1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Cairngorms recreated in Minecraft

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Callum McGregor, Feb 26, 2021.

Discuss Cairngorms recreated in Minecraft in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-56197147

"The Cairngorms' landscape has been recreated in the video game Minecraft to help young people understand how to run a national park.

The virtual world, in which players can build anything using blocks, covers all 1,700 sq miles (4,402 sq km) of the park, which includes parts of Highland, Moray, Aberdeenshire and Perthshire.

The settlements have been stripped out and members of the Cairngorms Youth Action Team are being asked to build new communities.

It is designed to get them thinking about how planning decisions are taken.

But it is fair to say that the team are not taking it totally seriously.

Sixteen-year-old Campbell from Aviemore says he has been constructing a hill fort at the top of Cairn Gorm, one of the UK's tallest mountains.

He explains: "It doesn't get the temperature across very well but it gets the landscape.

"We've been up the Cairngorms and seen the corries. The Lairig Ghru's quite recognisable.

"It's as realistic as it can be. You know what area you're in by the different types of trees and if there are trees or not."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

cidermaster likes this.
  2. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

Thats actually amazing how theyve done that. Would be more interested to see how it was developed from start to finish.

3. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    That's pretty cool.

Favourite part of the country for me. Loved it up there camping at glen etive

4. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Yes very cool. An amazing area where I have had such countless great times:49:

5. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Having played this with my daughter a few times and seeing how long it takes to build a modest house, that is mighty impressive :giggle1:

6. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    That is literally amazing. I get all proud of my boys for building a water tower ffs. :56: