1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McKagan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ralston
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go home ya huns
    Don't know why people are still speculating tbh, is it not generally accepted already that it'll be Fergal Harkin + a Head Coach - one of Maresca/Duff/Maloney? Sick of seeing folk moaning about * that aren't even in contention at all imo - Clarke, Kennedy et al - and suggesting all these guys from the Bundesliga/Slavia etc etc - never gonna happen

2. Al Bootyerbaws

3. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I think he could be a great appointment but after last night's result (beat Leicester 2-0 away) and his domestic record he must be on the radar of clubs in bigger league's than ours.

4. celtic warrior

Who da fuq is Harkin btw?

5. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

No. Why would it be generally accepted given it all stems from a WhatsApp rumour?

It might be true but it’s nothing but complete speculation at the moment.

ArturBorucCSC likes this.
  6. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Just what I was thinking so I googled him this morning - head of Man City's loans dept which is apparently quite a big operation and means he'll have a lot of contacts and info about young players. Worked at Nike for a while as well.

7. ArturBorucCSC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    Calling it now: Fergal Harkin DOF, Maresca head coach, Maloney as assistant, Duff back as a coach :34:

8. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Duff won't move away from Ireland

9. celtic warrior

It's ok, he take gavin's job and do it remotely and be on zoom at the dugout every game.

SwissCelt and Mickmac like this.
  10. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    I hope you are right, but I thought they were aware of how bad things were going with Lennon in October and they still sat on their hands until it was too late.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

11. celtic warrior

The board and hopefully, the new CEO will not want to be seen straight away as doing * all after the season we've just had.

Any further * about will ruin whatever hope fans have that things will change for thr better the second its potentially showing that the new CEO will be just as divisive as Lawwell. Revenue will * crash as a result and they can blame covid all they want, everyone * knows it will all be down to the * ups they allowed to happen that cost the 10

12. celtic warrior

The one thing celtic fans have going for them unlike big money leagues is that fan revenue is critical to the business.

I mean off course fan revenue is still important to big clubs but I don't think it's as vital as it still is to celtic. Tv money, advertising, sponsorships all of that madness for big money leagues probably accounts for most of a clubs revenue.

The same, I don't think can be said of clubs like celtic, the board will be wrll aware of that fact surely and will hopefully do all they can to tempt us in spunking away tons of cash back into the club.

AdamRS likes this.
  13. McKagan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ralston
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go home ya huns
    Stems only from following celtic and having a good idea how they operate, it's the only direction that (they'll claim at least) makes sense/is feasible at the moment

14. TheHappyLoss

Hopefully as good a manager as we can get, don’t settle for less. However would like to see Roy Keane on the coaching staff just to hook that smug high pitched scouse * across the city.

15. SuperZidane

I agree - I certainly don't think they'll try and fob us off with Kennedy no matter how well he does. Nor do I expect a Rodgers style appointment (although I would love Eddie Howe).

If it's not going to be Howe/Lampard/Martinez (any of whom would amaze me) - as you say, I'd as soon go for a young continental manager and shake things up as opposed to someone who is past their best and looking for a pay day.

16. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    That's Moyes snubbed us again without even being linked :56:

17. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    See when it comes to guys like Lambert and Moyes - you'd think the media at least will stop asking them.
    I am fairly sure both have been approached in the past by Celtic, but I hazard a guess they have made their feelings clear to the club and have likely never been approached since.
    Yet the media keep forever linking and asking them. They must be sick of it by now.

18. celtic warrior

On a side note, it's funny what can change in the space of a year and I'd have taken him now given thr job he seems to be doing with West ham.

Seems like he's possibly found his level and rejuvenated his career.

19. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Well they’ve drawn Rangers so we’ll see how good he is.

20. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Theres an account on twitter rumoured to be that of Dermott Desmonds son (unconfirmed). Its been hinting towards Jindrich Trpisovsky more and more. Id imagine theres a few looking at him at the moment.