1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    I will remember him for his words towards us fans. Repeatingly insulting us this season when we were right to question him and the team. Calling us who saw this 20 points fall behind coming in autumn hysterical. Playing the same * 11 again at the game after the Ferencvaros debacle, literally showing us the finger. He has disrespected us supporters in an amount and way I've never witnessed before. Not even now he was a man and stood to his mistakes. It's still the circumstances that failed him, not his poor coaching (nearly every player has regressed since he took over) or lack of game plan or tactics. This man has no respect for us fans and therefore I have none for him. He was lucky to take over a very good team from Rodgers which won trophies for him. If he had taken over from Deila he wouldn't have won much more than Ronny and probably returned to his famous chips and soda diet.

2. TheWolf Waiting on the next Full Moon

Finally ffs. As a previous poster said I believe he was told to resign or be sacked and resigned to try and "save face". Good news he's finally away. Now the board need to get their * in gear and sign a decent replacement.

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  3. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

What a difference a couple of years can make to ones reputation.

When he left first time it was with best wishes, when he got abused elsewhere we supported him fully.

Now he leaves with derision and a tarnished legacy.......I'm actually really sad for what he has done to himself.

4. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    This!!

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  5. Hadouken

21 major honours as a player and a manager, so gutted to see how it's gone this season but he's still been a huge part of many of our best memories and people should keep this in mind once the dust settles, anyway onwards and upwards

leeso-ardoyne and NakamuraTastic like this.
  6. belbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley...the shebeen version
    Thank you and goodbye:50:

seanm likes this.
  7. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

They're hardly going to come out and slate him in the press briefing. Particularly when that would be by extension slating themselves for hiring the guy in the first place and taking no action in the last 4 months when it was apparent to all that the season was going up in flames.

They can try to dress it up how they like but no-one is fooled. The legacy of all parties associated with this is now decided among supporters.

An unmitigated disaster of a season but one that has shown up the incompetence of several individuals at the club and for that reason it could be a good thing in the long-term.

seanm likes this.
  8. Roskopicachu

I'm guessing he lost it after the Ross County game, but he lost the support back in November.
    Now we'll have to endure some banter, but the main thing now is to get recruitment right.
    In order for Sevco to win their first title it's cost them rather a lot of money. Over a daft song,
    they've spent upwards of £90million.
    Now with Lenny gone they're unleashing a little wave of factually incorrect information.
    What is true is Lenny will get a gig in Scotland and that then becomes a problem for
    Stevie G next season.
    Think you'll see Lenny as the next manager of Aberdeen.

9. seanm

And to the club and supporters.burnt his bridges months ago.celtic man my *.HH

10. seanm

Great post.HH

11. cammy07

Cowardly the way he's resigning now due to the prospect of the huns winning the league at parkhead.

Even worse from the board, verging on gross negligence allowing this to go on as long as it did. Had he been sacked months ago we still had a chance but for whatever reason the board failed to pull the trigger.

Lennon and Lawells legacy ruined over this whole debacle.

Martybhoy53 likes this.
  12. seanm

Has to be a big name manager. No roy * keane * or the fans wont plough money in. And they have to spend OUR * money bigtime.HH

13. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

I’m sure Ryan Giggs’ brother remembers all the good times with him as well.

14. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Why would he want to set foot back into Celtic Park? A few days ago he claimed he received as much abuse from us Celtic supporters as he has never experienced before. So our abuse was worse than the death threats from huns and the attack at the mini huns. So why would he even come back to us who are worse than death threaters?

15. Liam Fraser

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    It's to late. Should of been done long ago.

LectersLuncheon and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  16. celtic warrior

Sorry you let the fans down?

Aye right.... *. We've been telling you for months, don't be acting like this suddenly come as a surprise ya * moron.

17. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

Cant wait to listen to him on Sky being a pundit for our games and telling us how to defend corners !!! That will be his next job. His management career will be over.

Yoshi and FranceCelt like this.
  18. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Personally, I have to say I don't care anymore what he has achieved. He has insulted us fans way too many times this season that I can judge him on his trophies only. The man is what counts and he has shown so much disdain towards us supporters in an amount that I have to say he's a very weak character, one who doesn't show respect and therefore can't be respected himself. A real man would at least, when resigning, aknowledge his failings but reading that statements he is once again blaming everyone else them himself, the man who was in charge and responsible for the team.

19. Sgt Neppers*

Far too high a level. Premier sports....at a push.

20. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Too little too late. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

davidhannah and oh bhoy like this.