1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ddub11

He gone we move on.No point in looking back,this chapter is closed we move forward,leagues gone but we can set a marker for next season by stuffing hun.

With regards ti Kennedy,he wouldnt be an exciting appoint but we wont know till he get a run of a few games how good/bad he is and even then it may be a bit soon to judge him.

Lennon tarnished his reputation and more but as i said we move forward,we should never forget how we have been treated but dont let it linger lets try enjoy being fans again.

NakamuraTastic and Jeannie960 like this.
  2. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Sky? Fully expect to see him on the pass to paradise on Saturday. Nae bother to our Neil

3. Conor tierney

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Thank f*ck the saga is over!! It’s far too late but at least he’s gone. Time to rebuild

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  4. honda Gold Member Gold Member

No. Just no. He can do it until the end of the season and maybe rescue his chance of being the under 21 manager.

5. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I agree, look how weak we are now. All of that though is on Lawwell and his “prospect policy” and random huge fees for duds and fuds.

Jeannie960 likes this.
  6. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Wish him all the best, never really wanted him back and anyone who watched our games over last season and start of this season could see this was inevitable really. Club is decimated and a massive rebuild is required. Thankfully for our sake and probably Lennon's mental health it's not about him anymore. Need someone in now or in the summer who will pay his own wages with European success and player development

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

NakamuraTastic and NomDePlum like this.
  7. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Lot of fans waxing lyrical about him on Facebook and the likes. Knew that would happen, of course it’s only natural and to some extent it’s understandable given the legacy he HAD! But for me personally and many others I suspect, he shat all over that legacy then set it aflame the minute he laughed in our faces and tried to make out we were the deluded ones for wanting change. Maybe in a couple of years I’ll think better of him. But for now......* him.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
    Crilly, King of Kings and DonnyCelt like this.
  8. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Is this the Celtic Trust guy?

Alarm bells.

Tim-Time 1888 likes this.
  9. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    The next manager needs to be a guy allowed to make his own choices without interference and proper backing. Time to move on and get rid of the guys who don't want to be here and find some decent players with some hunger in their bellies.

10. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Yep , a walloper to be ignored !!

11. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Its all a bit poignant that hes gone in the ssme week boris said fans could be back for next season... Need to sell those season books

12. oh bhoy

4 months too late

13. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    The Quintuple treble is still on folks .. Lawell , Lennon .. just the moustachioed golfer to go !

14. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Hope the board steal the thunder off the huns again, like they did with Hibs cup final. Announce new manager the day they win it.

15. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

It's been coming for months. Not the way he should have left and it's a crying shame that he's left his reputation in tatters with his stubbornness and apparent lack of awareness.

In spite of that I wish him all the best and maybe when the dust settles I'll feel more sympathetic about his contributions to the club's history.

16. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

A few saying he shouldn't step foot back in Celtic Park, I'm saying he has absolutely earned the right to do so if he so chooses..

Some of the abuse has been well over the top and without any sort of class, but I do understand the anger he put himself before the good of the club.. Arrogant and delusional...

However, name calling etc however crass is simply not comparable to being attacked in the street and receiving bullets and death threats.. So that's pish.

17. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Am just glad that it's over. This seemed inevitible for so long and really should never have been allowed to just drift the way that it has which has only seen things progressively slide. Thanks Neil for all your efforts, and while a great character, simply not a particularly good football manager.

Now, to look to the future and put this whole clusterf*ck of a season behind, even though it's not even March yet, but hopefully considering how long this has taken to come about that the Board/DD have been putting the feelers out for his replacement, so that they will have a good chance to take over, assess the squad and make sure we hit the ground running for the next season.

scootz, Hope N Ur Heart and JC Anton like this.
  18. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Lads can we finally move this into ex players

Bobo_ likes this.
  19. PaddyBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joos Valgaeren
    Woke up with a massive smile on my face to that news earlier. Ill never forget his arrogance and contempt this season.

Now let's look onto our massive rebuild

_DannyBhoy_ likes this.
  20. TicMick

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrick Larsson
    Neil Francis Lennon has left with No * Legacy. It's such a pity it was let go this far & the board are every bit as much to blame for this but a man that went through so much as a player really put us fans through so much in the end & sadly this is what he will be remembered for.

PaddyBhoy likes this.