1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Jeremie Frimpong

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by MickeyyMack, Sep 2, 2019.

Discuss Jeremie Frimpong in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    2 weeks of professional coaching and he can actually cross a shot. Just shows what would have been possible with a proper coaching team and not Desmond's mate.

Dan Breen and AdamRS like this.
  2. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Theyve also conceded alot of goals since he's came into the team. Maybe they did before as well as I can't say I was paying much attention to their results before

3. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    Haha they are known to be bottlers tbf :biggrin: And he played as a winger in the EL so he hasn't got the same defensive duties. Even though they lost he was solid tonight and a lot of attacks came from his side.

4. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Oh my days, looks like he's went from one disaster to another, lol.

Heard a euro expert talk about the EL draw on Friday said whilst it was a good win for YB they were playing a * of a club.

5. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Starting to think he's a jinxing wee basturt

dbhoy72 and littlekennie like this.
  6. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Subbed on and off haha wit

7. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    He got injured

The_Bhoy likes this.
  8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    The bitterness in here is embarrassing..

9. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Ah that’s a * just as he was getting a run of games together. Surprised he’s been thrown straight in to be fair, thought he might of only started playing next season

10. Conlon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Past - Henrik .... Present - Who knows
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing... among others
    aw thats a lennon move, sign a player and bench them for the forseeable untill yer desperate

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Former defender Jeremie Frimpong insists Celtic's failed 10 In A Row bid is "normal" because they "can't win everything".

The former Manchester City youth moved to the Bayer Leverkusen in January for a fee of £11.5million with the club well off the pace in the Premiership title race.

St Johnstone's League Cup win brings to an end the Hoops' dominance of silverware, with Rangers looking destined to reclaim the Premiership trophy for the first time in a decade.

This has led to boss Neil Lennon resigning his post as the club look to spark a significant rebuild with incoming chief executive Dominic McKay arriving with a new boss.

Frimpong, speaking at a press conference for the Bundesliga side, believes there has been an overreaction to the sides struggles this term and glory periods always have to come to an end.

He said: “I think in football, obviously Celtic in previous years they always win, but there was always going to be a point where they can’t win everything, so there was always going to have to be a time where they have to lose.

So the criticism Neil Lennon was getting was a bit over the top, because in football, it’s normal.

I feel like at Celtic, the fans they were so used to winning that when they started going down they didn’t know how to feel about it, but it’s normal to feel like that.”

During his time at Celtic Park, the full-back lifted two Premiership titles alongside two League Cup and Betfred Cup victories.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
  12. James Gold Member Gold Member

Confirms what we already knew nobody in the dressing room understood the importance of this season. "Can't win everything" absolute pish mentality to have

Mr Shelby, The Dude, Keano88 and 7 others like this.
  13. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Don’t like how he’s talking past tense as if he wasn’t a part of the losing season.

Players not connected to the club don’t understand the significance of the 10, or the rivalry.

However it’s a * question to be asked at your new club, because he’s hardly going to tell the truth regarding failure and Lennon.

Peej likes this.
  14. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Too many players must have allowed this mentality to creep in...that it’s okay to lose. To get to the top it never is okay to lose. Do you think Ronaldo thinks “we can’t win everything”.

15. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    I liked him but agree with the above. That mentality is poor and I go as far to argue that that it has been accepted by many in the changing room. IMO it’s worse than i thought if this is the attitude being harboured.
    Huns McGregor was raging coz his team drew against Hamilton a few weeks back. You could see he was due to punch some of his teammates. We don’t have much of that passion now. Even broon I don’t think can be arsed anymore.
    I see Ajer trying to give it big licks but he needs help. Too many with the ach well we got beat attitude and it spreads like wildfire.
    From our current squad, how many could we name that have that passion? Unfortunately not many. I’m actually struggling to think of 3!! Bad state of affairs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The_Bhoy likes this.
  16. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Could see from the start of the season his attitude was lacking, him and plenty others are just as culpable for this season as the ex manager. Or almost as culpable. Couldn't wait to * off so do us a favour wee man, stay * off

Sonic Reducer likes this.
  17. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    Not surprised tbh

Lennon had installed a far less professional environment - giving them days off, letting them eat what they want, the infamous jolly to Dubai etc.

No wonder they don't care.

Keano88, RiquelmeCSC and Peej like this.
  18. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    Nevermind this season that's an extremely poor attitude at anytime for any club.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  19. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Our McGregor was visibly getting * off in interviews after games . Seemed to be more aimed at the coaching staff mind you

20. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Thank * he's away....not the attitude needed for a Celtic player.

LOOSER.

Garrymac1888 likes this.