1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Probably realistic now that he’s flopped at Tottenham, then again if he can’t go far in the Europa with Tottenham’s budget then he’s no chance with us lol

2. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Now he is definitely coming.

3. StanP19

Fav Celtic Player:
    Stilian Petrov
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Personally I’d like to see us take someone like Hasenhuttl. I can see Southampton replacing him in the summer and I think his playing style would really suit us (without the 9 zip skelpings obviously)

4. Ak1

Weirdly Jose’ style of play might be more suited to us now, than ever before.

in particular with Europe where he likes to set up his teams to defend and then counter.

That said we’d end up 4-5th in the SPL, regularly displaying hun type behaviour and playing * football - so * that!!

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  5. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Mourinho is right in what he says about those players though they are soft touches and half them their for money some are constantly on the physio table aswell looking for any excuse to duck out of a game all or nothing proves it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liam Scales likes this.
  6. CountyDownFaithful

Getting desperate for some news on the manager and DOF front.

We really need something to get excited about.

7. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

Maresca 2/1 now

8. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    It’s gonna be maresca and I have come to accept that as long as this isn’t deila and he’s backed and given all the tools he needs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoops13 likes this.
  9. jambo_cfc

probably something to do with harkins getting announced this week

10. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Fools and their money. JK is the bet

11. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    And 40% of the rest were screaming Rafa while he was negotiating £15m a year in China.

Slaw and Hammy89 like this.
  12. StanP19

Fav Celtic Player:
    Stilian Petrov
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    If it’s Maresca and we bring in the right staff and structure then I’m sure we take care of the domestic front next season, regardless of the apparent re-build. I’ve watched 3 hun games this season and they were bang average in the 3 games against us. Really struggling to see what the fuss is about them.

While I think domestic games take care of themselves I think it’s paramount we start making inroads in Europe. I know a lot of folk will say get things right in the league first but I firmly believe it won’t take that much to overtake those horrible *. If we are introducing a new set up it must be a model that is designed to not only completely overtake the huns and put them back into the oblivion but also to make serious inroads into Europe with a product that bigger clubs will be happy to move younger players into and also invest in more developed players.

that’s my dream anyway!

13. Henke102

Apparent that the team on Sunday will be unrecognisable to the team that we will field to start the new season, with the news about Brown just showing the rebuild we have.

Harkin and Maresca duo and flooding the team with City under 23 loan players to plug gaps left by departing players won’t cut it for many supporters. Clock is ticking we really need to see some sort of progress by end of the month.

StanP19 likes this.
  14. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    What's Maresca done? Doing well with the Man City U23s, probably the best academy in the UK in terms of the money that's been pumped into it, is hardly impressive is it?

15. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Similar to Xabi Alonso who's just got the Gladbach job:fear:

Liam Scales and StanP19 like this.
  16. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

He’s not someone who “knows the city” and it would be part of a restructuring of the club.. so I’d be for it. If it was just Maresca I’d agree.

Liam Scales likes this.
  17. StanP19

Fav Celtic Player:
    Stilian Petrov
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Aye he is the Sociedad reserves manager or something eh? Everyone has to start somewhere. I’m sure BR was reserves manager at Chelsea under Mourinho at one point

18. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    It would be his first job in management, it's madness

19. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

You’re right. We shouldn’t consider first time managers regardless of how good their CV or reputation is. After all no manager has ever done well first time round. We should give it to Roy Keane :fear:

Liam Scales likes this.
  20. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Aye, but Rodgers didn't come straight from that, he went and cut his teeth doing well at Swansea, then was unlucky to to win the Prem with Liverpool, if slippy hadn't slipped they would have won it.

Maresca has been a assistant at West ham and ascoli and now he's with City youth. I'd ask the question if his setup there is so close and pep like, how much of that is him and how much is just mirroring the first team stuff?

I'm not horribly against Maresca (there's plenty that I'd prefer him over) but he is an unproven manager, that probably has little to no input over signings, that took over one of the premier academies in the world right now that has more money than anyone basically and uses an established system.

Coming to us, he would be joining a team going through massive changes on and off the pitch, coming off the back of their worst season in about 12 years with a disenfranchised fan base and the most important games of the season as soon as he starts with that depleted squad and a lack of structured youth (that may or may not be in the actual league for the first time ever as well) I'd rather see someone with experience at a high level come in now and sort out this immediate stuff.

Realistically a manager here is likely to be about 2/3 years of they do well before moving on, 5 at best. What we need is a recovery to fitness and form then establish a setup proper, to get to a Saltzburg or Ajax way we need at least 5 years