1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Odsonne Edouard

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by CelticKurd, Aug 31, 2017.

Discuss Odsonne Edouard in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. bigmac7288

On loan to buy for 7.5mil but Celtic paid 9 mil. Why would lawell pay 9 mil for a loan to buy set at 7.5mil??

2. Sin

Yeah but we didn't have to buy did we.

If he stunk the place out we wouldn't have paid the 9m!

3. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I don’t think it’s very likely we paid £9m with a sell on fee.

Hammy89 likes this.
  4. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Thats true but doesn’t change my point that he was a relatively unknown entity at the start of the loan to buy.

5. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    At the time he signed on loan, it was well reported that the buy clause was set at £9m.

I don’t know where you’re getting £7.5m from at all.

6. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    ...Unknown to whom? You and I?

He had lit up a youth tournament (U-18 Euros, maybe, from memory) just a year or two prior, and had come through the illustrious youth academy of one of the biggest clubs in Europe.

£9m for a relatively highly-rated PSG youth centre-forward is, at the very inside, par for the course.

The Rhian Brewster Liverpool-Sheff. Utd. move is similar, in some respects. He went for £23m.

Sin likes this.
  7. Sin

Sorry but you are just digging in here!

He was a talent, we had a loan to buy and he hit it out off the park!
    We bought him given what we seen, he was a player!

He wasn't an unknown! He was a talent before you seen him, you make it sound like he was some under 14 Sunday league player!

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

JOHN KENNEDY has warned there is no chance that Celtic will let Odsonne Edouard leave on the cheap.

The French striker has been linked with a cut-price £15million summer move to Leicester City.

Interim
    Hoops boss Kennedy said: “Yeah, that’s far too cheap for my liking.

"When he’s on his game, he’s the top striker in the country, without a shadow of a doubt.”

Edouard, 22, is about to enter the final year of his Celtic contract and won’t sign a new one.

But his former club PSG are due at least a 30 per cent cut of any fee paid for the hitman.

Kennedy added: “The financial perspective of this club is strong and there are some very clever people here.

“They know how the business side of football works inside out.

“When you have good players like Odsonne they will always attract attention, but ultimately, we want to make sure everything is right for us as well.

“We’ve put ourselves in a position where we can demand transfer fees.

Obviously, that’s down to what we’ve done in terms of either bringing players to the club or bringing them through.

“As you’ll have noticed, transfer fees have increased.

“The more you are able to develop good players then watch them succeed elsewhere, the more you can ask for.

“Other clubs realise that they’ll be getting a good product when they buy from us.

“You look at Virgil Van Dijk. When we sold him to Southampton for £13m it was a big fee, but what could he go for now?

“There have been others we’ve sold since then who have also done well. People know what they’re getting when they buy from us.

“That’s why we get good money for them and why clubs come straight to us now, rather than waiting to see how a player might do once we’ve sold him to Southampton or whoever.

“They’re coming to the party much earlier and we’re now at the level where we don’t have to sell cheaply.

“It’s about doing what’s best for the club, first and foremost, and then the player, so we’ll see what happens with that.”

9. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Digging in where lol

I said he was relatively unknown considering he is our record transfer fee, you said he wasn't unknown as we had him on loan, to which i says it doesn’t matter as the loan to buy fee is agreed prior to us being impressed.

My original point is i can’t see us having to pay PSG a sell on fee.

10. Sin

I honestly don't know the point you are making anymore!

As for the sell on fee..... We do that all the time when we sell players to teams in the EPL, so why the * wouldn't other teams do it to us?

Celtic have at least a 10% sell on clause included in all sales!

11. Onefootwonder

Every week the press are reporting that Edouard is leaving for a knockdown price. It's just journalists wanting to put the boot in and knock us.

12. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I think the 40% sell on is to make us look * too. Don't buy into their horseshit.

13. celtic warrior

Kennedy can say all he wants. Unless Eddie signs a new deal then for every day that passes, the less we can get for him

RiquelmeCSC likes this.
  14. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    15 million includes a 40+% sell on fee to PSG.

Steal of the century for Rodgers

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  15. Gurru 991

There is a long way to go on this deal. It isn't happening anytime soon anyway. Arsenal & W Ham are both interested so no way Leicester are going to steal him.

16. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    I'd rather he didn't sign for the rat but that's me just being extremely petty

Jeannie960 likes this.
  17. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Still don’t get the animosity towards BR, if the board were content on penny pinching in every department and wanted to progress the club he would still be here, they didn’t and we’re still paying the price for it. Team that’s stale as *, SC standards of fitness and a youth team on its *. People need to look closer to the club than a guy who left due to his vision of progression vs a boards desire to regress.

FrankMcCallum likes this.
  18. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    He would have left us for the premiership, any fan kidding themselves he would still be here need to look at reality. He also dumped us in February when he could have waited. That could have ruined our season.

19. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    He was also told recruitment was going to be none existent. People letting their hearts rule their heads in terms of expectation sadly.

20. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    The recruitment has been pretty non existent at Leicester too since he's been there. Don't kid yourself he was working his ticket as soon as the Invincible season was over