore. It's * bonkers, especially places like Ardoyne where I'm from!

Managed to have a good few blow outs to let of abit of steam and could blame covid for not turning up to jobs. Any other year I always feel guilty and don't party to hard because at the back of my head I'm always thinking bollox, I've to go to work on Monday or Tuesday. Not now, I weigh in about Thursday or Friday after a good session if I want to and blame covid and if I want.

Savings have gone up even though I've spent more this year than last which is also a bonus!

Surpringly I'm booked out untill next spring for jobs. I was expecting the building game to collapse like it did in 2008 but strangely it's ticking along nicely while the economy is *. With that said, once this covid gets wound down from the elite, I do suspect it to start slowing down. It's enviable with the job losses and borrowing the government is doing. This has to be paid back with higher taxes and with that and job losses, the building game will slow down and maybe to a halt when there's no money about. To be honest, I don't really give a * how it turns out. This time when if it all comes tumbling down again, I won't be as stressed as I was during the last collapse! My head was * the last time not knowing how long it was going to last for with being young and it was my first big recession! If it does happen, I've enough savings to do me a few years so no real worries there plus I'll get to enjoy the time off to do the things I've always wanted to do which I can't seem to fit in now as much as I want too. I'll sit back and bide my time untill the next building feast! Only time will tell though because I know one thing, if there's any sort of work about, I'm a hungry * so ill probably be still busting my balls out. Interesting times ahead though with all these new bullshit measures coming with covid restrictions. The good old days off cash is king will be gone after they'll be doing away with cash after blaming cash as the new spreader of the new mutated strain haha.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
  13. Forestbhoy66 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Things which were always put off till “ later “ are done now. Later might not come for me or them.

14. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony

15. leeso-ardoyne

Like everything, enough bullshit will baffle the brains of the majority and the masses will be afraid to even touch it.

16. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Pro: The biggest benefit of the pandemic is I've evolved into a "free-thinker"

This has allowed me to read all sources of information and make reasoned judgements on data that would normally take the average human, 5+ years of further education at University and many more on-the-job experiences in the STEM field.

Con: After my transcenscion to 'Free Thinker v1.01' I was diagnosed with Truther Tourettes, that means I now involuntarily shout "Sheep *" at those wearing masks or maintaining a 2m distance from each other.

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Positive

Lucky still be working apart from first lockdown.

Saving a bit more money due to no pub Fridays

Negative

Being off work for 13 weeks

No seeing much of family

no pub after work on Friday

Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
  18. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Thats a good point. I finally got round to rebuilding a wobbly, rotted gate this last week that iv ignored for going on 2 years.

Negative - can't celebrate with a pint at the pub so will probably go paint the shed... another job iv put off for a couple years.

Forestbhoy66 likes this.
  19. celtic warrior

Largely been positive for me.

Was in a declining state mentally pre covid and as I was off sick, got furloughed originally for 6 months which was a a blessing.

Stayed at home, built a stronger relationship with the missus and bonded even further with my little one.

Ended up back in work around mid September, felt rejuvenated and now got a promotion off the back of my renewed hard work.

Entirely in the minority for that though

Johniebhoy. likes this.
  20. Mr. Slippyfist

Definitely positive for me.

I was diagnosed with AIDS.

ThatBhoyLarsson likes this.