1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr. Slippyfist

He's quite right though, we are desperately missing that, In abundance...

2. murphy88

Gary Neville being another example. Talks a lot of sense but when it came to management he was hopeless.

stubhoy07 likes this.
  3. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

Why would you want Keane as manager? Shouting and screaming does not work on our pampered footballers these days. We need a forward thinking manager who is very astute technically and tactically. Keane is old school, he would be Lennon Mk2.

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  4. MagnificentSeven Charly Musonda CSC

Have it on very good authority that we’ve approached Howe.

He could’ve told us to get to *, for all I know.. but we’ve asked him the question at least.

Welcome to Celtic, Roy Keane.

5. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    I love Roy Keane, probably between him and Paul McGrath as best Irish player in my time lifetime. I like him as a person and I like what hes about. But he would be a complete disaster at us. Would be Lennon x1000 and although maybe initially he'd get a reaction and things would be great at some point the whole thing would implode and the players would down tools. I know he's gone in the summer but he would pan Christie out.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

6. ddub11

Kean could do a job,but hes to much of a risk.His records poor but good enough to win the league but the problem is his attitude.
    He wants every player to be a replica of himself and when they fail he slaughters them.He wouldnt be my choice but hearing some of the names being mentioned he would be ahead of some.

stubhoy07 likes this.
  7. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Hes good enough to win the league ?

Reminds me of when people said Lennon was a pair of safe hands for the 10

He would be an even bigger disaster than Lennon

8. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I would rather we thought outside the box a bit but I’d be happy with Eddie Howe.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  9. MrSpeaker89

As in a friend of a mate who works at an estate agent that spoke to Lawwell's driveway cleaner kinda authority? Or something with a bit more substance?

MagnificentSeven likes this.
  10. MagnificentSeven Charly Musonda CSC

If a friend of a mate who works at an estate agent that spoke to Lawwell’s driveway cleaner isn’t enough substance for you, then my source is an absolute fraud.

11. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Jaysus, just had a quick peep in here and see Roy Keane mentioned in every post for 3 pages... please tell me there is nothing In this

Actually I refuse to believe we would even consider that nutjob

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  12. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Half these spineless * won’t be here anyway, hopefully Christie is first shipped out the door. Probably to Glasgow Warriors.

13. ddub11

The way i see it is with our finance's we are way ahead of anybody in the league,we have one serious opposition (hun)beat them and the leagues over.

This season was a disaster(lennon should never have been giving the job)but even with all his faults i think kean would be able to win the league.

Truth is with the talent at our disposal(compared to the others)we could beat the majority of teams in our league without a manager.

14. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Why would he be able to if Lennon couldn't

15. Turnbulls right peg

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and over
    While I still think we will end up with a maresca type head coach I've always thought that martinez would be out of our reach financially but just read he signed a new deal last year doubling his 1.2m euro salary so just over £2m is in the same bracket as Rodgers wages.

Hes still a young coach and you would think he would want to get back in to the day to day involvement of club football again soon.

16. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

There’s a World Cup next year. He manages the team currently ranked #1 in the world.

Baring a complete disaster at the Euros, I can’t see him leaving Belgium for any club job soon, never mind the Celtic job.

17. totti-88

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,let the people sing
    Think whoever it is theres no reason it couldn't be a Howe or a Martinez think alot of these kinds will look at what Rodgers came in came in and got to showcase the type of manager he is at a club that always os expected to win done well at a big club couple runs in champions league then set him up to go to a average EPL team but had higher aspirations of themselves and managed to take what he was doing with us and now got that implemented down south and turned them into a team that its getting to the point there expecting to win most weeks to try get into the top 4.

Jmac402 and Turnbulls right peg like this.
  18. Turnbulls right peg

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and over
    My point was that I thought he was on ridiculous money and out of our reach financially.
    I don't think it will happen either but he will want club football again very soon and with the scottish wife and maloney connection you never know is all I'm saying.

19. ddub11

I think lenny lost the dressing room early and it cost us the ten.Course the same could happen to kean but if he got the respect of the players and they played for him he could win the league.

Turnbulls right peg likes this.
  20. Turnbulls right peg

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and over
    Also with the size of the overhaul needed and the amount of new players coming in he would near enough have a full team of his own players so they would know who there signing for beforehand. He seemed to have most of his falling outs with senior pros who had dropped down to a lower level think he would get mcgregor turnbull etc onside quite easily

ddub11 likes this.