1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Online gaming issues

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by paulmcq1888, Mar 1, 2021.

Discuss Online gaming issues in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. paulmcq1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgeady, donati, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Hoping someone will have some idea whats going on and be able to help please.

My broadband used to be with sky but the connection for playing online was never stable wouldve got kicked from games randomly etc but it never lagged when on it played smoothly.

Changed to bt because of this and going by speed tests the speed is far faster than sky (always over 50mbps) and the ping is around 30ms however every single game i play i always lag like * I've contacted them and them and they say everythings good the connection the line etc etc the only thing they've done is changed the WiFi channel which hasn't made a difference. I've tried everything changing the frequency, resetting router etc and I'm totally stumped as to why this is happening.

I haven't used an Ethernet cable because its not really viable for me to run one from the hall to living room but it wasn't an issue playing wirelessly before so don't see why it would be now. The signal strength is 100%.

I've also had everything else in the house disconnected and tried playing but same issue so it can't be a bandwidth problem either.

Would really appreciate if someone could give me any idea of how to go about fixing this

2. honda Gold Member Gold Member

My signal strength for warzone was 100% and the WiFi box sat on top of the xbox.. litterly. It would still lag and bounce around like an *. Really just stick a cable in. Use the powerline adaptors so there's no wiring to be done.

Fixed me and I was on the 500mb package lol

3. paulmcq1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgeady, donati, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Happens on fifa too and didn't happen previously with sky but seems like thats the only option left i may bite the bullet lol. Cheers pal.

4. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Pain in the * but with powerline adaptors you just plug it into the plug and out the other end where the computer is so no wiring.

paulmcq1888 likes this.
  5. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    How far is your router from your console/pc?