1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ryan Christie

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by LloydsGamble, Aug 28, 2015.

Discuss Ryan Christie in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. DuffyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Petrov/Calmac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    lonesome boatman
    Spaghetti legged, cretinus wee gimp.

The Phoenix likes this.
  2. Hadouken

the * hasn't wanted to play for us all season and downed tools.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  3. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Honestly cannot wait til we sell this *.

4. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Sick of the sight of this chimp looking * making an * of himself nearly every game this season, * knows how he keeps starting

The Phoenix likes this.
  5. shieldsybhoy

Relegation zone in the English Championship is his level.

6. jambo_cfc

Absolutely hate this imposter !! Why he remined on that park today is beyond me !! Moi was getting into space and getting chances !! Christie was doing * all !!

7. wulliebad

I am more * that he gets a game no matter what,i would not be surprised to see him in the team sheet after we sell him.

martin_d likes this.
  8. Mr. Slippyfist

He can * off anaw, * think's he's zidane.

9. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    He's been surely only getting a game because of no (ahem) right winger?

Forrest gets 15 mins today, if this is him back, then it'll be telling how much longer we pretend to play Christie at right wing.

* useless out there and his ego is far too big to now be of any use to us.

Sooner he * off to Southampton or the likes and gets found out the * better.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

seanm likes this.
  10. Popes 11 Guest

Circles his own ego after he signed his extension with us! Offers absolutely nothing to the team since.

Peej likes this.
  11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

RYAN Christie last night confessed that every member of the Celtic squad is hurting after losing their Scottish title to Rangers – but insisted the Parkhead club can bounce back from the “blip”.

Christie and his team mates, who had been bidding to make Scottish football history in the 2020/21 campaign by completing 10-In-A-Row, were held to a 0-0 draw by Dundee United at Tannadice yesterday.

The result meant their Ibrox rivals, who are 20 points clear with six games remaining, were crowned Premiership champions without kicking a ball.

However, the Scotland playmaker is now determined to put the disappointment behind him by helping Celtic to win the Scottish Cup and then reclaim the league next term.

“Every player, not just me, at the club right now is hurting and wants to put things right,” he said. “Everybody has that champion’s mentality. That’s how we got to the position we have over the last four or five years.

“Everyone is desperate to have that feeling back again, so everyone has that hunger again. We went to put things right and come back.

“For me personally I’m not trying to be selfish. I’m just trying to go into every game and give my all. I’m trying to end the season as well as I possibly can. We have a cup to play for as well, so everybody is desperate to put on their best performance and win that.”

Christie added: “It’s obviously not how we wanted the season to go. We started the season looking to defend our title and we’re all gutted. But we can only look forward now. For us, we don’t see it as it being over, it’s just a blip and we want to come back even stronger and go again.

“I probably wouldn’t say it (the gap between Celtic and Rangers) is a fair reflection, although obviously I’m a bit biased. It probably just comes down to the amount of games where we have dominated and maybe not scored. And then we concede cheap goals at the other end and it comes down to fine margins.

“It’s obviously frustrating at this part of the season for there to be such a big points gap. There were a lot of places where we could have picked up more points.

“John Kennedy touched on that and is trying to get that mindset back. That’s what champions do. When you face a blip you face a blip. You bounce back from it and try to get back on top again. That’s the mentality we need, no doubt about that. Everyone is ready to bounce back.”

Christie admitted he is pleased that Celtic take on Rangers at Parkhead in their next game on Sunday week and still have the Scottish Cup, which they are bidding to win for a record fifth consecutive occasion, to play for.

He said: “I’ll just try to keep my own performances as high as they can be, try and create and score goals which is one of my main jobs in the team. Personally, that’s my target between now and the end of the season.

“We’re always critical of ourselves and we’ll be the first people to admit when performances haven’t been good enough. Today we haven’t got the three points, but it wasn’t down to a bad performances, it was just down to not taking chances. We look to bounce back and come back stronger.

“There is never a Glasgow derby when you don’t have a point to prove. We will be up for it because we are desperate to get a result against them this season. That’s what we will be looking to do. And that spurs us on to end of the season as best we can.

“The Scottish Cup is our trophy to defend and all the boys are desperate to do that. The boys were buzzing when they saw the news that it’s going to be played out this season. It’s a great opportunity for us to end the season on a high and we are looking to do that.”

Christie, who is out of contract in the summer of 2022, acknowledged that Celtic will have to be more clinical in the final third if they want to beat Rangers and win the Scottish Cup.

“It was a frustrating day,” he said. “Anybody who watched the game today would see we dominated from start to finish, but we just didn’t manage to have that final bit of quality in the final third so it was frustrating.

“We had 23 shots, 12 on target, so you come away wondering how you’ve not got on the scorehseet, especially keeping a clean sheet at the other end as well.

“We can take a lot of positives out of the performance because it’s a tough place to come. We’ve watched Dundee United and we know how well they can play. But we limited them to very few chances and created a lot ourselves. But we need to take those chances and we didn’t today.”

RogicHasMagicToes likes this.
  12. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Lying *, * off to your future at Charlton

13. James Gold Member Gold Member

Where would he get a move to do you think ? For me someone like Watford or Bournemouth can't see him moving to a premier league * swaggers about as if he is something give me Armstrong over him any day of the week

FranceCelt likes this.
  14. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
  15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    "For me personally I'm not trying to be selfish"

L O L..

Get this wee * * out the door pronto. I'm pig sick of seeing him lining up and hitting row z every week..

Rydo1888*, martin_d, Smithy and 4 others like this.
  16. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail

You might have had it before. You don't have it now and neither does this team.

17. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    I don't think he will get a move to England, he will go the way of Mackay-Steven.

18. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

He’ll move to England and we’ll get a decent fee for him as well.

I’ll add to that, that I’ll be delighted when he does.

martin_d likes this.
  19. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Personally think he could get a game for a top championship team, guy bugs me but the English championship not a great standard, guys like pukki, joey garner, Tyler Blackett , waghorn, Barrie McKay, shinnie windass and the likes have moved to the championship and held their own, as much as the wee cretin bugs me a still rate him slightly better than those guys

20. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Probably, never an EPL player though, not enough technical ability in possession