1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CountyDownFaithful

Agree with that. It seems you’ve made the assumption that I was referring to parking the bus when I said we need to have a good defensive foundation. That’s not the case at all.

seanm likes this.
  2. jambo_cfc

Its a winde up of you look at the tick for the verfied account its a seven instead of a tick

JC Anton likes this.
  3. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    You think he would go defensive at home to Hamilton as Celtic manager?

4. Jmac402

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    This article was published only 4 days ago and Clarke gave no indication of being averse to other opportunties should they arise. Furthermore, if a manager doesn’t fancy a job or they feel it would be a definite no-no for them, then usually they would come out publicly and categorically say so and it would be common knowledge; there hasn’t been anything like that from Clarke.

https://www.67hailhail.com/news/history-making-steve-clarke-discusses-future-amid-celtic-link/

5. The Dude

Yes, there has. Clarke has made it clear that he has no intention of ever managing either Celtic or Rangers because of the bigotry associated with the rivalry between the two clubs.

Dalbeth3, The_Bhoy and Leone Naka Fan like this.
  6. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    He said something along those lines in a heat of the moment PC after sustaining sectarian abuse for 90+ mins at Ibrox, he 100% turned down the Sevco job as he's on record as saying that, but I don't think he's ever been offered the Celtic job & turned it down.

seanm likes this.
  7. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    I think we've turned him down. I'm sure he applied when BR got it

8. davidhannah

Steve Clarke is a national hero. If he has any sense he would turn down the Celtic job if offered. We'll destroy him. We'd tear him to shreds not long after a disastrous early exit to Nomad FC in the qualifiers, whether he had time to settle in or not! If we are behind Rangers, the moans and groans from every misplaced pass and the vitriol towards him will be inescapable. The guy should stick with Scotland. I don't think his football style is fitted to Celtic and at the first misplaced pass that'll become a problem. He's done great things with players lacking finesse. He's taken his defensive, Killie style and by some kind of miracle got us to the Euros. That's all that matters. Who knows what we can achieve at the Euros. Especially when we come up against the English at Wembley stadium. We'll take over Trafalgar Square while we are it, covid or no covid. Its happening.

Steve Clarke should tell us no. He will destroy his reputation or he could take Scotland to the first world cup in a generation, his reputation as national hero cemented in history.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
    Dalbeth3 likes this.
  9. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

I said on here months ago our board would be looking at a cheap option of Clarke and still feel they will. Its not a good move for us , if you think even yesterdays game against the Sheep was a bore, then get used to it if Clarke came in.
    Whats this National Hero stuff!!! ?? A semi Final and Final win on penalties to get there and thats after failing in the groups. Hopefully he is true to his word and turns us down if our inept board go for him

seanm likes this.
  10. john2061

Clarke or * forbid Kennedy getting appointed then the board haven't learned from the Lennon appointment and expect to play second fiddle to a zombie side for a few years to come .
    We need to question Desmond's ambitions for the club he knew how much this season meant to the supporters and we could have pushed the boat out a bit more in the transfer market at the start of the season .

11. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Scotland will probably lose all their games in the Euros and he will be destroyed anyway.

12. Bhoy0593

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    If we had any ambition, I would love to see Howe get the job. Build a philosophy right the way through the club with a new sporting director. Good forward thinking manager.

davidhannah likes this.
  13. Sgt Neppers*

The choice of DoF will tell us a lot about who the new head coach will be. I hope this announced asap. We're wasting time for the next season already.

Bhoy0593 likes this.
  14. Bonobhoy

Get Clarke to *.

thailandceltic likes this.
  15. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
  16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Is there any actual link or just a punter throwing his name to him?

Would make some sort of sense if Harkins comes in and the City connection..

17. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Not sure mate.. I'd say just some punter asking because hes been mentioned on another Celtic site.. cant see any links to him and the Celtic job.. Balague thinks highly of him anyway..

McChiellini.. likes this.
  18. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Seems to be a lot of chatter about him on the Celtic site with 3 letters... looks like some rag might of mentioned him.. @McGuire

McChiellini.. likes this.
  19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Interesting mate, cheers :50:

thailandceltic likes this.
  20. davidhannah

I think Roy Keane will be the front runner in Desmond's head. Desmond offered him the job before when he had next to zero football management experience. Since then he's been to the Euros with Ireland as coach. and states he wants to get back into management.

I'm not saying he's the right choice he'd be a shot in the dark. I've no idea what type of manager he'd be like. Probably hair dryer treatment and no nonsense. Which modern day footballers don't like.

Roy Keane and randomly Shevchenko have Desmond connections. It wouldn't surprise me one bit for that reason I say they are the front runners.