1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by hkbhoy, May 15, 2007.

Discuss Scott Brown in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Where to even start with this.

2. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Well it’s not a laughable comparison though is it? Ajax, Barca etc regularly hand coaching roles to former players. Just because our structure isn’t as successful as theirs doesn’t take away from the fact that they employ ex players in coaching roles.

Hammy89 likes this.
  3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

4. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Now Broony is to * off?

You’re an angry wee hobbit aren’t you?

McChiellini.. likes this.
  5. Bunk Moreland

Well you obviously can't so why even bother posting since you're contributing absolutely * all to the argument?

6. celtic warrior

Brown was a hero to me, equal to Lennon.

But I'm * off with * talking a good talk and promising reactions and performances.... Only for it to mean performances get worse.

So yes. I'm a angry hobbit

7. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    I'd say Broony was a much bigger legend than Lennon, even before all this *.
    Club Legend - Scott Brown
    Club Icon - Neil Lennon

Would like to see Broony working with the youth like he was at the start od BR's tenior. But not the 1st team, whole new coaching team hopefully!

8. celtic warrior

That's a bold statement, Brown did captained us through a quadruple treble one of which was invincible. Lennon captained us to a European final.

9. Yoshi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Andreas Thom
    Lennon did not captain us towards or in a European final

Infact I do not ever recall him being captain whatsoever under MON even with players out Injured. Must of been 4th/5th choice

Only became captain under Strachan in 05/06 after McNamara left that summer

10. celtic warrior

Fair do slipped my mind.

Memory is bad in my old age.... Says a 33 year old

11. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    So what about the players over time who have credited their youth coaches with being integral to their overall success?

12. Bunk Moreland

Probably the ones who are no longer youth coaches. When have you ever heard of teams poaching these fabled top youth coaches from other teams for big money? Never? There's a reason for that. It's because they don't exist, youth management is just a stepping stone into proper management.

13. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Not necessarily, there are coaches who work within the youth system of a club for a long time.
    Again, not necessarily. Of course it's a place where a lot of coaches start, but there are plenty who remain with a club's youth system for considerable amounts of time and are valued by the club, plus even the coaches who move on, many of them still deal with relatively young players and are part of their development. I don't think it's accurate at all to say there aren't any good youth coaches.

14. Bunk Moreland

Name them and name all the players they've brought through under their stewardship. Name the big clubs that have headhunted them because of their reputation and built their youth set up around them. There isn't even one.

OK maybe maybe there is "good" youth coaches in the fact they do a good job and are respected at their club, but there's no stand out elite-type youth coaches. And back to the argument in hand that started this bollocks, none worth sacking Darren O'Dea and Stephen McManus to bring in.

15. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I don't get this hatred for Broony all of a sudden. Tis thread isn't called Scott Brown -the legend for nothing. The guys been run into the ground by an inept manager who couldn't or refused to see what was happening before him. If NL had played him sparingly then he might have had more fuel in the tank

broonieboy likes this.
  16. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    It's not a hatred for him, it's a dislike for the potential job offer we are all worrying is about to happen.

Scott Brown as a coach - as an idea, can * off.
    That's not to say he isn't encouraged to be one and be hopefully a successful one in later years for us, but just "* off" with any idea of it being his first coaching job with us, just because he is Scott Brown.

Guys rightfully a Legend, no one is telling him personally to * off.
    It is an aside note that clearly he is also done at this level for a player, so yeah * off to offering him a new contract as well.

But it is NOT hate towards him.

Noskeil and JamesM09 like this.
  17. JamesM09

Hatred is a bit much but I think for a lot of people it just feels like he represents the jobs for the boys mentality which has caused this club to stagnate so badly and blow out best opportunity to win 10IAR.

It felt like he shirked his responsibilities as a leader this season so he could back his pal and get himself a bit more game time and potentially another season. Obviously we don’t know the whole story but that’s the way it’s come across for many.

Either way, he should be let go from the club. If he proves himself as a coach he can come back on merit. We can’t have the same people at the club too long, it’s just not healthy.

Noskeil and Peej like this.
  18. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

There's no real argument. You made a * nonsensical point, just like you did in the Kennedy thread, got challenged on it and threw your toys out the pram immediately.

Stop being a * and maybe people can have a civil debate with you.

murphy88 likes this.
  19. Bunk Moreland

Again you're talking * and adding nothing

20. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

You've already backtracked.

Started by saying there's no great youth coaches. Now saying there actually is "good" ones but none that are elite.

Noticed you saying you're sick of arguing with morons. You appear to be the common denominator here.

murphy88 likes this.