1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Personality v Cause. The 2 need to be distinguished.

If people continuously cancel Direct Debits/membershop because the chairman and face of the organisation doesn't have an opinion that identically corresponds with their own then we'll never get anywhere.

Of course it's people's own money and shares to proxy, so the choice is theirs to take. If Low is that off-putting that you don't want to be part of The Trust, then that's your own decision but if you still want more fan representation, I don't know how we get there without getting behind a unified vehicle to do so.

2. carraigbhoy Gold Member Gold Member

At last, what an embarrassment that this went on for so long, it was both a disservice to us the fans and also for him personally (even if he refuses to admit it) IMO, he should have went immediately after we were humiliated out of both European competitions, we would have had time to recover, and he would have been able to rebuild his reputation as a bang average Scottish club level manager. But I sincerely thank him for his service and hope he goes on to manage a club with lower expectations

3. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

4. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

I get all that mate. And I’ll be honest enough to admit that I really struggle with the guy.

It’s not even about having identical views, as you say that’s simply not possible in any walk of life.

His politics aside, the issue at hand here seems to directly contradict ‘change’ and everything that the Trust claims to stand for. He’s outraged cause we’ve sacked Lennon, we’ve gone against the old boys ethos. We’ve sacked one of our own, a Sellick man. He wants to bring up everything Lennon has done for the club historically, and he can’t see past that.

And how dare our fans criticise this man after everything he’s been through. He just stopped short of using the ‘entitled neds’ line this morning.

Not the forward thinking figure the Trust requires IMO

Valhalla and Free the Adblock like this.
  5. KevMan

He gone yet?

Oh wait

6. ruzzle76

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubomir moravcic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    the willy maley song
    Was thinking the exact same thing myself tbh. Hes been resigned to try and save a little of his reputation.

7. ddub11

He could be anything we just dont know.He wouldnt be my choice but the fact is we dont know,sure we could be all saying in a few months he should never have been giving the job but the opposite is also true.

With this covid * money is tight and you know how tight our board are.IMO they see this as an opportunity to appoint Kennedy and save a few quid,lets hope im wrong and we get a proven manager.IMO id like to see Mark Huges given the chance.

8. Venomspawn82

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Hun legend. Nothing more for me. Never a Celtic man. How many times he insulted us this season? How many times his arrogance was shown instead of remorse? Good luck managing Queens Park F.C. next. At this level you should be okay with players drinking, eating fatburgers and getting 3 days off after a losing results because you don't feel like doing the same training over and over. At league two you should get away with no tactics, no sports science, no shape drilling, no analysis, having favourites within players and then shouting these very deeply thought out instructions during the game: "Go! Go!" * clown. Hate him more than some Huns ffs.

9. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Hope your wrong because that's one way to cost 20k+ season tickets.

ddub11 likes this.
  10. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Aye he could be removed after A year.. the hope would be he would be able to set aside his personal views and obvious support had he been in place just now eh. I can see why asking that might cause some discomfort though.

Thats some stretch but nae bother. So because I have pointed out some very basic flaws in what the trust have said/its aims that is continually peddling a myth, really, seriously. It seems the supporters of the trust are a nervous bunch. I would say its basic stuff and at the very least is something a group, who want to have more of a say, should be aware of. This might upset some folk but that's not my problem especially when it's not a myth. There are plenty of examples of myths being peddled on here daily.

11. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

He's not though. He's been vocal about the need for change, if not publicly then absolutely within a Trust setting which I can attest to.

That tweet he's sent out seems to be more pointing out the fact that some are going overboard in their comments with Lennon to the point where it's abuse.

I don't even think that's a particularly 'hot take' to be honest, infact I totally agree with it.

I think his conduct and disdain has been appalling and I've called him out on that but we've had people on here calling him a "wee ginger gremlin" "hope he gets his teeth punched in" and others wishing terminal illness and a slow painful death on him.

12. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

He, and the trust, have been anything but vocal about the need for change in the dugout. They have side stepped the issue time and time again.

He’s David’s pal after all. It’s the old boys mentality of it all that stinks.

I don’t disagree with any of the above RE abuse of Lennon, but that’s simply not the issue at play here. IMO

Valhalla and Tim-Time 1888 like this.
  13. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

You seem to be confusing David Low's personal opinions on Celtic - to which he entitled to as a supporter - to the Trust's views/aims, which he comments on as an unpaid elected member.

What personal view has he expressed that contradicts the Trust's aims? As above, his tweet is simply stating his disdain for Celtic supporters veering into abuse.

SuperZidane likes this.
  14. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

No, I'm certainly not confusing anything. It's you who seems to be confusing my reply to your post and answering someone else's post.

15. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

* up.

16. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Who even gives a * at this stage. The 10iar dream is over, the seasons in ruins, the club is a complete shambles from top to bottom.

Getting rid of Lennon is like throwing a deck chair off the Titanic.

17. BigDoggyWoofWoof

Some of the takes on Lennon in here are way over the top. He's become exposed this season, that's true, but let's not pretend it's single-handled. Those players have been taking the * all season, they collectively downed tools the second the summer transfer window closed and never picked them up again. He was unable to get a handle on them and that's his failing but a new face in the dressing room isn't going to change the fact that half the club don't want to be here.

stubhoy07 likes this.
  18. Venomspawn82

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    No.

theweeman and thailandceltic like this.
  19. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

The board have shown zero inclination to removing him, for me The Trust bringing up managerial matters to the Board is a waste of everyone's time at their meetings. The board knew the wider feelings of the support, they didn't give a *.

For what it's worth both David and Jeanette were in agreement about the need for change. They weren't continuing to back Lennon as an old boy's mentality.

It's exactly the issue at play here.

He's tweeted specifically about Celtic fans abusing Lennon and some are supplanting that with the myth that he and/or The Celtic Trust endorse Lennon staying in the job. Then getting worked up about that myth :39:

20. Martybhoy53

His body language was not exactly helpful. Sittting with his arms folded or feet up and then all the pre and post match guff he spouted. The players lost respect for him. He was clueless as a tactician and didn't give a toss about diet, etc. We regressed alarmingly and the signs were there to see a long time ago.

Free the Adblock likes this.