1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic v Sevco | Celtic Park | Sunday 21/3 | 1200 | SkySports/CelticTV

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Luis1967, Mar 12, 2021.

Discuss Celtic v Sevco | Celtic Park | Sunday 21/3 | 1200 | SkySports/CelticTV in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Tbh there hasn't been much snarl in a Celtic v them game since lennys first stint

Thing with this season it seemed like we had to not perform
    Before the lockdown......gerrard had a game to save his job and we were romping it.
    To come back, spend the money we did, and perform the way we have all season? Especially conceding 4 at home to Prague (barnes and mowbray sacked for less).
    Spelt out to me that the club did not give a *.

Poor signings.
    Star players playing at 20%

Huns came back with a consistency while we didnt know who would be scrubbing the boots.

Shameful

Wee Baldy, Henke102 and seanm like this.
  2. seanm

Best thing about this season is that its almost over.but i fear for next season already.HH

thailandceltic likes this.
  3. seanm

Great post.HH

Cerand Bhoy and Wee Baldy like this.
  4. seanm

Best kits in year shitiest team in years.HH

5. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Disappointment we didn’t win but I’m glad I’m not absolutely fuming after a Derby like I thought I would be. Imagine we beat Dundee Utd aswell and this was them just winning it. Would be twice as bad as the Sunday they won it when they weren’t even playing. Place would be destroyed.

Cerand Bhoy likes this.
  6. Foley1888

Where I agree with us having some good players to some extent we clearly have deficiencies throughout the team. I will caveat that with Julien has been a huge loss in both boxes as he is a pretty good defender.

However even with Julien in we are still short of a third first team CB, we have poor options at full back with no real attacking threat, we have no wingers other than Forrest so we have no threat from wide areas and both the game at New Year and today showed they are susceptible to attacking the space between their full backs and centre backs on either side, Frimpong had so many opportunities but could not pick out a pass at new year down our right and we continually done them down our left today. Imagine actually having decent players filling those roles rather than Christie who can’t kick the ball with his right foot and Kenny who refuses to go forward. On the left we have no winger and our left backs use of the ball and final ball are honking.

We have a real lack of physicality in midfield without a 35 year old Brown and none of our strikers are decent in the air or at taking the ball with their back to goal and bringing others into the game. That’s not mentioning a bang average goalkeeper.

A new coaching set up is key but there is major work to be done on the squad due to predominantly terrible recruitment for around 3 or 4 seasons and relying on loans to plug gaps when vital players are sold or get past their best e.g. Gordon, Lustig, Jozo, Brown, Sinclair, Dembele and Tierney or relying too much on certain players like McGregor and Forrest so lack of options to rotate with.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
    Wee Baldy likes this.
  7. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

ROAMIN IN THE GLOAMIN with a shamrock in my hand, roamin in the GLOAMIN with St Paddys Feinian hand yadayadayada
    Oh its good to be a Crossmaglen rocket launcher!

8. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

9. murphy88

Created more than enough to win the game. I think it's a penalty as well. Edouard has had to get out the way of the challenge after he has sold Barisic, just because there is little contact it doesn't mean it isn't a penalty. Similar to the game at New Year, but we managed to take one of our chances this time. Done by yet another set piece, it is embarrassing how badly we attempt to defend them. Any chance Kennedy had of getting the job should be well and truly gone now. Nothing has changed since Lennon has left.

Wee Baldy and Spring Time like this.
  10. DonnyCelt

Get a manager of who knows what he's doing and we'll be back to being the dominant force. Second derby in a row we've been the miles better team, had we taken our chances in both games and learned to defend properly we'd have been looking at double figured over the last two games against them.

Wee Baldy and bobs1974 like this.
  11. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
  12. Lecs

Four goals conceded in the three games, three from corner kicks and one from a free kick.

Four set piece goals, and not a good goal among them.

An absolute * disgrace. We've learned * all. I don't know what they * work on in training.

See what annoys me the most, I don't expect celtic players to win every header, but see if you don't win your header, challenge your man for * sake. Make it difficult for him, lean into him, bump him as he jumps, ensure that he doesn't get a free header against you.

Kenny * about hitting a forty yard pass back to his goalkeeper from nearly his own half way line. Then he falls asleep and let's half a haircut peel off him unmarked with a tap in.

It totally undid all of our good play, it's all very well and great outplaying the huns and taking the * out of them but every time they get a corner they might as well have a free kick on the edge of our box.

Wee Baldy and NomDePlum like this.
  13. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Free the Adblock and Marie like this.
  14. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    He should of got £5k lol

15. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Aye man, we've been that bad this season it was bound to happen. Andy Halliday or Ian Black would have probably got MOTM if they still played for them.

16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Should be an instant ban for me and 67 hour's community service :nonono:

17. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

We're honking but I'd feel dirty collecting that money.

Marie likes this.
  18. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Nah man, I celebrated and let off fireworks in the garden.
    Kidding on. I'll probably use it to renew my season ticket anyway tbh.

Seán Mac D likes this.
  19. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Much are they in the Govan rear? :fear:

20. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Am out man. Catch yeez after. Snidey wee likes and that when yous would probably need a sat nav to get to a game.

StPauli1916 likes this.