1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by hkbhoy, May 15, 2007.

Discuss Scott Brown in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Sad to see him go but it’s the right time. Probably should’ve been sooner in all honesty.

Been at Celtic for half my life so be weird seeing a Celtic team without him again.

An absolute legend who’ll go down as our second greatest captain.

Iconic. Invincible. Irreplaceable.

2. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

End of an era if this is Broony's time at the club up. He deserves a proper send-off from the fans.

Captain. Leader. Legend.

3. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Never thought I’d see this day coming:54:

4. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I reckon the backlash on the interviews he and Lawwell done in regards mentioning getting a contract sorted may have been taken note of.
    That or, like Harkin being 90% done, they all know it is Maresca and he may actually have spoken with the likes of Brown to inform him the chances of a renewed deal under their watch was slim.

Either way, or any other reason, it is the right time to leave now.
    He rightly stayed on to captain us to a hopeful 10, but the season has been a disaster now and staying any longer that the age of 35/36 is just looking like hanging around for a pay day, rather than thinking about his own career future or the best for the club - whcih seems like he is doing it for both those good reasons.

I won't and can't fault him for giving his all and wanting to captain us this season. Absolutely a club legend. But the time really is now to move on.

5. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    Absolute leader of a man! I worry McGregors too quiet. He'll come in to his own though I rekon, we cant be expectung another Broony

Sydneysider and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  6. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman
    I always thought he'd have scored more for us. He never hit his goal scoring heights of his Hibs days. In fact before he came to us he was branded as the best young box to box player in Britain and his scoring return was brilliant. He didnt take off the same way for us. But through his Celtic career he has went on to be one of our great captains in a league of their own as servants to the club...great captains like McNeil, McGrain, Aitken, McStay and now also Broony Id say in the same sentence as these greats

7. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    As team captain he has presided over our 2nd 9IAR and an historical quadruple treble, that is insane domestic success the likes of which we may never see again.

He's defo right up there with our greatest ever captains, maybe even 2nd only to Cesar ?

That type of character and the strength of his leadership, his impact on other players, players of that nature don't come around too often.

8. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Numbers wise in terms of honors he would be, but as a player, I'd have many previous Celtic captains in the team before him, such as Lambert, Lennon, Dalgliesh, McStay, McGrain to name a few

9. KEANO1

I’m sure there has been plenty of their sort over the years that have done a turn for us.... none more so than the proclaimed man in question Brown wasn’t he paraded as a raging hun when he signed?

Surely we are a big enough club to put that to the side and take advantage of a talent. Things are worse than we thought if that’s the club’s mentality.

10. KEANO1

Is he pish or is that just because he’s playing in a poor Aberdeen side and a rangers fan? I agree soro should have more game time, who’s the man behind soro if he was injured.

Soro has potential but where has he been the last 2 months ? Taken almost 3 different managers to take the team before he’s had a run of games.

As I say I’d much rather have Ferguson there to step in than wasters like Rogic, ntcham. We have spent more money on worse players than what he would cost recently.

11. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Lewis Ferguson is a diddy.

12. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Brown grew up a Hibee

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

14. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    Being a rangers fan means nothing to me, if he was decent I'd say we should go for him, there's nothing about him that makes me think he could play for Celtic. There's no midfielder in Scotland I'd like to see Celtic sign bcoz none are anywhere near the standard we need. Mcginn has been the real loss to us, he's what we really needed.

Creativecelt and buchanbhoy like this.
  15. KEANO1

I’m pleased to hear that his hun tendencies aren’t a factor in your opinion. We have found out this year relying on ‘Celtic men’ can be disastrous eg Lennon.

Would you not have signed turnbull with that reasoning of no one in Scotland being up to standard?

16. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Think you’re twisting words there. He said no midfielder in Scotland is good enough for Celtic. Which is true, but obviously wasn’t true at the time Turnbull was available.

17. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    I think it’s better for him to cut his teeth into coaching away from Celtic.

Sick of the pals act we have at the club.

Creativecelt likes this.
  18. KEANO1

I disagree. I think it’s a fair question to ask, we only signed turnbull last summer and seen him on the pitch since October as a last resort it seemed.

He has absolutely been better than anyone could predicted. Even off the back of a tough injury, I’m delighted he did sign for us.

Ferguson has played and captained Aberdeen in cup semi finals and finals over the past few years for Aberdeen, albeit losing against us. All arguably more than turnbull has done so far in his career to date.

19. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    But he's already ours

20. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Worse than that...a Hun diddy!