1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    One of the random hopes my mind keeps clutching to.

Which seems * odd, because for the most part it has looked likely to be a cheap option in Maresca anyway and we all seem on board with that - along with the full restructuring.
    Why waste and * around with * like Keane - all it is doing is highlighting we are actually still able to consider this calibre of nonsense, not good.

Crilly likes this.
  2. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    100% this is the way it should be.
    At one end of the (realistic) scale we should be chasing Marsch and others in a similar level to him. And the fall backs should be down to Maresca. That is it.
    All potential candidates should fall in between the two and be of a similar substance, style, ability, mindset...all that stuff. Ie (for me) Marco Silva, van Bommel, etc.

Anything else is simply not good enough (aside from the unrealistic dream moments of Poch, Jose, Rafa and the sort that are clearly out of our reach)

Tommy25, The Phoenix and Hammy89 like this.
  3. DonnyCelt

:56:

4. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
  5. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
  6. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    It’s gonna be Keane.

7. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I shat myself a bit when I saw the headline but that pretty much disproves the Football insider article that stated he was "set to take over" as Mcgowan mentions Nicky * isn't coming here, which they stated he was.

It's still really worrying we've interviewed him at all, but I can't put too much past this board.

8. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Atleast once we've finished with the Keane experiment we finally don't need to have him linked constantly.

9. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Marsch with Maresca as assistant certainly does get the blood pumping as a poster suggested within the last few pages

10. MrSpeaker89

@TransferBhoy with Stephen McGowan (Peter Lawwell's newspaper lackie) backing up Sport Bild's report that Jesse Marsch has asked not to be considered, how would that work with your claim we've opened contract talks with him?

Sgt Neppers* and Bobo_ like this.
  11. Sgt Neppers*

Get Dermot Desmond to *!!!

If with all the time, resources, recruitment agencies and past failures make you produce Roy Keane as the vision and future, then you need chased. Absolutely lazy arsed cronyism whilst all his puppets around applaud and nod in unison.

Why would Dominic Mckay accept this??!! It's tarnishing his plans and reputation from the get go. I'm gonna cling to the small chance its not Keane, but each passing day and linked article that fils me with more fear and dread than ever.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
    theweeman and john2061 like this.
  12. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I've waved off so many rumours as not believable and I don't really think Keane will be manager but I can't brush it off as the possibility just gives me fear.

13. Heb Celt

Wish these Keane rumours would * off,no way they can appoint someone who hasn’t managed in 10 years and failed when he did.

Tommy25, seanm and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  14. seanm

Any one but * keane.*.i love celtic *.then why didnt you want to play for us in your prime rather than at the end to top up your pension. If we get him i will be hoping we get shafted every week till the * goes.HH

AdamRS likes this.
  15. seanm

Exactly pal.HH

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

[​IMG]

Roy Keane has held discussions with Celtic over succeeding Neil Lennon as manager.

And Sportsmail understands the Manchester United legend is one of a list of candidates the Parkhead club have already spoken to.

Red Bull Salzburg's American coach Jesse Marsch admitted he was 'honoured' to emerge as a target before opting to stay put in Germany, while Manchester City -23 coach Enzo Maresca and ex-Sheffield United boss Chris Wilder are also interested. Scotland boss Steve Clarke has also been heavily linked with the role.

In a statement earlier this week largest shareholder Dermot Desmond vowed to take time to appoint the right man, insisting the process of 'research, investigation, interviewing and negotiation' is underway.

A Celtic player during the 2005-06 season, Keane has held discussions with senior figures leading the search.

His last frontline role in management was at Ipswich Town a decade ago - the 49-year-old has since worked as assistant manager to Martin O'Neill with the Republic of Ireland, Aston Villa and Nottingham Forest.

Publicly backed by former Hoops boss O'Neill, the outspoken Sky Sports pundit has moved to odds-on favourite for the post with bookmakers.

Rumours intensified after former team-mate Nicky * quit Manchester United to pursue other opportunities.

It's now understood *'s decision to leave Old Trafford was influenced by the elevation of colleague John Murtough - with whom he shared an uneasy relationship - to the role of football director, rather than any imminent move to Glasgow.

Marsch, 47, was high on Celtic's list of potential managers and declared himself 'honoured' to be linked with the post. The American is now expected to remain in German football.

Keane's former team-mate Keith Gillespie believes the Old Trafford legend would galvanise the Parkhead club after Steven Gerrard's title success at Rangers.

'They need somebody who is a name and I think it would be very interesting.

'If he does (join Celtic), you've got that rivalry of Gerrard and Keane, which adds a little bit more spice to it. But they're so far behind Rangers this season that they need something to change. I think players will obviously respect him, they'll listen to him as a pundit. And so they'll know that he doesn't pull any punches.

'You'd like to think that the players would react and he's worked under Brian Clough, he's worked under Alex Ferguson. Two great managers.

'So you'd like to think that some of what he's learned off them will rub off.'

17. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Were there not similarly strong rumours that Owen Coyle was close to joining just before Rodgers and Deila were announced managers? Think folk like getting a kick out of promoting the devastating choice.

Anyway, get the L’Oreal Gazzelle on the phone line pls

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  18. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    I'm hoping that Keanes the one that's approached us and we have talked to him out of courtesy. But he doesn't he deserve that because he turned us down before. I'm pretty sure he leaked the story to the Sun as well. I really hope the board dont appoint him.

19. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Can't believe this is actually a possibility.

Hes no better than Lennon. So uninspiring. It would seriously finish me with Celtic atm.

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  20. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Hopefully the rags are just taken the betting odds and running a story, we’ve already had benitez and howe as clear favourites recently.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021