1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ddub11

Fair enough,so whats Brown talking about taking a share of the blame?

The coacing/tactics are not down to players so thats not his fault,all they can be responsible for is their attitude.So if hes saying the players are partly responsible we can only persume hes talking about the effort they put in.

Its either lennons fault or lennons and the team,if Browns claiming the players are partly to blame then what part are they responsible ?for if not their attitude/approach because its not the tactics.

They dont lose their ability over night and if your saying its down to lennon fair enough(i agree)but if thats the case Brown shouldnt be saying the players are to Blame.

2. scootz

I genuinely don’t think that the likes of Ntcham, Eddie, Laxalt, Ajeti... give 2 * about the club or it’s history. They all look like they play for themselves.

I’m also suspicious about the likes of Christie, Ely, and a few others. Decent enough players, but not who you’d want in the trenches beside you.

Throw in losing Forrest, Bolingoli being a prize *, the unmitigated disaster that was Duffy, the immaturity of Griff... and you have all the ingredients you need for a first class *-sandwich! Lennys ‘agricultural’ management was just a component part of a MUCH bigger problem.

3. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

Of course Brown is going to come out and say the players are partially to blame. He is defending his mate. Brown was one player that was badly struggling but Lennon kept playing him until Soro and Turnbull came in and out form changed for the better. Note he says partly, that's an admittance that Lennon wasn't doing it.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    AdamRS likes this.
  4. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

Agree there are bigger problems at the club, Lawell being the biggest. If these players were not trying why were they constantly picked ? Lennon kept selecting them. Players don't just down tools and stop trying for the * of it, not when tv cameras are on you with millions watching. I agree there has something been going on behind the scenes, even the players body language before games was telling us that, post match interviews especially with Calmac was telling something was wrong.Becoming unmotivated, disheartened, even disillusioned can affect them when things are not going well, not understanding tactics setup etc but to go on the field of play and to not delibrately try is hard to do.

seanm likes this.
  5. seanm

Great post.HH

Smithy, TonyTim and Breathnach67 like this.
  6. JamesM09

Brown has plenty to say now, wonder why he didn’t pipe up as the season fell apart and pretty much every player became disillusioned with the management at the same time.

Oh yeah, because Lennon is Browns pal and he was giving him game time.

AdamRS likes this.
  7. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Brown needs reminded of the red card embarrassment at Livi and the penalty against hibs

Sonic Reducer likes this.
  8. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain

I don’t believe he is saying they stopped trying. I believe Brown was Lenny’s right arm in the dressing room and one of the few players he could trust. Add into it McGregor and maybe a few others. I believe Brown is calling out the players who downed tools and wouldn’t follow Lennon’s lead. I also don’t think Brown has any blame in all this and was doing his best to bridge the gap between both parties. Difficult role even for a club captain.

9. ddub11

His words were "as players we have to take responsibility"so i guess he includes himself.

I get what your saying but if he is calling out players why not say they instead of we?My point is if he is saying they are responsible,then they have done something wrong.

So as players what can they do wrong that is their fault/doing?its not tactics as thats down to lennon so it can only be what they doing or not doing on the pitch and they dont become bad players over night who cant carry out instructions so imo it boils down to putting in an effort.

As athletes they would have a desire to win either way but its all about going the extra mile ,digging deeper,putting in the extra effort,imo our players stopped doing that(eddie for example)and i think thats what brown was saying.

packybhoy likes this.
  10. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Thinking about it the day, if we are to do 10 IAR I will be 40 odd. Depressing, so disappointed in him it is unreal.

11. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Old pals act

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk

ddub11 likes this.
  12. Yoshi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Andreas Thom
    Gave his life?

I must of missed his funeral.

If Martin o Neil was the huns manager he would of probably gone there as well

Rodgers gets a hard time for not being a true Celtic man (understandable) , this fraudster is the exact same, infact probably worse

Tried whoring himself to England for a good year first time around and treated the fans with utter contempt this year

I have even started to doubt did McCoist even say anything bad to him 10years ago? Man is full of *.

In conclusion, * him.

13. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    * all football players and managers...
    They're all in it for the coin and couldn't give two * about the paying public.

The lot of them are vultures who speak utter *.

14. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I think you are reading far too much into that statement. If you look at what pretty much all players say to the media after any manager is sacked it's almost word for word what Brown said. It'll probably have been scripted for him.

15. ddub11

ye they all say it and their never questioned on it.Maybe some journalists should ask them would they like to elaborate when they say it,

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

17. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Jesus :99:

18. Bunk Moreland

A lot of truth in there, but also a lot of pish.

SuperZidane likes this.
  19. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    As some have said previously and like the saying, birthday card pish.

He's been a * manager really, he got lucky with Park finding some good uns, but he's the king of the bottlers.

Ross Cty in a sf, cup - pumped
    Killie in final - pumped, sure it was the chance of a treble.
    ICT - pumped, lost league
    This season in a whole, embarrassing.

Even his successes since returning, league that was already won, last year title called early, that Hearts final, embarrassing.

Loved him as a player, but not a manager for me, when he got the job said he couldn't be trusted to see the 10 through.

SwissCelt, The Dude and The Phoenix like this.
  20. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    They don't care, they just want the soundbite for their headline. It means they can then regurgitate their last sacked manager story and simply change the names.

ddub11 likes this.