1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by hkbhoy, May 15, 2007.

Discuss Scott Brown in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Lawwell away, Lennon away, DoF coming in, promising new DM coming in from Championship, couple other players getting talked about already, board publicly admitting there is no OF, ageing captain we all thought would be handed another deal potentially leaving. Also a new manager will be coming in at some point. Exciting times ahead i think.

2. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    West Ham are definitely not an example of a well run club, just need to say that. They sacked there current manager for another one, decided he’s probably better, went back to him. Wasted multi millions on players that don’t suit them,have owners that argue with fans on twitter.

Moyes has just done amazing this season, a manager that everybody hated us getting linked with 18 months ago btw.

David Gold tweeted the wrong black guy when doing a welcome tweet fs.

3. Lewis Kerr

Ok they're definitely not the best run.. but in terms of handling an ageing captain, they are doing far better than us. Moyes has surprised me and probably everyone else in football this season. But with his career taking a complete nosedive after Man Utd, not favouring him was pretty justifiable.

4. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I get the point you’re making but I just think a lot of things are easy in hindsight.

We’ve made our own mistakes, I don’t think there’s many clubs like us but I think the biggest mistake we’ve ever made is getting Congerton to gut our scouting from top to bottom, think that’s * us more than anything as a club.

We’ve had other, major, problems on the pitch. But thats the biggest issue for me.

And another point, Moyes would have been a good appointment and that proves to me sometimes the fans should be ignored if that decisions made with a belief that its the best thing for the club.

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

STEPHEN GLASS will bring in Celtic skipper Scott Brown as his No 2 if he lands the Aberdeen job.

SunSport can reveal the Hoops legend is the man Glass wants to be one of TWO high-profile backroom men at Pittodrie.

As well as veteran Brown, whose contract at Celtic Park ends this summer, the 44-year-old will take England strikers’ coach Allan Russell with him.

Glass is front-runner for the job after Derek McInnes’ exit and is keen to move to Pittodrie from Atlanta United’s reserve team.

A deal to bring him back to the Dons has not yet been finalised, but it’s understood he is Aberdeen’s preferred candidate.

Glass is good friends with Brown, 35, from their time together at Hibs and wants him by his side in his first foray into first-team management.

For the Hoops skipper, the opportunity to move into coaching at Premiership level, while also still playing, would likely prove too good to turn down.

With his deal up in the summer and big changes set to come over the next few months after the departures of Neil Lennon and Peter Lawwell, a new era will be ushered in at Celtic Park.

Brown is ready to move on and begin his own journey in coaching alongside Glass after spending 14 years at Celts.

Securing Broony as his player/coach would be a massive coup for Glass, as would persuading the highly-rated Russell to come back to Scottish football.

The 40-year-old is a key man in Gareth Southgate’s England set-up and will be involved in the clash with Steve Clarke’s Scotland at the Euros.

6. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Good move fro Broony imo.

Excellent way to start a coaching career, getting out of your comfort zone, taking a risk and building a CV.

Unlike certain others who still linger around here, manager after manager, stealing a wage, chatting * and sabotaging their progress and ours.

7. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    You mean like Brown who's stayed here about three seasons too many sabotaging our progress (particularly in Europe) & still seeking another year on top of it (according to his interview a few weeks back)?

We should have punted him to Australia seasons ago

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
  8. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Absolutely agree. No one can deny his contributions but this season has been tragic to watch. Not necessarily his fault, we all know aged players will eventually start their decline (older you are the sharper the decline can be).

It just amazes me and infuriates me that we didn't have the ready to roll out plan as soon as Broony wasn't up to it. Yeah soro looks decent but am far from convinced he is the long term answer

SuperZidane and DonnyCelt like this.
  9. DonnyCelt

His testimonial should've been his last game imo.

10. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Reckon thats alot of * and he’ll still be here in some capacity.

11. SuperZidane

I think this would be good (and frankly an example to Kennedy). Aberdeen would be a real challenge and Broony will get experience and show if has anything to offer in the coaching space.

12. TheHappyLoss

Can’t see him going to the sheep.

13. seanm

Ffs broony should be given a coaching position with celtic.total legend. Its the least he deserves.* our tory board.*.gtf.HH

14. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Gee it a rest wae the tory board pish mate eh? Every single * post. We get it, they’re *.

honda likes this.
  15. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Why should he be given a coaching role with us? We owe him nothing really. He came to us and has been very well paid over 14 years.

16. PaddyBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joos Valgaeren
    We owe him nothing? he's played over 600 games for the club. Literally only a handful have devoted more minutes on the park for celtic in the 130 odd year history of the club. All whilst winning absolutely everything.

I would say we owe him a lot. :50:

Legend

The_Bhoy, Spring Time and jj81 like this.
  17. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    He was paid for what he did, he earns thousands a week for what does. We don't owe him a free ride to a coaching role.

18. Cringer67

Needs to do an Alfe Inge Haaland on Frodo next week. Id pay good money to see that happen

Spring Time and Creativecelt like this.
  19. jj81

Mental talk

And talking of mentality he is the guy you need in a coaching role, inserting the importance to win into young players.

Alot of * thrown his way this season, some rightlyfully so , but the stick he gets is scandalous.

seamus1967 likes this.
  20. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Said before I wouldn’t be against him getting a coaching role here but you can’t just give jobs to the Bhoys all the time we need to get away from that carry on. Whether he leaves or stays i won’t be too fussed either way.