1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Patryk Klimala

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Henrik 07, Jan 14, 2020.

Discuss Patryk Klimala in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. john2061

Been saying for a while now head of recruitment Mr Hammond needs sacked as well .

2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    What was the point in talking him up as if he was gonna get a run?

1 game in and back on the bench, bombed out..

Bizzare..

James Mc, martin_d, The_Bhoy and 2 others like this.
  3. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

We spent over 3 million on him. I don't think he's totally hopeless (at least he works hard) but let that sink in.

martin_d likes this.
  4. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

The last 9 games should've been used to blood guys that might have a chance of being here next season.

Soro, Turnbull, Welsh, Ajeti, Klimala.

Instead we've constantly picked 2 midfielders ahead of strikers we paid a combined £8.5m for in 2020.

Shambolic.

martin_d, The_Bhoy, NomDePlum and 2 others like this.
  5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    It just makes zero sense..

We all know Kennedy will have been wanting to audition his self and he's changed virtually nothing personnel wise. Sqme shape..

As you say, we have a couple of striker's signed for pretty decent money and he won't play them....or give them a run..

Even if he doesn't rate them highly or whatever it is, at least you're potentially putting them in the shop window at the very least..

Klimala probably won't be the long term answer but there was space today to get in behind or get across the face of goal. He does do both and would've caused them problem's..

* * of a man in the dugout..

martin_d, The_Bhoy and Seán Mac D like this.
  6. The Dude

He only averaged 1 goal every 5 games in the Ekstraklasa. It was a bizarre move.

mayo, martin_d and The_Bhoy like this.
  7. Smarty1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    joe ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Remember when Celtic signed him a Polish football reporter said he had no idea why we were interested. Also, heard first hand how the other players were baffled by his total lack of ability and awareness. Dreadful signing along with Ajeti. Maybe get a player by combining the two.

mayo likes this.
  8. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    I'd just cut my losses with him, nowhere near the standard required.

mayo and martin_d like this.
  9. john2061

The
    The scary part there's more than him need to go the recruitment has been disgraceful and barkas and Ajeti would take 6 million to get rid so 3 million each a loss but this what happens when recruitment is * .

muaythai postie likes this.
  10. Paradise88

Think about it, Barkas, Klimala and Ajeti all looked good on paper.

"Champions League goal keeper"
    "Polish U21 striker"
    "Top Swiss goal scorer"

But the reality is no one spent the time watching them play and their videos. Proof was in the pudding with Ajeti with west ham saying he's a dud. Yet we were aiming for champions League football when he can't make it in mid table premier League side?

Big questions need to be asked about how easily we are throwing away money without proper vetting.

11. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Board aren't gonna allow players being sold in summer to be frozen out to lower their value further just to get ajeti klimala Henderson game time.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

12. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    A decent manager could turn ajeti around , barkas probably and as much as I want it to work for klimala I don't think it will although he seems to be doing it in training as he has featured more regularly than others

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

13. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I'm not sure how playing in drab performances in any way maintains any of those players' values.

We all know the fees we'll get will be fraction of what we would've got 12 months ago but we also know the people that won't be here come September.

Given we had the benefit of 9 dead rubber games (being generous here as there was more) I'd rather we gave the likes of Paddy and Ajeti a run to see if there is at least something that the incoming manager can work with. If not then we can ship them out in the summer too.

Dan Breen and McChiellini.. like this.
  14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    We're probably gonna have to take a hit and cut our losses for 2 of the 3 at least but we have to be realistic here..

We signed Sinclair who was relegated from the EPL and he came in and instantly killed it. Villa fan's slaughtered him for being a diddy..

Ajeti had proven to be a good player in a decent side in his homeland and in Europe..

Barkas another who was a Greek league winner, European goalkeeper and international..

They haven't worked for whatever reason. Homesickness. Fitness. Attitude. Quality......but on paper they weren't bad signings..

Klimala for the fee was overpriced but he has some potential. Polish under 21 main striker. Was on good form in their top flight. Young. Quick. Great attitude..

The problem we've also had this season with our recruitment is signing player's that don't fit our system and the way we play. Duffy on paper seemed a decent signing. Been horrendous but he didn't suit our playing out from the back style and high line with his lack of pace..

Ajeti doesn't suit our lack of width and creativity from the wide positions. No pace whatsoever around him as he lacks it..

Klimala is more of a in behind striker who would be good in a counter attacking side. Completely what we're no for 90+% of our game's..

15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    I wouldn't be surprised if Barkas and Ajeti maybe have somewhere half lined up already. Some sort of agreement and why they're being left out. Or there's been a big fallout..

Otherwise it makes no sense to keep 13 million quid of last summer's signings (including Paddy) on the bench, but starting 3 loan player's who will never be here next season......just for dead rubbers as you say..

I do think Ajeti and Barkas will be gone for what it's worth..

Seán Mac D likes this.
  16. James Gold Member Gold Member

I like him and he gives it his all but in fairness that should be a pre requisite of playing for us I just don't think he is good enough

martin_d likes this.
  17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Doesn't come off the bench again..

Talked up like he was getting a run and then dropped..

They're slow and he has pace to go beyond. When Edouard or whoever was dropping deep, there was a lot of space second half to exploit..

The kinda Edouard through ball's like he scored from at Dingwall for example..

We don't have enough pace in behind. Just a lot of backs to goal, come short, slower types..

What do I know though. Just bin all of our big signings and play a lot of loan's and non triers. That'll do it..

blackfish likes this.
  18. James Gold Member Gold Member

I think I would either punt him or loan him in the summer I like him but there is no point in having him

19. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    He'll probably be here next season. Can't see anyone coming in for him. Hopefully last year's positive attitude endures and he puts the work in and improves as a player, then makes a bigger contribution next season. Honestly though, I just don't rate him.

20. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Don’t think he’s one we should be loaning out tbh... we need to be giving him game time but that won’t happen til there’s a change in system and manager. 4 strikers when we only play one doesn’t help.