1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Cameron Harper..

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by McChiellini.., Apr 25, 2019.

Discuss Cameron Harper.. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. celtic warrior

Welp..... That's that done then.

2. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    Don't think we will miss the lad to be honest. Wish him all the best but at his age should be making a bigger impact.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  3. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Thats about what I figured.

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

https://www.newyorkredbulls.com/post/2021/03/26/record-cameron-harper-032621?autoplay=true

Cameron Harper has revealed his time at Celtic 'went sour' after he made his first-team breakthrough.

The youngster, who left the Parkhead club for New York Red Bulls, made his senior bow in a 1-1 draw with Hibs in January as 13 players were in isolation following Christopher Jullien's positive test from the trip to Dubai.

But after leading the line on that occasion he would never be seen in the first team again as he opted to leave Celtic and make the switch across the pond back to his homeland.

And the 19-year-old has opened up about his exit, admitting his time in Glasgow 'went sour' after he was sent back to the reserves following his debut.

Harper insists the pathway into the Red Bulls starting XI was ultimately the reason he left the Hoops and believes it's the best decision for him to develop as a player.

He told the New York Red Bulls' official website: "Obviously Celtic are in a bit of a rebuild because they haven’t been the best this year.

Some of the older guys are on the way out, but I felt like I developed really well there in three years and I felt like I learned a lot of things there, and got coached by some great coaches.

"But when I spoke to Red Bull and Kevin Thelwell, his plan for me fit exactly what I envisioned for me in the next few years of my career.

"My mom was on the Zoom call, my dad was on the Zoom call, and obviously they are a bit wiser than I am and they were giving me reasons why they thought it was a great idea.

"It felt right. It felt like they like young, dynamic players who are able to things further up the field and that’s what I think fits my style.

At Celtic, it can sometimes be hard to breakthrough.

"You only get so many chances, especially in a team that have to win every game, so when I spoke to Kev everything sounded good

At my age I need opportunities and they (New York) were very honest with me and said I would get my opportunity if I play well in training, and that’s all you can ask for.

"It’s really good for me. I was obviously with the first team for a little bit and then things went a little bit sour, so I was back in the reserves, but I’m happy to be back with the first-team in terms of high intensity training"

5. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    The lad didn't look good enough. Hope he does well though.

6. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Cameron Harper

sounds like a Presbyterian legal firm