1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

I rest my case. :34:

seanm and Turnbulls right peg like this.
  2. Turnbulls right peg

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and over
    Seriously though he was trusted as 1st team coach by Rodgers who I doubt would have carried passengers if he was useless he would've punted him out to the youth setup. Personally I'd like him to stay on and learn from another top coach (hopefully) and 4-5 years down the line when behind the scenes is all running smoothly DOF etc he'd be a candidate imo but not just now.

3. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

I'd prefer it if he went elsewhere to learn his trade, don't want to see him as part of the set up under yet another manager, that would seem to me like we were accommodating the guy, everything else changes but he remains, for me that's not a healthy situation, he's been complicit in this horror show of a season, he should be out the door.

Doogs., charlietully and seanm like this.
  4. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Jocky Wilson

Doogs. likes this.
  5. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    I don't want Jack Ross but if some old crank at Celtic decides it's got to be one of these guys that 'knows the city/league/club' types then I'd probably take him over your Alec Neil, John Kennedy, Roy Keane, WGS and Paul Lambert types that keep doing the rumour-mills.

Still on the Howe and Marsch bus me..pls

seanm likes this.
  6. SteveyNico67

Barkas

With Taylor as Assistant coach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. jambo_cfc

We need a manger who will

1. Will stop the constant passing backwards when in crossing positions
    2. Learn to put a man on the posts at corners and knows how to set teams up to defend them
    3. Has a number 9 who plays on the last shoulder and doesnt stray wide constantly an plays beween the 6 yard lines
    4. knows when to make subs
    5. Drops underperforming players
    6. Analysis’s opposition teams
    7. Can get players fit
    Seriously think browns age has caught up with him because of our training methods ! Think with a good coach brown could easily get another season ! There is still a plyer there !

stubhoy07 and bhoy81 like this.
  8. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Get Kamara as manager, he got Broony moving into the opposition half with purpose yesterday...

Too soon?

ArturBorucCSC likes this.
  9. Sgt Neppers*

Whatever the hold up is for, it's certainly not for the benefit of Celtic FC or its fans. Everyday with no new team in place is a day wasted in the new season. Get it done!!!!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
    Tommy25, seanm, Peej and 1 other person like this.
  10. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    It's a fear alright. I don't think it is the case, but that fear is still there.
    Seemingly we gave Lennon the "review" of December to try allow him time to get a run of results to keep his job.
    Giving Kennedy these games to get a run of results to hand over an easy appointment isn't beyond this board to be honest.

If lawwells boy comes on, in any form, the fans need to treat this as just a continuation of the same * and stick by our words of the last season.
    * that *.

I'm just about accepting the positive idea of the DoF and head coach etc of Harkin - a pal of the Desmond's by all accounts. So long as it comes with the full structure.
    But if we go down the line of passing the keys to lawwells boy (figurative) then they can * right off.
    We had enough of a family ran business in the 90s.
    It's practically the same just now with the job for the boys/pals act we do, let's not cement it again with his boy coming in.

He's * mate, he is literally proving it right now.
    98% of the time players and coaches will always say favourable words of their colleagues.
    It's one thing to be talked about in a good way, but literally he is proving to us all that he just isn't good. Not yet.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

11. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Agreed.

If it's harkin and maresca at the end of the season, I don't see why they can't just announce it already and give us the positive news at least.

If it was a manager currently at a first team somewhere, sure I get the need not to say till jobs done.
    But it's an u23 coach for * sake.
    It's hardly a coup or stepping over any ethical line of not poaching a manager.
    Just announce it for * sake and get the fans onside.

My thinking is they are leaving it till as close to the st renewal date as possible to get the buzz going and the sales done.
    Before we all then get hit with another Kennedy/Lennon coaching performance at the next game.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

seanm and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  12. Sgt Neppers*

Apparently Borussia Monchengladbach are about to appoint Xabi Alonso. That would mean Marsch staying put. If true, we need to go and offer him a deal he can't refuse. With a promise to support whatever decisions he wants to make in regards to the playing staff. Aim for the top Celtic.

13. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Still leaves the Leipzig job though. Nagelsmann has been linked with lots of big clubs. He's apparently ruled himself out of coming to us anyway

14. Sgt Neppers*

Get on the front foot, be proactive, sell the vision of what Celtic is trying to do, how he could be a club legend if he was to achieve this and he will have 60,000 fans chanting his name. He will be at the fore front of this 21st century vision. Tell him he is our number 1 choice. Give him a good salary. Get a few good clauses in there for him and us.

Let's not wait for others to sort themselves and we'll take the scraps. Let's take charge of this. Get our house in order. Ask the question. The worst that can happen is being told no thanks.

Celtic and what it's wanting to achieve is realistic and a sleeping giant waiting to be rediscovered in terms of our potential on and off the park and within European football. But by * let's be the the driving force of this vision and not Let's wait and see and keep it for one of our own.

This * has dragged on for too long.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
  15. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Hes already told our board not to consider him according to a German journalist

MusselburghBhoy likes this.
  16. StanP19

Fav Celtic Player:
    Stilian Petrov
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony

Is Nagelsmann leaving Leipzig in the summer? I know he’s been touted as an eventual Bayern manager in the past. If so, I think Marsch is likely to choose Leipzig over us unfortunately.

17. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Flick apparently won't leave Bayern until his contract is done so Nagelsmann won't be going to them. That was the main piece of the Marsch to Leipzig jigsaw, Flick to Germany in the summer.

18. seanm

Get any manager in now and remove all our lennon kennedy coaching staff and regime.we are miles better than sevco. Our players mental healrh was what lost the league.HH

19. seanm

This all * day long.HH

20. Sgt Neppers*

Can see Rangnick taking over the German job.