1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. northeast67

This feels like the longest ever transfer deadline just waiting each day in the club making the move, and 9 x out 10 they don't.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  2. Wullywanbaw

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Zombie nation
    I would take clarke and bring maresca in as his assistant with a view to taking over.
    Best of both worlds, Clarke can set a team up defensively and drill a team well. Maresca would bring the forward thinking attacking football he has been getting rave reviews with the u23s.
    Could do alot worse thab that just now.

RogicHasMagicToes likes this.
  3. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I think they are waiting until hun result. If we beat them they will wait until end of season. If we dont win then they will announce new manager

martin_d and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  4. markybhoy1976 Gold Member Gold Member

Let’s face it, we are a * shambles and no * worth a * would touch us with a * stick.
    Run into the ground by a bunch of * that made plenty off of us mug punters.
    This prolonged pish isn’t some tactical genius move on the part of DD and the board. Celtic football club are a disgrace. No direction, no vision and no ambition have tarnished the once great name of our club and now we’re a basket case in limbo waiting for our next dose of mediocrity. * you PL, * you and your * grip moustache DD, * the lot of you!

mayo likes this.
  5. StainseyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Andy Hinkel !!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    If we're doing this right, McKay should be bringing in his own staff. And seeing as he doesn't start properly till June this delay could be a sign that he'll be bringing the manager in

6. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

Serious ? Them * beat us and a new manager is announced on the back of it. No Manager with an ounce of decent wouldn't accept that .

7. john2061

Clarke won't leave the Scotland job and even if he did we would have to wait till the end of June and the champions League is three weeks later that's no use with the rebuild job Celtic have to do .
    We really need to get the new man now and this * about is wasting valuable time with players leaving and coming in think the new manager needs at least two to three months to get who he wants and who he's telling to leave .

8. Marksman

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I agree with much of your post, but your first sentence is nonsense.

People will still be flocking to take the job, good qualified people.

It is such an attractive job for anyone who wants to make a name for themselves,
    beat one team, trophy or two, Europe, an opportunity to make a splash!

Don't think because of one * up season the name of Celtic has stopped resonating!

9. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony

I agree that we are still an attractive prospect, but out with our domestic dominance this is more than one * up season. We have been an absolute shambles in Europe for years, it’s going to take a big rebuild to get some sort of respect back on that front aswell as our title back.

Marksman and martin_d like this.
  10. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    The manager may have decency but can you say the same for our board.

faw cough likes this.
  11. SteveyNico67

So it’s going to be Steve Clarke’s Celtic years then.

‘I might be somewhere else this summer’.

He’ll lead Scotland to the Euro finals, pap England out, then go to Celtic and sort us out then become Man Utd manager

You heard it here first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. SteveyNico67

[​IMG]

Have a cuppa and calm the * down

One tainted nae fans corona title and our entire recent history forgotten?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tommy25 and seanm like this.
  13. seanm

* me steve clarke and leipzigs american manager in the frame for celtic manager.get to * we are celtic.we dont want second best.* me next season could be * already.HH

14. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Jesse Marsch, right, is the first American to lead a side in the Champions League

Red Bull Salzburg head coach Jesse Marsch says it is an "honour" to be linked with the Celtic job and describes the role as "interesting".

The 47-year-old American has been suggested by some ex-players as a good fit to replace Neil Lennon.

Salzburg are on course for a second straight league and cup double under Marsch, who has also worked as an assistant at RB Leipzig.

"I've heard [about the links]. It's an honour for me," Marsch told BBC Sport.

Old Firm B teams could join League 2
    Kennedy 'a risk' for Celtic job - Collins
    "Three or four years ago, being linked with a club like Celtic would literally be an impossibility for me. And now that this is where I am, I always just try to look at it in terms of, 'what would the project look like?'

"Would we have similar ideas in how to build it the right way, invest in the academy, invest in young players and create this development process that I'm talking about? And not just focus on winning.

"Obviously I know that when you're the coach of Celtic, winning is the most important thing."

Celtic are reportedly searching for a director of football as well as a manager in a revamp of their football operations, after their pursuit of a 10 consecutive league title in a row fell flat this term.

Marsch previously coached New York Red Bulls in Major League Soccer, winning coach of the year in 2015.

He moved to Germany in 2018 to become Ralf Rangnick's assistant at Leipzig, before taking the reigns at Salzburg the following summer, where he helped develop young talents such as Erling Haaland, Takumi Minamino, and Dominik Szoboszlai.

As a result, Marsch has also been linked to top jobs in the German Bundesliga but is contracted to Salzburg until the summer of 2022.

"I know enough about it, to say of course it's interesting," he added of the Celtic role. "It's an amazing club and it would be an honour to even be considered. But I also have a job to do here.

"My way of working is really to focus in on the job that I'm doing and concentrate on the moment. And the more that I do that the more other possibilities can arise."

Won't happen then if he's talking about it to the media

Turnbulls right peg likes this.
  15. jambo_cfc

Marsch would be ideal , austrian league is similar to our league in that its the same team that expected to win the league with playing free flowing football ! Would t be against this !

16. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

Marsch is undoubtedly my first choice and the standout candidate.... And he never said no there.

Tommy25 likes this.
  17. joemc

The 3 that interest me are clarke , marsch , and dyche, think all 3 are more than decent out of all the others mentioned , for different reasons all would do well here .

18. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Wits his nationality got to do with it? :56:

You hit the nail on the head there, we are Celtic. These are the calibre of managers we can realistically attract and afford.

Marsch would be a cracking appointment IMO

Tommy25 likes this.
  19. markybhoy1976 Gold Member Gold Member

I’m calm and not too fond of tea. I’m not forming my opinion because of one * season. I do however think that * off Brendan Rodgers and PL’s constant interference might have come back to bite us on the *. The way the club is run will be well talked about in certain circles. This I believe is where we are *. Sure we can take a punt on someone that is looking to prove themselves, I would rather we were an attractive option for an established big name that was backed by a board with ambition beyond domestic success.

As ever I’m more than happy to be proved wrong however on past form I’m not holding my breath.

20. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    Getting marsch would be a huge coup for us, he'd be ahead of howe and maresca for me easily. I think its unlikely though...