1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ryan Christie

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by LloydsGamble, Aug 28, 2015.

Discuss Ryan Christie in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    At least you're admitting it :celtman2:

2. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

He's definitely not a scapegoat, there's a reason almost every Celtic fan you speak to is * aff with him.

His breakthrough as a regular Celtic player came about because of his energy and stamina along with the fact he's capable of hitting the postage stamp from 30 yards. When that goes and you're left with a guy floating about trying daft wee flicks and losing possession and then skelping the ball out the stadium from every angle week in and week out it gets a bit tedious. Add in to that the fact Turnbull is whipped off before him every time despite playing better than he has and it's easy to see why folks anger is aimed towards him.

He's a saleable asset this summer and it would be best for him and us that he moves on.

3. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

I can guarantee you I hate him more than you. * despise the *

The Phoenix and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  4. StanP19

Fav Celtic Player:
    Stilian Petrov
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Snap! I honestly have never hated a Celtic player as much as I do this *. Can’t even stand the way he speaks or looks let alone how he plays. * imposter get rid!

The Phoenix likes this.
  5. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

I got laughed at for declaring my hatred for him at the start. Can't wait till he leaves

6. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

I'd have brought him on as a sub seeing he didn't start the game.

7. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

I confidently predict that after he plays a few years with a Burnley or Newcastle he will return to Scotland.......... as a Hun player!!!

Just strikes me as the sort who will happily crossover to them.

I'll be digging this post out in about 5 years unless Covid has ravaged my once taut body and I am deid!

8. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    He * played it out for throw ins about 4/5 times, his little flicks tricks and dummy’s that don’t come off are totally infuriating. The guy has went from stepping up a level since his Aberdeen days, to being absolutely dug * consistently yet still plays every * week.

The Phoenix and McChiellini.. like this.
  9. oh bhoy

Hes playing out of position . thinking back to how poor Armstrong was playing out wide comparisons can be made .can't see him being around much longer if he ain't for signing a new deal anyway won't be that bothered if he goes

10. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    He could have been earning an extra £8k per week for the full season, but chose not to sign the contract on offer as he absolutely wants to leave.

He should be nowhere near our team and he can go * himself with the SFA cheats.

11. Chieftain

Fav Celtic Player:
    Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    What does he get per week now, out of interest?

12. Kyogo Furuhashi Gold Member Gold Member

Was rumoured to be £8k

Chieftain likes this.
  13. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

The rat Rodgers was the only one who's played him in his best position, which was as an 8 ahead of McGregor..

He brought intensity on and off the ball, with dangerous late rapid runs into the box, made it impossible for defenders in this league to cope with.

Criminal that a McGregor, Christie and Turnbull midfield in a 4-2-3-1 has never been visited. Especially when Kennedy witnessed how potent it could be when Brown was injured.

Having said that, there's been no excuse for most of his performances this season.

He has been very frustrating.

14. Dip 'n' Swerve

only has eyes for the euros, once he mingles with the Scottish national lads he will be crying over a move 'down south' - sell him and move on. he wont be missed - he offered some good moments but he has been very poor this season and from the turn of the new year, in terms of rebuilding the likes of him, rogic, bitton, brown all need to go freshen up the team.

what kind of fee would we accept for him - £4-6 million?

15. Dip 'n' Swerve

McGregor, Christie and Turnbull - they would struggle to fight out of a paper bag; we need more muscle and power in the middle of the pitch to dominate breaking balls, high balls and stamp authority. bring back petrov, Wanyama types much more suited to the league and engineering through European qualifying rounds. we get bullied too often in the last few seasons

Twisty and Garrymac1888 like this.
  16. Dip 'n' Swerve

plus those corners which cant beat the first man - a scandal considering he is unopposed when taking them.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  17. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Funny how we played our most scintillating football under Rodgers in that spell with McGregor as 6, Christie 8 and Rogic/Ntcham as the 10.. Not saying every game but it should have definitely been tried.

Spring Time and The Phoenix like this.
  18. Dip 'n' Swerve

Not in europe we didnt
    And in the league it was a makeshift rangers team - once they got kamara and davis in we struggled to break them down

They have signed players for small fees, made good signings that suit their requirements, the gauntlet has been thrown down. It will be interesting to see what we offer.

going forward in the next 6-12 months only turnbull is a player i would constantly start with

mc gregor has been of the boil, poor players around him? Tired legs? The higher up the pitch he fails to deliver and never does it in europe ( though not his fault when fudged into left back)

19. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

The spell I'm talking about we were already out of Europe. And don't think we ever tried it v The Huns because Rodgers * off and we never revisited.

20. Dip 'n' Swerve

true - armstrong is a real miss in the midfield soton got him for a snip.

Gyp Rosetti and JC Anton like this.