1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kyle Joseph

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by GavCFC1, Mar 5, 2021.

Discuss Kyle Joseph in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. GavCFC1

2. DonnyCelt

All for this, as long as the new manager gives him a chance.

CountyDownFaithful likes this.
  3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CELTIC are closing in on a deal to sign Wigan star Kyle Joseph, according to reports.

The Hoops are already looking at a major rebuild this summer as they aim to win the title back from Rangers next season.

Odsonne Edouard could be one of the biggest departures as Leicester City reportedly close in on his signature.

But Celtic could already be looking to English football for the Frenchman's replacement.

According to the Daily Mail, the Parkhead club are closing in on the signing of Joseph.

The 19-year-old is out of contract at Wigan at the end of the season and will be free to join another club.

Celtic reportedly tried to sign the youngster back in January and are going back in an attempt to land the forward.

Joseph came through the youth ranks at Wigan and made his senior debut for the English League One side earlier this season.

Since then, he has gone on to make a further 15 appearances in all competitions and score five goals.

While he scored his first career hat-trick in a 4-3 victory over Burton Albion at the end of December.

All that now remains to be seen is whether Celtic can get a potential deal for Joseph over the line.

4. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Seems like a bit of a coup, hope we get him.

5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I remember us being linked with him before as it goes..

Sounds a player. Anyone seen him before?

6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:

Looks a good player. Decent touch. Composed. Good size..

Seems to be two footed? Looked maybe more left peg but then hit a penalty with his right..

Player's like this should be our 4th choice type signings. He's up against what are comparable defences to most of our league..

Edit:

Bottom one is the best of the lot. Looks a proper player and older than his age in this. Really impressive. Hopefully get this done..

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
  7. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Know nothing of him, age wise and seemingly looked at work a keen eye by other clubs, sure it's one we should take a punt on.
    Specially on a pre contract is it?

But one would need to wonder the lads own ambitions if he is happy to come to Celtic.
    We don't have a good track record for lads in his situation and age bracket.

If he's playing league one football and clubs like spurs etc are sniffing, then I dare say a championship club at worse would take a solid punt on him and give him 30+ games next season.

He'd be lucky to get 3 games with us.
    I know that's based on previous records, but until we announce a manager who's willing to work with these sort of players, then I'd wonder why a player would bother giving us the time of day.

And so it turns out I'm still disenfranchised with our club right now :56:

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

8. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Would take. For free? Would deffo take.

9. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    At the very least I think he would score domestic goals. Some may say that isn't enough but not every striker is going to be great in Europe or needs to be, especially if only for a development fee

Hammy89 likes this.
  10. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    He's young and we don't know what his potential will be. He could turn out to be a diamond in the rough but there must be a player in there if Spurs were interested. I've seen Wigan fans on twitter aren't happy about losing him. It's always promising when that happens.

We'll need bodies in every department. He ticks a few boxes. Bring him in and see what he can show under a decent manager.

11. ddub11

This is whats most important.No point in bringing in new guys if their not being used.When i look at Paddy,Ajeti sitting on the bench it sickens me.

Would love to eddie being dropped and paddy and ajeti being giving a good run of games to blow the cobwebs off and stake a claim.

DonnyCelt likes this.
  12. Foley1888

If the boy is brought in with the chance of playing it could be a very good signing for a very small fee. He clearly has an eye for goal and looks to have potential to work with and develop particularly given his age.

We need so many players so deals for guys like Liam Shaw and Kyle Joseph make perfect sense. Others in the Championship and league 1 such as Alex Mowatt, Barnsley; Ryan Nyambe, Blackburn; Joe Rankin- Costello, Blackburn; Anthony Scully, Lincoln City, Reece James, Doncaster; Leo Ostigard, Coventry; Asmir Begovic, Bournemouth; Junior Stanislaw, Bournemouth; Isaac Mbenza, Huddersfield amongst others are all available as a free or for a development fee.

Most would be on the basis of potential but the likes of Mowatt, Begovic, Stanislas would be signed for their experience to help a young squad and cost nothing. Allowing us to spend bigger on a few positions such as CB and CF.

Big Shoes likes this.
  13. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Looks promising from those videos.

Only concern would be why he isn’t their starting striker if he’s such a talent? He hasn’t even been in their squad for the last 9 games. Surely must be injured.

14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Injured or they've bombed him out for no signing a new deal maybe..

The_Bhoy likes this.
  15. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    I hope he is not another that goes into the under 21 team and rots

16. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I know it's only a rumour but surely we have some sort of new manager lined up. What's the point bringing people in, free transfer or not because they'll be on a wage, and then find out the new manager doesn't want him.

fms06 likes this.
  17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    With these low budget/pre contracts, I imagine Hammond and the likes are still instructed to get thing's done..

It's something that new manager's have to deal with anyway as none of the player's are his really..

Would be magic if we did have a new manager waiting to be announced who was already giving the ok behind the scene's to deals. Highly doubt it though..

18. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Agree, would be preferable if the manager has already been decided and these are some early choices, but deals like Joseph, Shaw etc we should be pursuing no matter what imo

19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Spot on mate..

Possibly a DOF having a say, maybe more realistic than a manager doing it right now but the most likely is we've already got guy's at the club pressing on with these..

Basically cheap 'punts' on highly rated player's. Can't wait around or refuse them..

Wouldn't mind picking up a good few of these to be honest..

Hammy89 and HTG like this.
  20. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I think we have to as there are so many bodies that we have to bring in that we have to rely on deals like these so we can spend big in certain more pressing positions.

martin_d and McChiellini.. like this.