1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Dude

The first part is a more honest assessment than some that I have seen, to be fair.

Anyway, * him.

seanm and King of Kings like this.
  2. Morcombe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo, Jota, Abada, Taylor, McGregor, the whole team!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing, This Land is Your land, Over & Over, Green, White & Gold, Hampden in the Sun, E
    thanks for the treble treble and quadruple treble Neil, hope you can find some piece now. you should have resigned 5 months ago but you were too arrogant and its ruined your legacy with some.

Slaw likes this.
  3. Bonobhoy

They downed tools because they didnt like/trust/believe in Lennon....that alone is a disgrace.

Regardless of whether you like your manager or not,you have a job to do and you * do it or you are out.

Even if lennon set them up wrong it does not excuse their constant poor play.
    Players cant even tackle,head a * ball or do a pass 5 ft in front of them,thats the basics of football and they are a disgrace to the game

Lawell is gone,Lennon is gone....Now a majority of these players have to go,along with Desmond/Kennedy/Strachan and co.

Complete wipe and rebuild.

Any * supporting these players outside Turnbull and Soro (who at least fought every game they played in) need to have a look at themselves

seanm likes this.
  4. johnboy19

Fav Celtic Player:
    Billy McNeil and Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song and The Celtic Symphony
    All the best for the future Lenny, but you still should have left 4/5 months ago.
    GBNL

NakamuraTastic, Noskeil and Morcombe like this.
  5. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Don’t see anything wrong with that.

Noskeil likes this.
  6. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

To clarify some misinformation posted in the thread there are no fees required to become a member of The Celtic Trust, if you are an existing shareholder of the PLC.

You can proxy your voting rights to the Trust, free of charge and retain all ownership & dividend rights and withdraw the proxy at any time.

Given that 19% of the PLC shares are owned by Celtic supporters, this action would immediately give the fans a collective say without any financial implications to themselves.

For those that are not current shareholders and who are not in a financial position to commit to any Direct Debit, there would be no request from anyone to join. Your own financial security takes priority above all else.

Signing up for a Direct Debit is voluntary and is used to fund the purchase of shares to be owned by The Celtic Trust itself. The shareholding is very small in the grand scheme of things and unlikely to change in short to medium-term unless there was a huge uptake in Direct Debits.

The key immediate priority is to unite existing shareholders and to begin to have a say in how the PLC is ran.

NakamuraTastic and JC Anton like this.
  7. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I see nothing wrong with what he has said.

8. seanm

Ajer has been brilliant.too goodfor us.HH

9. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

The relief seeing this in the ex players thread.

Rydo1888* and Garrymac1888 like this.
  10. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Ex players........delicious.

Bobo_ likes this.
  11. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    Neil Harris (a Millwall legend..Hey I'm south London Irish!) walked away from Millwall when he felt the crowd turn on him. He did it because he loved the club and he also didn't want to tarnish his reputation as Millwall's all time greatest goal scorer. It was a smart move. The fans wished him well. Lennon should have done the same. I totally get that he believed he could've turned it around - and who would want to walk away from the Celtic job - but he effed up by staying on for too long. I think the lack of fans also made the decision to keep him on MUCH easier. The board should have pulled the trigger much earlier, so they can take a lot of the blame too. For me, Lennon is still a legend and I don't want to slag him too much. It was wrong from the start... but it is what it is. Personally, good luck to the bloke. He tried, he failed, we move on.

P.S. Don't take Harris! :)

Bonobhoy and seamus1967 like this.
  12. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Thanks for all the good times, hope you go on to learning from your mistakes where ever your career takes you. Our rebuilding as a club and a brand starts now, sadly you can’t leave with your head up high as you’ve wrecked that legacy with months of sub par performances, ludicrous press conferences and truly baffling tactical and managerial decisions.

Your legacy of a player will never be tainted but unfortunately you’ll always be remembered as the guy that destroyed the dream of 10iar, I know that will hurt you as much as it hurts the fans, but you were the only person capable of stopping the rot, tactically you were inept and too stubborn to know when your time was over as a manager, you are 4-6 months to late, the damage has been done, you should have walked after the CLUJ game, even then in your heart of hearts you knew you were not capable of turning it around. For that many of the fans will never forgive you.

Good luck with your future, but good riddance that your gone, we can now start the enormous task of rebuilding what you’ve destroyed.

13. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Should have been done in october.
    * * as * tj
    Yup.
    Basically saying without so many words how the * have the imploded this much.
    When the scum manager is taken aback thats when * is really and truly messed up
    Considering we won 12 trophies on the trot

Marie likes this.
  14. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Me and my one share could be up for this!

seanm and Seán Mac D like this.
  15. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Seeing as this is obviously aimed at me and seeing as you seem to have failed to grasp what asking for money was about, despite it being perfectly obvious, let me explain it to you.
    The stated aim of the trust is to build up a significant amount of shares to allow them to have voting rights. They intend to do this by getting folk to proxy their existing shares to the trust OR to get Individuals to set up a subscription pledging X amount of pounds per month to allow them to buy shares.

The only person gibbering on about fees is you, so try and get your facts right in future and if in doubt I suggest you ask instead of assuming as I don't appreciate an attempt by anyone to put words into my mouth that I never said.

I look forward to you "clarifying some misinformation" very shortly :50:

16. Yoshi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Andreas Thom
    * off and don't come back

Save me he gave his life for Celtic pish

The Phoenix likes this.
  17. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Seething. Magic :67:

You've just restated what I've said Timmy :50:

To clarify again though. There is no requirement to pay money to The Celtic Trust and certainly no-one associated with the running of it would endorse anyone in financial difficulty to pay a Direct Debit for the purchase of shares.

18. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Dae it :50:

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  19. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Me, seething ? Naw but I never made an * of myself though.

Cheers for clarifying that I didn't actually say what you claimed. We can only hope the trust has more switched on members actually running it tbh.

20. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ok..but I want a limo from London to all the meetings with free drinks and super models in Celtic tutu's giving me head... massages. This is my price for taking down the old regime. Failing that, a £3.49 Super Chicken dinner and a can of Strongbow cider may also get my share!