1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. DonnyCelt

He's been out of management for 10 years and wasn't a success in the two jobs he's had. I can say comfortably, it will end in tears.

2. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Will be in the exact same situation in December as we where last year. They can shove their season ticket up their hole

Tommy25, SwissCelt and DonnyCelt like this.
  3. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    The only hope I have if Keane gets the job is, that the fans will get so * of by Desmond's choice that we will get rid of him in 1-2 years. Another Lennon disaster and the pitchforks. We all know Lennon just got the job because Desmond rates him. If he brings in another failure against all advise from fans with actual football knowledge, he'll have a hard time.

4. DonnyCelt

Desmonds criteria for manager:

Irish - check

Mate - check

The_Bhoy, SwissCelt and john2061 like this.
  5. Wullywanbaw

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Zombie nation
    Heard through the grapevine, that the next manager will be a human, they will be male, they have played pro and born in Europe. They have also been on the tele doing pundit work in the past and use social media. Hope this helps.

6. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    OUCH :56:

7. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    If it is Keane, I'd imagine the only hold up is him agreeing to have some coaching structure under him in the same way Gerrard has one at Sevco.

By all accounts, it is Michael Beale who is the brains behind the operation, Gerrard is just the figurehead in the dressing room who commands respect and who 'oversees' it all.

Perhaps that is the change in structure being envisaged, rather than a properly qualified DOF overseeing the whole project. It would certainly be in line with the chronic lack of ambition that seems to be pervasive throughout the club.

I appreciate that unlike Lennon, Keane would be professional and demand high standards, but I just have a bad feeling about the whole thing.

8. oldpat

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Stephen Kenny it is then!

9. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    he has one fukin mean temper,, IF and i say IF , there better be a very calming second in charge.

Keane is the sort of person who would nut the ref if he thought the ref was wrong

10. oldpat

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    * going to join Rooney at Derby

11. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Its not gonna be Roy Keane, relax.

12. oh bhoy

he hasnt really been out of the game for 10 years though and the fact he showed a bit of humility by taking an assistant role would lead me to believe that he has the desire to improve .he managed to get sunderland promoted from the championship and they are a basketcase ,i would consider that a success he would probably have to perform miracles at thoes two clubs to improve their standings.i definitly think there are better options and i dont think he'd be a complete disaster either .

13. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    So much for a more progressive manager

Ach well just settle for Keane I suppose

14. JamesM09

I doubt it would be Roy Keane, but if it was I wouldn’t back him.

I think backing someone because they’re the Celtic manager and “that’s what we do” is lazy.

Whatever you think of Roy Keane, he would be getting the job because he’s Irish and has a connection to our billionaire dictator. That is simply wrong.

Whether it worked out or not in the short term, in the long term the damage would be catastrophic. It’s the wrong way to run the club.

I can’t believe supporters are already forgetting how we were treated this season. It baffles me that there are so many not looking at the bigger picture of where we are as a club vs. the rest of Europe.

We’ve all enjoyed the last 9 years but we have grossly underachieved and continue to sink in Europe. Now we are happy with the occasional good group stage.. in the Europa League.

Desmond doesn’t even pay the * bills, we do, but people are still happy for him to pick the manager and will accept it if it’s Roy Keane.

Can we end the ‘Celtic Men’ birthday caird childish pish and just do what every other successful European club is doing?

15. The Dude

Well said.

Tommy25 and JamesM09 like this.
  16. oh bhoy

we are gonna have to settle somewhere ,no matter who gets the job ill hazard a guess it wont meet everyones expectations

17. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
  18. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Excellent post

19. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    No we shouldn't be just settling for anyone as JamesM09 said the board have treated us fans like * this season. Its us that's paying for the * manager

Tommy25 and JamesM09 like this.
  20. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Are you saying you're going to turn your back on the club if they appoint a manager you dont want? For the record I dont want Keane either.