1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

John Kennedy

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by LectersLuncheon, May 15, 2016.

Discuss John Kennedy in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. singer61

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa
    Kennedy should have had the balls to walk with lennon ,they were a team so he should went as well.
    It shows he hadn't played a lot of senior games. His and lennons tactics were poor this season

2. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Good luck to him I hope he does well. I also hope he gets a decent job somewhere next season and starts building a positive reputation. Meanwhile we acquire a head coach who already has a good reputation that can come in and raise our levels again.

All the best big JFK.

3. Bunk Moreland

Don't be so optimistic when you rate your posts :56:1.5 at a push

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

5. murphy88

Have a good night mate.

6. Bunk Moreland

You too mate

7. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    He can talk a good game. I honestly think if the players start turning over teams with ease and beat Sevco in the derby game. Then they have most definitely downed tools under NL.

I hope they do turn it around and win the remaining games as it will allow John Kennedy to leave Celtic and build his career in management and you never know maybe one day he'll manage us on a permanent basis.

8. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    The problem for Kennedy is that's its a lose lose situation for him. Totally change the team, formation from Lennon & win games he will be called a sleekit *. lose games & he will be a * coach/manager.

9. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    This gives me the fear its eerily similar to lennons wheb rodgers left

cat123 likes this.
  10. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    If he does well he may get the job.

Sevco may lie down so that he does...

11. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Please good no

12. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    If JK ends this season well and beats them twice...I'd bet he'd get the job.

Knowing how sleeket the Huns are ,this is possible...and our Muppets fall for their slyness all the time.

13. StevieBhoooy!

I dislike how Kennedy is treated like some sort of immovable fixture at Celtic now... he should be away as well and the fear now is that he somehow gets the job permanently - showers may or may not be involved...

While he is interim manager he has just 2 tasks for me...

Beat the Huns (once will do) to end their invincible hopes..

and

Assuming it goes ahead.... win the Scottish cup or at least make sure Sevco DONT win it.

Then he can fckk off !

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

15. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

That quote "The club has asked me to step in and take charge of the team which I’m more than happy to do. But ultimately it’s not about me, it’s about doing the right thing for both the team and the club." Sounds like a dig at Lennon. Won’t be. But it’s pretty relevant.

16. oh bhoy

the football was so bad under lennon any change is gonna seem positive,he hasnt got any wingers to change the formation to a 4231 as my guess hed change back to what brought us the most sucess so he stuck with the diamond midfield and if actually plays 2 strikers instead of christie or elyounoussi again is gonna seem positive .said many times a competent manager would of had us top of the league all jk needs to is cut out all the * up decisions lennon made in starting line ups and subs.he could do a brilliant job but i dont think it matters what he does now as nothing but a top manager with a fantastic reputation is gonna get fans onside,it may well had been different if he had got a shot at it in november

17. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

There was a couple of things that could be interpreted as fly digs at Lennon in what he said imo but ultimately hes just tellling truth.

He speaks well and doesnt pick his teeth during interviews so it’s a instant upgrade:giggle1:

18. jambo_cfc

People seem to speak really highly of him! Still dread he will get it tho ! I do believe any input he had lennon would have ignored ! Maybe why he sat with his face tripping him ! Also he seemed to be quite vocal and sctive in training in the session yesterday unlike when you seen videos of lennon who just stood there! Is it that he actually is a good coach and has had his hands tied ? Or are celtic bein cute with what they show and trying to get us fans thinking he is the way forward ?

19. TheHappyLoss

Be some laugh if he brings back Duffy, plays Broony and plays Christie just off Eddie :54:

20. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    No one actually knows how good Kennedy is or isn't so people saying he should of gone with Lennon are miles off it to be honest, as a coach you do what the manager tells you and if the manager is telling you he aint doing shape or any analysis then really a coach is restricted to 1v1 work or maybe even less, I imagine Kennedy will be quite a good coach considering most people only have good things to say about him.

Absolutely do not want him to get the job even if he does well because we need to be aiming as high as possible and Kennedy for me at the moment doesn't have the reputation to pull the players we need, maybe best if he goes off and has a crack at managing another team once his interim period here is over, either way hopefully he cheers up on the touchline over the coming weeks and does well.