1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Odsonne Edouard

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by CelticKurd, Aug 31, 2017.

Discuss Odsonne Edouard in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Gurru 991

This is a shabby newspaper making it up as it goes along. The window is months away & no deals will be done till then. It all will depend on how many clubs are in for him & how many of those he wants to go to. The paper talks about Celtic having a sell on clause with any buyer so they can sell for less & avoid paying PSG but most clauses have an expiry date included so in my opinion cash up front makes more sense

trackebhoy likes this.
  2. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I think his value will have dropped a fair amount, albeit £15m is taking the *.

Despite having a decent goal return this season, his all round game has been pretty dire. He looks sluggish.

Plus the fact he only has one year left on his deal. I can’t see us getting much more than £20m. Whereas a year ago we’d be wanting another £10-15m on top of that.

Cumbernauld Bhoy67 likes this.
  3. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Has to be something like a 30 or 40 percent sell on fee if we're selling him for £15. Even with one year left on his contract I was really hoping for £20 million + a 10/15 percent sell on.

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Leicester City believe they have won the race to sign Celtic striker Odsonne Edouard.

Sportsmail understands that the player has indicated he wants to join his former boss Brendan Rodgers at the King Power Stadium and a deal is close to being agreed for a fee of about £15million.

Rodgers took Edouard to Celtic from Paris Saint-Germain in 2017, initially on a season-long loan before signing him for £9m, and Leicester's manager sees the 23-year-old as the long-term replacement for veteran forward Jamie Vardy, 34

Edouard will have 12 months left on his contract this summer and that, as well as a sell-on fee of around 40 per cent owed to PSG, has driven down the price.

At one point Celtic had hoped to receive as much as £40m for the striker, who has scored 83 goals in four seasons.

It is said they will instead gamble on recouping a larger sum by negotiating a sizeable sell-on clause of their own.

Several clubs have courted the Frenchman — including Arsenal and Roma — but sources say Leicester will be his next destination.

The Foxes' head of recruitment, Lee Congerton, knows the player well having negotiated the deal to take him to Celtic when employed in the same position by the Scottish club.

5. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

£15m is a joke but then we should've sold him last summer if we wanted big money. Another * up from the board, could've sold Eddie for £20m and got Toney for >£10m but that obsession with 10IAR has * us...

Moore and The Dude like this.
  6. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Fans would have been * off we'd sold Eddy to be fair. The board have done a lot wrong in recent years but waiting on selling Eddy I'm not going to Croasdale
    I'm still sceptical about a 40% sell on, it may be true but I don't think we would have paid £9m to have that in there.

7. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

No chance was Eddy getting sold last summer. Can you imagine the uproar if we did? Shouts like this are easy now the 10s gone but keeping him last summer with the possibility of getting a low transfer fee this summer was the right thing to do.

8. Foley1888

Being honest see before COVID came in, I never thought he would be here this season. Last year was his real breakthrough year and I thought someone would have come in and paid the £30mish it would have probably taken to get him then. 10 in a row or not it was how we operated, I think COVID changed all that as the likes of Leicester didn’t spend an awful lot and with Villa already signing Watkins. It is likely that level that will be interested.

To say a deal is being done for £15m, would suggest there would need to be some other incentive involved whether it’s performance related bonuses; a big % of sell on or possibly just further instalments over time. The only way that’s true is if all the speculation about links for him are nonsense and it’s the only offer on the table even still EPL will have their crowds back for next year and Leicester could have CL football so they won’t be short of cash.

9. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    £15m is less than I would’ve hoped for even after the * season he’s had, with only one year to go on his contract.

10. The Dude

The fact that the Daily Mail has reported that figure proves nothing.

If one is to believe that report, the club has agreed a deal, months in advance of the transfer window, which will see it break even on its record signing. That is an unlikely scenario, to say the least.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
    Mince.Charming likes this.
  11. DonnyCelt

£15m ffs. Thought even with covid we'd have got more than that.

12. Sin

I wonder if we are actually being smart here, sell him for 15m and we have to give PSG 30-40%.

In 2 years or so Eddie moves on again for maybe 60m, and we are the ones then getting 30-40% with a large sell on clause?

It certainly makes sense with a bit of risk involved.
    Even if we got 20m for him now we only get maybe 12-14m of that.
    He does well at Leicester and moves for 60m and we get 18-20m of that. Which would be that we got 30m in total for the Eddie transfer.

13. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

No chance we were paying £9m and agreeing to a, 40% sell on..

It would mean only a £3m profit, so ultimately a loss when you factor in wages. No chance PL would have an anyurism.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
    Peej likes this.
  14. ApartPidgeon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I could see 40% of profit so 8f he goes for £15 Million that would be £2,400,000 to PSG

15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Weighing everything up, I think between Dembele money at 19 to 20 mill is fair....even with only a year left of his contract..

He really has * us up though. Should be talking double that if he actually turned up and put 100% in to this season. Obviously wouldn't sign a new deal so we could get a better fee for him either, even during month's of no football in a lockdown..

Would sum him up if he joined the rat at Leicester. He's displayed a few of his vermin characteristics this year..

16. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Still not buying the 30-40% sell on to psg.
    It just doesn't make any sense at all.

But that aside, the current valuation of Édouard and others at the club is yet another failure of this season.

He really should have been convinced to sign a new deal before this season started, but it get sometimes that's hard to do.

£15-20million is really going to be our limit here, sell on to psg or not.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

17. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    £15 million pmsl aye no bother we got £11 million for Frimpong * sake

18. celtic warrior

* it if he goes to Leicester. He's *.

He won't be starting ahead of Vardy, * is still the messiah there, places like Leicester and spurs make no sense to join as just two examples because their main strikers aren't getting dropped.

Mind you, Eddie could smash it with * like Maddison, Barnes, Castagne and the likes supporting him.

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

20. celtic warrior

:56::56::56::56:for a second there, it took so long to load I thought it was gonna be an announcement he's signed a pre contract with some random club.

Jesus christ. I need serious psychological help